TRUTH & JUSTICE #1
    written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    art by CHRISCROSS and JORDI TARRAGONA
    cover by CHRISCROSS
    variant cover by ARTIST
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    DIGITAL FIRST
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    Vixen takes center stage in the debut issue of this new team-up series! Mari McCabe is many things: superhero, model, activist, but can she add godkiller to the list? Vixen teams up with Dr. Mist and Impala of the Global Guardians to face down an ancient deity that’s taken over the body of a scientist investigating powerful magical artifacts. Vixen will need to dig deep and use all the abilities in the animal kingdom to face down this powerful primeval threat!
    does this mean she'll use mythical monsters?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait...can she take on the attributes of Fantasy/superpowered animals? Because if she could somehow take on the abilities of Krypto that is a serious game changer.
    She has taken fantasy animals attributes before.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    She has taken fantasy animals attributes before.
    I’m not sure adding fantasy creatures to her arsenal makes her more interesting. I’d rather see them focus on giving her a compelling rogue’s gallery and supporting cast. Those things seem to be more indicative of success then power level. Trust me there are enough real creatures with bizarre and op abilities that would make her plenty powerful. For example their are creatures out their that are technically immortal.

I’d rather see them focus on giving her a compelling rogue’s gallery and supporting cast.
    Agreed. And I've said the same for other heroes. I also want it to be her rogues' gallery, not just borrowing/drafting other people's villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Makes sense if she's going to need to run for more than 30 seconds at a stretch, she'd want to channel something other than a cheetah, since they aren't built for endurance.
    But she enhances the abilities of the animals she mimics, so she could probably have more endurance than normal cheetahs while running. But it is cool to see her mimicking an ostrich, since I don't think we've ever seen that until now.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Agreed. And I've said the same for other heroes. I also want it to be her rogues' gallery, not just borrowing/drafting other people's villains.
    you don't say....

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I’m not sure adding fantasy creatures to her arsenal makes her more interesting. I’d rather see them focus on giving her a compelling rogue’s gallery and supporting cast. Those things seem to be more indicative of success then power level. Trust me there are enough real creatures with bizarre and op abilities that would make her plenty powerful. For example their are creatures out their that are technically immortal.
    They gotta give her a solo book first. She can't get her own rogues gallery or supporting cast if she only exists in team books or rarely makes appearances in team books. But, overall I agree.

I don't really care too much about adding to her powers BUT I wish there were a concrete establishment on it because many writers still don't understand how her powers work which is what Monkey Spider establishes here:

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    But she enhances the abilities of the animals she mimics, so she could probably have more endurance than normal cheetahs while running. But it is cool to see her mimicking an ostrich, since I don't think we've ever seen that until now.
    Writers don't understand that she places the animals' abilities on a Superhuman scale.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Excited to see Dr. Mist and Vixen interact. Since magical artifacts are involved I wonder if we're gonna get New-52 connections when Dr. Mist was in charge of the Black Room for Argus.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Why would you hand over your creation to another company?

I rather be Todd Macfarlane, Erik Larson and Milestone OWNING my stuff than be Tony Isabella fuming about what is being done with my creation.

DC got enough folks collecting dust that could be used for Vixen.

Vixen is not getting a 100 issue solo run to build up villains that dominate a show like Batman and Superman's galleries do.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Thats not the same costume this is her rebirth one
    Yeah, I had to do a double-take when I looked at the cover and thought her costume was the same...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Black Panther got backlash for not casting someone African, it's not like there were never any controversies in the first place.

Just saying dark skin =/= African.
    Casting a lights skinned Ethiopian would cause backlash, so no it's not just about African heritage but skin tone

Always down for more Vixen. Definitely gonna check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Casting a lights skinned Ethiopian would cause backlash, so no it's not just about African heritage but skin tone
    Casting a lightskin Ethiopian would not cause backlash, especially when black panther has used Ethiopian culture before. If it did cause backlash that would reflect on people's ignorance.

Just to put it out there, I agree that Black Panther was important for representation of dark skin tones. But I don't feel like black kids identify with black superheroes according to skin color. If Dark skinned kids saw themselves through Obama, light skinned kids can see themselves in Vixen and Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I'm not sure showing her mimicking fantasy creatures has anything to do with making her more interesting... I feel that showing her mimicking them is just her using powers that are well within her wheelhouse, since she is an Animal Master and should be able to mimic all/any animals, extant, extinct, mythological, etc. etc. This is just what she does, just like Beast Boy and Animal Man. Plus the Tantu Totem has magical properties, which basically allows her to do whatever she wants with animals.

To me, that's like saying Hal Jordan or John Stewart phasing through a wall or teleporting doesn't make them more interesting... but apparently those things are within their wheelhouse because that's two of the things the Green Lantern rings allow them to do.

Vixen is an Animal Master, and I think it's rather limiting to the character to think that she should ONLY be allowed/able to mimic CERTAIN animals when the truth is she is connected to ALL animal life and can access ALL animal life. And if it was not for her wearing the Tantu Totem, which already restricts her FULL power levels so that they don't overwhelm her, I don't think limiting her to only non-mythical animals makes any logical sense, especially when there are tons more powerful superheroes running around in the DC Universe with seemingly limitless powersets/potential.

Yes, there are real life animals with "bizarre and OP abilities that would make her plenty powerful", but I don't think she should be restricted from mimicking extinct or mythological animals just because they aren't the real-life animals.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 11-14-2020 at 07:25 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi