Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    That's possible... not her usual look though.
    I think its her usual look:
    Brown Hairs, red costume with yellow designs.....

Cassie is blonde and has a DIFFERENT Costume now..

I read on a website which listens which characters are in the book and she was mentioned, so I think its her...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    How would having long straight hair be Eurocentric? Native Americans and Asians are notorious for having beautiful straight hair, especially the former.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Think he means Eurocentric in terms of giving straight hair to Vixen.
    Meaning using the white European woman as the standard of beauty with the other cases being considered “exotic exceptions” and women of color being influenced to mimic that standard to be considered acceptably mainstream “beautiful” by straightening hair through often painful means or covering their natural hair with wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yep, one need not be black in order to appreciate African hairstyles.

Likewise, black people need not be Native American, Chinese, or Japanese in order to appreciate Native American, Chinese, or Japanese hairstyles either.
    No, but that authentic appreciation is hard enough to come by in 2020. In 1980s? Not even close.

VIXEN 0.jpgLove me some Vixen

VIXEN 1.jpganother piece of art

VIXEN 2.jpg[SIZE=6]I hope we get a JLI in the future

VIXEN 4.jpganother Mari Fav.

VIXEN 8.jpgalways thought Mari would make a cool member of the Titans w Troia.

Vixen vs. Raiden (Injustice 2):

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    ...by a White Male artist and writer who likely had no appreciation of natural african hairstyles in 1981. The standard of "beauty" was just different and decidedly Eurocentric regardless of the appropriateness for the character.
    It never brother me because I have no idea where Zambesi is located. If it's upper Africa where there a high number of mixed African, I can understand her hair being more straight then curly. Especially, if Zambesi is close to Ethiopia or Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Vixen vs. Raiden (Injustice 2):

Well, that was a nail bitter. LOL

if this was me, my brother would have yelled at me, as I have a tendency to end my fights with either a throw or a SUPER. I've actually lost fights because I was trying to make the ending pretty. LOL
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-16-2020 at 05:26 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    It never brother me because I have no idea where Zambesi is located. If it's upper Africa where there a high number of mixed African, I can understand her hair being more straight then curly. Especially, if Zambesi is close to Ethiopia or Egypt.

Well, that was a nail bitter. LOL

if this was me, my brother would have yelled at me, as I have a tendency to end my fights with either a throw or a SUPER. I've actually lost fights because I was trying to make the ending pretty. LOL
    Yeah, this was a good fight. I didn't initially see the "Vixen wins" "spoiler" in the video thumbnail when I first watched it on YouTube, so I wasn't sure if Vixen was going to be victorious.

I would love to see a team up With Lana Lang as Insect Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I would love to see a team up With Lana Lang as Insect Queen.

Friends with Superman, get a power.

I think it would be cool to see Vixen as a supporting cast member in Superman.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Friends with Superman, get a power.

I think it would be cool to see Vixen as a supporting cast member in Superman.
    I would hate that SO SO much. That's one of the reasons why I can't get behind Naomi, because Naomi seems to be too tied to Superman. I have nothing against Superman, and I used to read his books back during the "Triangle" era (back when they used to have triangles on each of Superman's books so that you knew which order to read them in), but I'd prefer it if Naomi was standing on her own and not being connected to Superman and Batman and such.

I'd be opposed to Vixen being a supporting character in Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. books. I wouldn't even want her as a supporting cast member in a John Stewart solo book (if he had one). Guest star? Sure. Supporting character? Nope. It feels like a demotion. I'm glad Vixen officially debuted in 1981 as a solo character and a guest-star in Superman's book and not a supporting character.

I feel like going on a rant now about how DC is dropping the ball with Vixen. LOL
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 05-17-2020 at 07:58 AM.

I have to say imwould have preferred Vixen as a JLA member vs shoving Cyborg into that role. We would have had diversity AND another woman on the team...
    Last edited by wonder39; 05-18-2020 at 01:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I have to say imwould have preferred Vixen as a JLA member vs shoving Cyborg into that role. We would have had diversity AND another woman on the team...
    Not counting the diversity aspect, I understand (though don’t agree) why Cyborg was chosen.

Unlike the late 50s or early 60s, technology, data information, computers. All those concepts are more substantial in the 21st century as opposed to back then. If the league’s current origin is going to be in the 21st century with the sliding timescale, you need a tech efficient aspect to the team.

You could get away without it in the 60s League where they gathered in a cave in Happy Harbor, but not in the competitive world of today, where Iron Man and Transformers are looked upon as modern and not just distant futuristic.

That doesn’t apply to Vixen.