Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I just realized every time Vixen takes a step it would like the bird on her costume is flapping a wing, the bird crotch would literally look like it's trying flying away ...yeah.
    ^^^that'd be real distracting.
    Talk about a case of ‘my eyes are up here’.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    What do you all think of this? We know Vixen can mimic the abilities of mythological creatures, like that time in canon when she mimicked the fire breath of a dragon...

I saw the following entry on this website: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...onsters-africa

"4. Impundulu
    The Impundulu or Lightning Bird is a supernatural bird from Pondo, Zulu, and Xhosa folklore. The South African bird is as big as a human and can summon lightning and storms, hence the name. The bird is sometimes a shape shifter that can appear as a human, and sometimes said to be a supernatural familiar that guards a witch or witch doctor. It will attack people and drink their blood. However, parts of the Impundulu or its eggs have medicinal powers."

I'm thinking that could be useful in a theoretical Vixen vs. Storm fight on ComicVine or somewhere else.
    ^^^Nice.
    I’ve been a Vixen >>>> Storm guy for years, but it’s always encouraging to see others on her side.

I like the clean lines of the DCAU Vixen design for its bold distinctiveness. However I don't mind the added woven texture that is added in this design by artist Robby Cook...
    https://www.facebook.com/cartooncookie

What do you all think of this? We know Vixen can mimic the abilities of mythological creatures, like that time in canon when she mimicked the fire breath of a dragon...

I saw the following entry on this website: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...onsters-africa

"4. Impundulu
    The Impundulu or Lightning Bird is a supernatural bird from Pondo, Zulu, and Xhosa folklore. The South African bird is as big as a human and can summon lightning and storms, hence the name. The bird is sometimes a shape shifter that can appear as a human, and sometimes said to be a supernatural familiar that guards a witch or witch doctor. It will attack people and drink their blood. However, parts of the Impundulu or its eggs have medicinal powers."

I'm thinking that could be useful in a theoretical Vixen vs. Storm fight on ComicVine or somewhere else.
    Personally I think any “supernatural” or “mythical” animals should require Vixen to go on a “spirit journey” through the Red to connect with and convince them to link their abilities to the totem. Channeling such beasts should come with danger.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I like the clean lines of the DCAU Vixen design for its bold distinctiveness. However I don't mind the added woven texture that is added in this design by artist Robby Cook...
    That's actually a nice design.

Love this design more than the design for this possible one-shot, mini, series
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Love this design more than the design for this possible one-shot, mini, series
    I agree with you. Vixen looks dope in the pic, very energetic and cute. I also like the backdrop.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I really like this design! While I'm far more partial to the hair on the new design, I like the costume on this design far more; especially the neck rings and the texture. I would've loved if she had some animals worked into the suit but honestly this design's simplicity is it's strength and is pretty perfect as it is. damn, I'm a little more disappointed in the other suit now (the coochie bird is definitely not helping).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

See, this look I can get behind. A strong feminine look which shows off her versatility.

She should always be protracted as a niche character. Someone who can fill in almost any role on a team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

"4. Impundulu

I would not mind seeing Vixen channelling the powers of mythical creatures. I would like to see her channelling the power of a Phoenix, Zouwu or a Thunderbird.

BANNED

I think Mari would be perfect for a magical version of the Terrifics.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zambezi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zambezi,_Zambia

Try again?

Her home village is Zambesi, her home country is likely but not necessarily Zambia, specifically the "North-Western"/"Solwezi Province" under the name "M'Changa".

Her surname means "stone" in Swahilli, which also point to that general area.

While Anansi specifically is West African and the CWverse uses the Yuroba name in connection with the Totem's powers, such concepts are not unfamiliar to East Africans either.

*shrugs* It's kinda a hodge-podge really and honestly diving deeper into both to give a richer palette of allies and enemies wouldn't be a bad idea.

Solwezi is a place in the north west of Zambia. Name sounds very southern Africa. I know it's spelt Zambezi not Zambesi but the place of inspiration is clear. My main problem is the tendency to mix and match random african mythos that don't have anything to do with each other when it comes to writing about Africa. Zambian languages share words with Swahili because they are in the bantu language family.
    Last edited by OopsIdiditagain; 09-28-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I should also add that Zimbabwe, Zambia and other southern african countries have the concept of totem's too. Mainly families/clans being connected to certain animals.

"4. Impundulu

That would be cool. They should have her fighting mythicap monsters too

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think Mari would be perfect for a magical version of the Terrifics.
    Or join JLDark
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Or join JLDark

Good idea the current run is good.