Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm seeing scans of Vixen turning into an animal and honestly I think that's stupid? Why would she turn into the animal when she can use that animals ability on a superhuman level?

I don't mind the hybrid transformations like fish gills or nails into claws but full on transformations seem dumb and wanders into beast boy territory.

Ultimate Member

It appears Vixen is going to be left out of this The Other History of the DC Universe' that is set to come in November.

She along with Supergirl and Extrano were in the original pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm seeing scans of Vixen turning into an animal and honestly I think that's stupid? Why would she turn into the animal when she can use that animals ability on a superhuman level?

I don't mind the hybrid transformations like fish gills or nails into claws but full on transformations seem dumb and wanders into beast boy territory.
    I don't know, her sometimes deciding to turn into the actual animal she wants to mimic could come in handy at times. If she ever wanted to spy on someone for a case or something, she could easily turn into an insect or a bird and follow them and be inconspicuous. Or she could turn into a squirrel and spy on someone from a tree branch.

Probably the only problems she'd run into while looking like the actual animals is the males of the species trying to mate with her!
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-12-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Technically, they have the same power. I think Animal Man and Vixen (both have transformed into animals before) just have a more advance version of animal mimicking abilities.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It appears Vixen is going to be left out of this The Other History of the DC Universe' that is set to come in November.

I hope that's not the case. Vixen and Estrano deserve to be in there and their inclusion would make for better representation of the DCU.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

from what I understand based on what's s being reported, it appears the content isn't gonna change much, it was the art that needed an overhaul. I would like to believe Extrano and Vixen are still set to appear but just weren't in this particular announcement. we have a couple months till November, maybe we'll get more word as we get closer to the day.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    from what I understand based on what's s being reported, it appears the content isn't gonna change much, it was the art that needed an overhaul. I would like to believe Extrano and Vixen are still set to appear but just weren't in this particular announcement. we have a couple months till November, maybe we'll get more word as we get closer to the day.
    But wouldn't you still mention them? Because the first pitch said their view points as well. This is 5 issues and they listed 5 folks.

I like how Vixen is drawn on this cover:

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I like how Vixen is drawn on this cover:

That's a hard team to beat. Add in Martian Manhunter/Zatanna and it would be my favorite JLA.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Vixen has a shirt for sale on the DC Fandome store. She’s also featured on a poster with Bumblebee, John Stewart and Black Lightning, that’s also available for purchase. I’m sure there will be even more exclusive content too

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Vixen has a shirt for sale on the DC Fandome store. She’s also featured on a poster with Bumblebee, John Stewart and Black Lightning, that’s also available for purchase. I’m sure there will be even more exclusive content too
    Yes indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fandome's online store is open.
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-fandome-onlin...er-woman-gear/

And they're selling this.

John Stewart, Vixen, Black Lightning, and Bumblebee!

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I just purchased the Vixen t-shirt and the "We Rise Together" t-shirt with those characters.

https://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/...-super-heroes/

Anyone seen the new Netflix Movie with Jamie Fox called Project Power? Thread related.

SPOILERS
    spoilers:
    It deals with a pill that can give anyone super abilities for 5 minutes. The powers come from the abilities of those used by animals. It has a good scene with the abilities of the Wolverine frog who can break its bones and use as weapons.
    end of spoilers

But wouldn't you still mention them? Because the first pitch said their view points as well. This is 5 issues and they listed 5 folks.
    that's true, I could be wrong. we'll have to wait for the first issue to know what we're dealing with. I just really am hoping Vixen and the others are a part in some capacity.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yes indeed...
    It's nice to see DC pushing Bumblebee --- even though I"m not a fan of that particular look. I wish they'd just go ahead an let Mal be Guardian as was first intended in the mid 70s revival. Herald/Hornblower should be excised from the 'other history'.