Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Well damn! That's legit one of the best designs I've seen for Mari in awhile

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    What's wih you guys making Mari kinda thick. lol
    For mine, blame the designers of Injustice 2. Haha.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    What's wih you guys making Mari kinda thick. lol
    Nothing wrong with having a sickness for the thiccness, my dude.

I have always thought of Mari a bit more svelte (because she's a supermodel) and Jo kind of has the thicc body shape as one of her key visual distinctions (alongside that pompadour and her shades), but I dunno. I think Mari looks good either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Mari doesn't need all that other stuff.

She can access the abilities of any creature that currently exists or has ever existed in our terrestrial biosphere. And she can use them in combination.

She is plenty powerful enough to put any Kryptonian or New God on the deck, should she wish to. She can't match the Flash, speed-wise. She's not telepathic. Her powers require her to be conscious and to CHOOSE which abilities from which animals she's using. So she's not perfect or indestructible. But she is firmly in the Superman/Martian Manhunter power class. Dunno what these other writers have been doing with her but her original powerset is more than sufficient. Trust me.
    Huh. Never really thought of it quite like that. I always thought it was more like she shifted into a mode, so to speak, and she just kind of rocked that skillset until she shifted into another one, sometimes in rapid succession. That's pretty interesting. She really should get more play.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-15-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Nothing wrong with having a sickness for the thiccness, my dude.

I have always thought of Mari a bit more svelte (because she's a supermodel) and Jo kind of has the thicc body shape as one of her key visual distinctions (alongside that pompadour and her shades), but I dunno. I think Mari looks good either way.

Huh. Never really thought of it quite like that. I always thought it was more like she shifted into a mode, so to speak, and she just kind of rocked that skillset until she shifted into another one, sometimes in rapid succession. That's pretty interesting. She really should get more play.
    What makes her especially deadly is the magic behind her attacks. The totem's magic negates a lot of people's defense and gives her an almost unlimited power source to use in combat.

Also add in the power of the "Red", which can increase her power/abilities to an even greater level than the animal she mimicking.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 12-16-2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.