Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Not counting the diversity aspect, I understand (though don’t agree) why Cyborg was chosen.

Unlike the late 50s or early 60s, technology, data information, computers. All those concepts are more substantial in the 21st century as opposed to back then. If the league’s current origin is going to be in the 21st century with the sliding timescale, you need a tech efficient aspect to the team.

You could get away without it in the 60s League where they gathered in a cave in Happy Harbor, but not in the competitive world of today, where Iron Man and Transformers are looked upon as modern and not just distant futuristic.

That doesn’t apply to Vixen.
    Also have to consider if DC believes Cyborg to be more popular than Vixen by virtue of Cyborg being recognizable from the Teen Titans, and believes will attract more readers that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I would hate that SO SO much. That's one of the reasons why I can't get behind Naomi, because Naomi seems to be too tied to Superman. I have nothing against Superman, and I used to read his books back during the "Triangle" era (back when they used to have triangles on each of Superman's books so that you knew which order to read them in), but I'd prefer it if Naomi was standing on her own and not being connected to Superman and Batman and such.
    I'll take your word for Naomi being connected to Superman, as I don't read his book.

I'd be opposed to Vixen being a supporting character in Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. books. I wouldn't even want her as a supporting cast member in a John Stewart solo book (if he had one). Guest star? Sure. Supporting character? Nope. It feels like a demotion. I'm glad Vixen officially debuted in 1981 as a solo character and a guest-star in Superman's book and not a supporting character.
    Here the thing she needs to appear in something on a regular basic other then being a background character in JLA. At least as a supporting character she has some spotlight and can be developed by a writer that might care about her. Right now, she not doing anything...

I feel like going on a rant now about how DC is dropping the ball with Vixen. LOL
    Dropping!?! That's giving them to much credit.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Dropping!?! That's giving them to much credit.
    You're right, they'd have to be actually using her in order to be dropping her!
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-18-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

what about Justice Society as a home for her? She keeps getting ignored for the JLA in recent years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what about Justice Society as a home for her? She keeps getting ignored for the JLA in recent years.
    She really needs to be on Justice League. It also time to shine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    That's fine with me. She just needs to be used in a positive way. The JLA will always be about the Big Seven with guest...which is great for getting new characters out there. Sadly with a team of Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Manhunter and Flash...damn near everything is covered in spades.

Personally, I think the JLA needs an semi-Earthbound team to handle satiations while the big guns are off saving the universe.

She really needs to be on Justice League. It also time to shine as well.
    I have no problem with her being a regular member of the JLA.

Hell, Wonder Woman just pointed out that she the only woman on the team.

A new review of Vixen: Season 1:

So what kind of interesting animals would you guys like to see Vixen channel?
    I got:

Peacock Mantis Shrimp: Punch like a bullet.
    Praying Mantis: Nature's serial killers basically.
    Blue Ring Octopus: Deadly poison.

I've always wondered; if Vixen channeled the power of a blue whale or any other aquatic creature, would she have trouble breathing?

Not counting the diversity aspect, I understand (though don’t agree) why Cyborg was chosen.

Unlike the late 50s or early 60s, technology, data information, computers. All those concepts are more substantial in the 21st century as opposed to back then. If the league’s current origin is going to be in the 21st century with the sliding timescale, you need a tech efficient aspect to the team.

You could get away without it in the 60s League where they gathered in a cave in Happy Harbor, but not in the competitive world of today, where Iron Man and Transformers are looked upon as modern and not just distant futuristic.

That doesn’t apply to Vixen.
    They could have gone with Mr. Terrific but can't risk overshadowing Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I got:

Peacock Mantis Shrimp: Punch like a bullet.
    Praying Mantis: Nature's serial killers basically.
    Blue Ring Octopus: Deadly poison.

I've always wondered; if Vixen channeled the power of a blue whale or any other aquatic creature, would she have trouble breathing?
    She doesn't seem to have problems breathing under water.
    20200521_193641.jpg

20200521_193859.jpg

As I've said more than once I would love to see her take on Kypto the Superdog's ability or develop Grollia Grood mental powers.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-21-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'd like to see Vixen channel the bugs that Ambush Bug used to use to teleport. I saw in a YouTube video where the bugs eventually died (although Ambush Bug can now teleport without them), but since Vixen can channel extinct animals, she could still mimic their ability to teleport.

If she combined the bugs' teleportation ability with the punch of the pistol shrimp and the speed of a cheetah, she'd be a really fast-moving teleporting bullet puncher.

Or maybe instead of the pistol shrimp, she would rapidly teleport while shooting out porcupine quills at her enemies...
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-21-2020 at 07:01 PM.

I'd like to see Vixen channel the bugs that Ambush Bug used to use to teleport. I saw in a YouTube video where the bugs eventually died (although Ambush Bug can now teleport without them), but since Vixen can channel extinct animals, she could still mimic their ability to teleport.

If she combined the bugs' teleportation ability with the punch of the pistol shrimp and the speed of a cheetah, she'd be a really fast-moving teleporting bullet puncher.

Or maybe instead of the pistol shrimp, she would rapidly teleport while shooting out porcupine quills at her enemies...
    LOL, I didn't know Ambush Bug used an actual teleporting bug...lol. He really should be used more.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    LOL, I didn't know Ambush Bug used an actual teleporting bug...lol. He really should be used more.
    I wonder what a team-up between Vixen and Ambush Bug would be like. And Vixen might not be able to teleport using those bugs after all, because I'm reading up on Ambush Bug on another site, and it says those are robotic bugs. I'm not sure if Vixen could mimic the abilities of robotic bugs, although her powers do come from magic, so who knows...

Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-21-2020 at 07:49 PM.

I wonder what a team-up between Vixen and Ambush Bug would be like. And Vixen might not be able to teleport using those bugs after all, because I'm reading up on Ambush Bug on another site, and it says those are robotic bugs. I'm not sure if Vixen could mimic the abilities of robotic bugs, although her powers do come from magic, so who knows...

Ambush Bug was Deadpool before Deadpool was a glimmer in Marvel's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Nice find. I loved JLU's version of Vixen and that portrayal is my go-to-version of Vixen. I loved her charisma and her look. Gina Torres was perfect for her voice too. I definitely prefer JLU's Vixen much more than her CW animated-mini counterpart. It would be great if DC featured Vixen in more of their animated films.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!