Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I think Harley Quinn is their second most significant female character ('fourth member of the Trinity', my ass), and that's just kinda sad.

I feel like Black Canary, Hawkwoman and Vixen, in particular, and perhaps a few others, like Starfire, Raven and Big Barda, should have gotten far bigger pushes over the years. There never should have been, IMO, any argument over whether or not Martian Manhunter or Cyborg was the 'seventh' member of the big seven, when Wonder Woman was the only woman.

Vixen, IMO, is one of the most distinctive and dynamic 'non-Satellite era' Leaguers out there, and I'd really like to see more of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think Harley Quinn is their second most significant female character ('fourth member of the Trinity', my ass), and that's just kinda sad.

I feel like Black Canary, Hawkwoman and Vixen, in particular, and perhaps a few others, like Starfire, Raven and Big Barda, should have gotten far bigger pushes over the years. There never should have been, IMO, any argument over whether or not Martian Manhunter or Cyborg was the 'seventh' member of the big seven, when Wonder Woman was the only woman.

Vixen, IMO, is one of the most distinctive and dynamic 'non-Satellite era' Leaguers out there, and I'd really like to see more of her.
    everyone says this and yet DC, for whatever reason, does not want to invest in Vixen.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ideally I'd prefer a solo but I'm ok with her popping up in another team book.

A female Superhero team could push Vixen and others little-used female characters a long way.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    A female Superhero team could push Vixen and others little-used female characters a long way.
    Who would you put on said team? with Vixen as the leader of course.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Who would you put on said team? with Vixen as the leader of course.
    We had a post here a little while ago and I agreed with the outcome of the poll.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...l-Vote!/page10

It was Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Vixen, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Mera and Jessica Cruz (Green Lantern)

I would also throw Starfire in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I think that's the first time I've ever seen those comic book panels...
    It kind of shocked me when I saw the pic. It's a definite strength feat, that put her mimicking powers in question.

It's another showing of her enhancing and twisting the abilities she mimics.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Harley was pushed but she was also pretty popular from the begining. It just shows that you cant really create popularity. Some characters are just created at the right time with the right characteristics to become popular.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Harley was pushed but she was also pretty popular from the begining. It just shows that you cant really create popularity. Some characters are just created at the right time with the right characteristics to become popular.
    I won't say you can't create popularity, but I will say it's very difficult, and probably more so with pre-existing characters. A lot of times, if a character isn't popular out of the gate, they never become so. And if they do, it might be the work of one writer and only lasts for the duration of that writer's time on the book.

On another topic, would you create a new villain to be Vixen's archenemy or using an existing one? I admit I don't like Maksai, and would rather he not be used in a reboot (can't help wondering if at least partial one is in the works) - at least not in his original incarnation. But I know that many people love evil relatives, even though I hate them. He didn't last long the first time, though, did he?

And what's your ideal base city of operations for Vixen - real or fictional city, what country, etc. Who'd make a good supporting cast? Existing known characters, previously existing minor characters (like Solomon Samuels or Kip from the very early days), or new characters? Maybe show her running the business and have employees as support? Is a love interest necessary - most heroes have them, but there have been some successful solo heroes that don't keep a primary love interest around long term.

Personally, I would love to see a new villain created to fight Vixen. Someone connected to the RED with animals based powers like Beast Boy

If Vixen ever gets a solo I feel like most of the cast would be new and a few deep cut choices based on her past appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    If Vixen ever gets a solo I feel like most of the cast would be new and a few deep cut choices based on her past appearances.
    I think it'd be fun for a character to have a truly civilian supporting cast again. There aren't many of those anymore, it seems like. And most are older ones where the cast was established decades ago. I particularly think it might be a good idea for a love interest (if she has one). But if it's she's dating another cape, at least don't make it one more popular than her. Let her be the primary instead of the love interest, if you know what I mean? Don't define her as "X's girlfriend." A new civilian not associated with any other hero also means writers wouldn't have to worry about someone else wanting to do something with that character and screwing up any long-term plans. Though there is a highly likely downside of a new writer coming along and jettisoning all the existing supporting cast (happened to Wonder Woman and Supergirl so many times, and has been done with Impulse and Superboy each before, too).

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I won't say you can't create popularity, but I will say it's very difficult, and probably more so with pre-existing characters. A lot of times, if a character isn't popular out of the gate, they never become so. And if they do, it might be the work of one writer and only lasts for the duration of that writer's time on the book.

On another topic, would you create a new villain to be Vixen's archenemy or using an existing one? I admit I don't like Maksai, and would rather he not be used in a reboot (can't help wondering if at least partial one is in the works) - at least not in his original incarnation. But I know that many people love evil relatives, even though I hate them. He didn't last long the first time, though, did he?

And what's your ideal base city of operations for Vixen - real or fictional city, what country, etc. Who'd make a good supporting cast? Existing known characters, previously existing minor characters (like Solomon Samuels or Kip from the very early days), or new characters? Maybe show her running the business and have employees as support? Is a love interest necessary - most heroes have them, but there have been some successful solo heroes that don't keep a primary love interest around long term.
    Maksai works as a villain but perhaps not her main nemesis. I agree the evil relative angle is kind of played out. They seem to have her on the typical "female character road to redemption arche," That so many female villains get put on nowerdays. I think her ideal nemesis would be a male or female, with a versitile powerset (something like Telekinesis). Maksai, works as part of the rogue's gallery because of her powerset. Vixen's greatest strength is that she can do a little bit of everything, but not on the top level. She could also use some "brain over brawn," style rogue's to.

Mister Terrific as a love interests and Gorilla Grodd as a villain

Bronze Tiger and Vixen forever! they already got the matching color palette. I also feel that, as both are characters that are constantly overlooked, if we angle them as a power couple they have the potential to grow together and compliment each other's growth; like Storm and Black Pather but with characters on a much smaller scale. plus, Vixen as the bigger draw could give Bronze Tiger new life by bringing him into her world, having Bronze Tiger become more afrocentric and incorporating more african elements into the character could open up story possibilities for both.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-24-2020 at 07:34 PM.

currently following: