Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    One of the advantages of African diaspora characters over Sub-Saharan African characters is that a wider range of black people can identify with each of your black characters. A light skin black kid may not be able to imagine himself growing up to play Black Panther, but there's no reason he can't play say Mr. Terrific, who can be any shade associated with Sub-Saharan heritage. Counting people in is the name of the game. I don't see people complain about Blade (technically half-White in the original comics) being played by Wesley Snipes.
    A light skin Black kid can identify with Wakandan/other African heroes. Africans don't come in one shade, same with mixed-race people like Blade.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    A light skin Black kid can identify with Wakandan/other African heroes. Africans don't come in one shade, same with mixed-race people like Blade.
    Call me when Marvel casts a light-skinned black actor to play the king of Wakanda without backlash.

Call me when Marvel casts a light-skinned black actor to play the king of Wakanda without backlash.
    Boy, that would start a fight. I remember the hatred Alexandra Shipp got for playing Storm.

I's funny how skin color and representation has become a major issues for Hollywood.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Black Panther got backlash for not casting someone African, it's not like there were never any controversies in the first place.

Just saying dark skin =/= African.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

TRUTH & JUSTICE #1
    written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    art by CHRISCROSS and JORDI TARRAGONA
    cover by CHRISCROSS
    variant cover by ARTIST
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    DIGITAL FIRST
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    Vixen takes center stage in the debut issue of this new team-up series! Mari McCabe is many things: superhero, model, activist, but can she add godkiller to the list? Vixen teams up with Dr. Mist and Impala of the Global Guardians to face down an ancient deity that’s taken over the body of a scientist investigating powerful magical artifacts. Vixen will need to dig deep and use all the abilities in the animal kingdom to face down this powerful primeval threat!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Was hoping for a mini but I’ll take this! Guess this is the first of the new push into digital DC is planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

TRUTH & JUSTICE #1
    cover by CHRISCROSS
    variant cover by ARTIST
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    DIGITAL FIRST
    Vixen takes center stage in the debut issue of this new team-up series! Mari McCabe is many things: superhero, model, activist, but can she add godkiller to the list? Vixen teams up with Dr. Mist and Impala of the Global Guardians to face down an ancient deity that’s taken over the body of a scientist investigating powerful magical artifacts. Vixen will need to dig deep and use all the abilities in the animal kingdom to face down this powerful primeval threat!
    More Vixen and Dr. Mist? I'm HYPED hyped!! I hope this is the beginning of DC building up Vixen and their wider african landscape
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-13-2020 at 11:09 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'll take it since it's something but Vixen, Dr. Mist and Impala on a team to face down a god? YES! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Also, I've never seen Mari use an ostrich for speed.

TRUTH & JUSTICE #1
    cover by CHRISCROSS
    variant cover by ARTIST
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    DIGITAL FIRST
    Been waiting on this since we saw the look for the new outfit.

I really hope the writer get inventive with her powers and not the standard birds for flight and tiger for claws. I wanna see her go outside her comfort zone and do Gorilla Grodd or Krypto the Superdog.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-14-2020 at 10:24 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

it looks like they stealthily removed the crotch bird

One of the advantages of African diaspora characters over Sub-Saharan African characters is that a wider range of black people can identify with each of your black characters. A light skin black kid may not be able to imagine himself growing up to play Black Panther, but there's no reason he can't play say Mr. Terrific, who can be any shade associated with Sub-Saharan heritage. Counting people in is the name of the game. I don't see people complain about Blade (technically half-White in the original comics) being played by Wesley Snipes.
    That god awful recon happen way after the movies casting, has been pretty much ignored since it happen, was by a writer who had no idea about Blade history/powers/etc & is universally planed/disliked by most Blade fans. It was a terrible series from start to finished & more than likely will get reconned out when Blade gets mini or etc whenever his next movie or D+ series comes out. So that’s a awful example but overall I respect the point your trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Been waiting or this since we saw the look for the new outfit.

I really hope the writer get inventive with her powers and not the standard birds for flight and tiger for claws. I wanna see her go outside her comfort zone and Gorilla Grodd or Krypto the Superdog.
    Wonderful can’t wait for this..

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it looks like they stealthily removed the crotch bird
    Thats not the same costume this is her rebirth one

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Been waiting or this since we saw the look for the new outfit.

I really hope the writer get inventive with her powers and not the standard birds for flight and tiger for claws. I wanna see her go outside her comfort zone and Gorilla Grodd or Krypto the Superdog.
    Wait...can she take on the attributes of Fantasy/superpowered animals? Because if she could somehow take on the abilities of Krypto that is a serious game changer.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'll take it since it's something but Vixen, Dr. Mist and Impala on a team to face down a god? YES! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Also, I've never seen Mari use an ostrich for speed.
    Makes sense if she's going to need to run for more than 30 seconds at a stretch, she'd want to channel something other than a cheetah, since they aren't built for endurance.