Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Not really liking the bird outline on the crotch/hips. But it’s just the one pic, so it may look fine in action.
    I really like this design, maybe I am just biased because character is drawn having booty.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I really like this design, maybe I am just biased because character is drawn having booty.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this .

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    On the topic of Vixen having a celebrity type villain, wouldn't Jezebel Jet be a good candidate?

She's like a foil for Vixen. Both are African models but one grew up in a more humble household and chose to be a hero while the other lived a luxurious life and chose a life of crime
    Truthfully, I wish Mari was drawn like this. It's more inline with her first appearance.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    There are no bad characters only bad writers.
    this is a fact.

They are most definitely bad characters, Good characters are easy to set up and easy to go different directions bad characters need mountains of work and nearly perfect execution to work. I am using this character as example of bad character(she isn't) but she is an example of how much work it takes for a characters to made good. The example is Pyslocke and she is perfect example because it is obvious to see how different character had to be change to make the character good. In fact Psylocke shows that they just made a different character not "fix" a character. Fiction allows writers to make character into a whole different person. If you have to make a character into basically new character the character was bad.
    I'd say that it lies at the feet of the writer. A good example is Bishop: He was written so badly after Messiah Complex that he was pretty much unusable. That's not his fault but the fault of the writer and editor who thought it would be a good idea to turn him into a homicidal mass murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'd say that it lies at the feet of the writer. A good example is Bishop: He was written so badly after Messiah Complex that he was pretty much unusable. That's not his fault but the fault of the writer and editor who thought it would be a good idea to turn him into a homicidal mass murderer.
    Let's not talk about the mess that was Messiah Complex. Luckily, Storm's erased those memories.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Let's not talk about the mess that was Messiah Complex. Luckily, Storm's erased those memories.
    I wish we all could forget that hot pile.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    On the topic of Vixen having a celebrity type villain, wouldn't Jezebel Jet be a good candidate?

She's like a foil for Vixen. Both are African models but one grew up in a more humble household and chose to be a hero while the other lived a luxurious life and chose a life of crime
    Her and Red Lion would definitely make good foils/villains for Mari.

I wish we all could forget that hot pile.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    While I don't mind her. I also don't want Vixen only fighting black characters.

I'd definitely call Jezebel Jet a bad character.

I was talking more about design than bad stories,they are good designs and bad designs, Batman is good design and concept, We have seen millions of version of Batman a lot of them work because it is good concept. Stiltman or Kiteman not so good concepts to make these character work you need to specific set up and large scale overhaul of character. They are most definitely bad characters but because of fiction you can completely renovate a character.

It is like saying they are no bad houses in real life. If you can break down to the foundation and rebuild any house they are no "bad houses". The reality is the house that you have break down and completely rebuild a house it is a bad house. A good house is a house where you just need to do minor painting and adjustments. Saying they are no bad characters is pretending like effort to make something good doesn't factor in the discussion. If you have spend thousands of dollars and effort to break down,clean up then actually build up the house. You could have save yourself the trouble and just buy a new house or build a new house some where else and skip that breakdown and clean up process . You can fix any character in fiction it doesn't mean that effort to do so it worth it.

Which bring me back to my Psylocke example, In hindsight they could have just introduce Kwannon. We can clearly see that renovating is actually a different character. Another example is the Immortal Hulk could clearly be a different character. Just imagine instead of renovating Hulk, They use that concept for another character an amazing strong character who can't die during the Night time because he got his power from through The green door from The One Below All. Fiction gives us the ability to pretend this is the same character have always known aka good writing.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-13-2020 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Considering Vixen was planned to have her own comic way back near her first introduction before than plans fell, I'm surprised she hasn't been pushed more.
    Have you met DC when it comes to their black characters, everyone else is a priority except the ones with melanin.

Exactly, half the issues these "bad characters" have is a result of the writer.

I mean that mission could have been accomplished without showing the a** crack, now it just looks like Vixen has a costume wedgie along with birthing birds out her cooch.

Artists who do stuff like this (i.e have costume that mold each boob a woman has, that mold each butt cheek, create boob or ab armor), show they lack an understanding when it comes to practicality.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Truthfully, I wish Mari was drawn like this. It's more inline with her first appearance.
    Less orange I hope.

Like on the one hand the more characters that can be used to benefit Vixen the better but on the other hand, Red Lion is just a character Priest created as a joke and a bit of a homage to what he's known for with BP.

Eh I have no problem with it, I guess I just want to know why the push from fans here to make Red Lion a thing.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 10-14-2020 at 12:44 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mostly because I love Priestroke and would like to see more elements of his stuff be used by others, but Red Lion is a great villain nonetheless. An oppressive dictator who butchers his own people, with a very dry sardonic sense of humor, he’s just fun to read about. And given Mari doesn’t have any real Rogues of her own, I’m just spitballing and talking about characters I think would be cool to see her fight.

Mostly because I love Priestroke and would like to see more elements of his stuff be used by others, but Red Lion is a great villain nonetheless. An oppressive dictator who butchers his own people, with a very dry sardonic sense of humor, he’s just fun to read about. And given Mari doesn’t have any real Rogues of her own, I’m just spitballing and talking about characters I think would be cool to see her fight.
    exactly, independent of the Black Panther inspired visage, Red Lion reads as an intriguing character; I get protential African Doctor Doom vibes from him. He outsmarted and tricked Deathstroke just to steal his suit to make it his own, and caused some mischief for the Justice League for a political play. he seems like he could be a fun character if fleshed out properly. it also helps that, with Black Panther's cultural revitalization, a lot of DC fans seem to be more receptive of even the slightest whiff of something like Black Panther in the DC camp.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

well I did it over in the Black Lightning thread, we did it again in the Cyborg thread, so let's try it for Vixen:

if DC were building a "Vixen Family" like the Flash Family or the Batfamily who would you recruit to roll over to expand Vixen's world?

look at it like your populating her personal city/domain with characters, like it's her Gotham, Metropolis, or Central City. including Vixen you need at least 7 additional characters, so 8 family members minimum. Since the Vixen conversation has steered toward rogues, let's also recruit 5 villains for her rogues gallery. so Vixen + 7 family members + 5 villains; so 13 characters in total. I'm gonna post my pitch in a bit, once I think of it
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."