Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    That tweet has been deleted - but the image hasn't? Odd, considering the deletion of this on Twitter - and Instagram - is because this has been leaked too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Didio leaving was a godsend lol He leaves and suddenly Mr Terrific, Black Lightning, John Stewart and Vixen all get attention! Milestone returns and Cyborg gets his Titans history back (or so it seems)
    I wouldn't say that about Terrific. He's been leading his own team, The Terrifics, and appearing in Strange Adventures.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-22-2020 at 06:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like Vixen's new look but I'm not fond of the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by lgcruz View Post
    I also agree this hair doesn´t suit vixen, I mean she is still supposed to be a supermodel, right?
    One doesn't preclude the other.

BANNED

Can you guys see the eagle, elephant, tiger and fox/wolf/dog in the negative colors of her costume?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yea for all it's faults there's been a slow shift in the fashion industry to be more inclusive of different hair textures. Putting loose hair and other white features at the pinnacle of beauty is weird and unnecessary. I think the short hair is womanly and attractive on Mari. As long as they don't use it as a justification to make her more aggressive and actually play into the stereotypes of "masculine black women" then it's all good in my book.

I actually dig the fade, I've never been too keen on the short pixie cut looking thing they like to do with Vixen. If they are gonna go short prefer they do something that's clearly afrocentric in style; she African, let my baby be African DC! I like the overall design, I'm a little iffy on the bird crotch ngl but it's not SOOOOO distracting that I can't get used to it. as for the idea that the hair makes her disign look too "masculine", masculinity and femininity are not limited to your hair length. there are plenty women doing the big chop nowadays and the people who "masculitize" black women are gonna project masculinity on her anyway; it all comes down to how they portray her femininity in the story.

I'm more intrigued by the writer, Geoffrey Thorne. I think I've seen his name somewhere but I don't think I'm familiar with his work. anyone have a gauge on if he's a good fit? y'all know Vixen only gets one story every 3000 years, I just wanna know if they setting her up for success this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Can you guys see the eagle, elephant, tiger and fox/wolf/dog in the negative colors of her costume?
    I can see a wolf/dog on her back, her front looks kinda like an antelope. I can see Tiger stripes too, but that's all I got
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-22-2020 at 09:04 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I actually dig the fade, I've never been too keen on the short pixie cut looking thing they like to do with Vixen. If they are gonna go short prefer they do something that's clearly afrocentric in style; she African, let my baby be African DC! I like the overall design, I'm a little iffy on the bird crotch ngl but it's not SOOOOO distracting that I can't get used to it. as for the idea that the hair makes her disign look too "masculine", masculinity and femininity are not limited to your hair length. there are plenty women doing the big chop nowadays and the people who "masculitize" black women are gonna project masculinity on her anyway; it all comes down to how they portray her femininity in the story.

I'm more intrigued by the writer, Geoffrey Thorne. I think I've seen his name somewhere but I don't think I'm familiar with his work. anyone have a gauge on if he's a good fit? y'all know Vixen only gets one story every 3000 years, I just wanna know if they setting her up for success this time around.

I can see a wolf/dog on her back, her front looks kinda like an antelope. I can see Tiger stripes too, but that's all I got
    https://www.marvel.com/comics/creato...eoffrey_thorne

Recognize any?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I disagree, I don't think that short hair is masculine at all, it comes down to all the other features. If Vixen is looking like that pic the entire comic I'd say she's feminine lol. I also think that giving her natural hair is a good move from a marketing perspective. But we'll see if this look carries over to other books and mediums.
    Damn writing on my phone. I meant feminine. Lol should have proof read that. What you get when you post at work.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Eagle, yes. But I see an antelope on the front and backsides more than anything else.

Vaguely an elephant on the front with a trunk.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yea that eagle crotch gotta move. Place it somewhere else. Though it's still not as bad as Dick Robin's crotch arrow. Maybe shorten the animal face silhouette on the chest and back then place the eagle on her waist

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ah! he wrote Mosaic, I haven't read it but I remember hearing about that book. good looks man!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    One of the top supermodels right now too
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I got the eagle, elephant and maybe tiger or fox on the back..

Hopefully, this is the start of a new team book. I would love to see a book with Vixen as the JLA main tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    One of the top supermodels right now too
    True, though even she shown some variety.
    20200922_120922.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-22-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I'm buying. Is that a Panther pendant oh her neck?

Incredible Member

I hope this does well, but I have a nagging feeling people won't buy because it's not Batman.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 09-22-2020 at 10:40 AM.