Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Hey Vixen lovers, here's a link to a petition asking DC Entertainment to give Mari her own ongoing monthly solo book: http://chng.it/FzjQWyZ4

Also, please share that petition link with as many other Vixen fans that you know who may not come to this site on a regular basis! Thanks!
    I would love to see a Vixen book but I would also settle for her on a team book.

Also, I know it's become an iconic look for Vixen but I'm sick of the short hair. Long hair would be a nice switch.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-09-2020 at 07:18 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would love to see a Vixen book but I would also settle for her on a team book.

Also, I know it's become an iconic look for Vixen but I'm sick of the short hair. Long hair would be a nice switch.
    I wouldn't mind it at all if Vixen changed it up for a bit with long hair. Her animated "series" made her long hair look weird, though, in that end scene and even in that cameo she had in "The Ray." Maybe because I'm used to seeing her with short hair...

Yeah, ideally, Vixen would have her own solo book and be on the Big 7 roster of the flagship Justice League book, which won't get cancelled.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Would you all say that Vixen is DC's most "high-profile" Black female hero? I've had others state that it's Bumblebee while others stated that it should be one of Black Lightning's daughters due to the CW show.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Would you all say that Vixen is DC's most "high-profile" Black female hero? I've had others state that it's Bumblebee while others stated that it should be one of Black Lightning's daughters due to the CW show.
    Bumblebee is less threatening to wonder woman

Here my problem with Bumblebee and Vixen, as the two premier black females in DC, they're rarely used and when they are it's to show representation.

As far as popularity, I would put Vixen way ahead of Bumblebee, mostly because of the JLU, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Vixen's cartoon and her being on a more popular team.

Black Lightning's daughters are cool but neither one is popular enough to compete with Vixen.

Just imagine if Vixen combined and mimicked the abilities of Godzilla and Cthulhu one day because the Legion of Doom made her mad:

Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-27-2020 at 09:35 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Just imagine if Vixen combined and mimicked the abilities of Godzilla and Cthulhu one day because the Legion of Doom made her mad:

Vixen does have an impressive healing factor and shoot lightning.

I don't think DC has any black female character that could honestly be described as "high-profile", hell they barely have any black character or female characters that could genuinely be considered high profile. They have characters like Amanda Waller and Vixen who appear regularly in things but Waller is a support character and not a superhero nor even a hero. while Vixen has appeared in 600+ comic book issues, majority of those are just panel-filler, maybe 6 of them are in her own titles, i'm guessing maybe 15-20 of them are stories focused on her, the rest are miscellaneous team duty; not exactly how a company treats a "high-profile" property. That's not even a knock on Vixen, she's an intriguing and recognizable character, and there are more than enough readers who want (or at least say they do) that character to be done justice in a high profile capacity, it's more a knock on DC that they're most recognizable heroes of color aren't given the high-profile treatment.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't think DC has any black female character that could honestly be described as "high-profile", hell they barely have any black character or female characters that could genuinely be considered high profile. They have characters like Amanda Waller and Vixen who appear regularly in things but Waller is a support character and not a superhero nor even a hero. while Vixen has appeared in 600+ comic book issues, majority of those are just panel-filler, maybe 6 of them are in her own titles, i'm guessing maybe 15-20 of them are stories focused on her, the rest are miscellaneous team duty; not exactly how a company treats a "high-profile" property. That's not even a knock on Vixen, she's an intriguing and recognizable character, and there are more than enough readers who want (or at least say they do) that character to be done justice in a high profile capacity, it's more a knock on DC that they're most recognizable heroes of color aren't given the high-profile treatment.
    Bumblebee's been pretty front-and-center in media.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    has see? like really, has she really been all that front-and-center? she isn't as front-facing as Vixen in her appearances, her variety of appearances aren't as diverse as Vixen (Live Action adaptation, larger scale stories, Videos games, etc.), and she's always had more of a supporting role than Vixen has. As far as i can remember her biggest roles in other media has been the DC Super Hero Girls show and a couple episodes of Teen Titans, and even then she's part of an ensemble; she has all the same issues Vixen has but even more off to the side, and increasingly more peripheral as time goes on.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-28-2020 at 02:32 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    has see? like really, has she really been all that front-and-center? she isn't as front-facing as Vixen in her appearances, her variety of appearances aren't as diverse as Vixen (******Action, larger scale stories, Videos games, etc.), and she's always had more of a supporting role than Vixen has. As far as i can remember her biggest roles in other media has been the DC Super Hero Girls show and a couple episodes of Teen Titans, and even then she's part of an ensemble; she has all the same issues Vixen has but even more off to the side, and increasingly more peripheral as time goes on.
    I mean, she's been more of an ensemble character, but I think in a fairly prominent way, especially with how popular the media she's appeared in have been (YJ, the original Teen Titans, TTG!, both DCSHG, etc.).

I wonder why Vixen is not a regular part of the "superhero girls" cartoons. Curious.

I mean, she's been more of an ensemble character, but I think in a fairly prominent way, especially with how popular the media she's appeared in have been (YJ, the original Teen Titans, TTG!, both DCSHG, etc.).
    I think it's because Bumblebee was created as an ensemble character whereas Vixen wasn't. So, like Marvel's Storm (who was also created as an ensemble character) Bumblebee always is used as one (again, just like Storm who despite playing some big roles at times is always part of an ensemble cast or joined to the hip of another character like Black Panther for example)
    Last edited by docmidnite; 03-28-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder why Vixen is not a regular part of the "superhero girls" cartoons. Curious.
    She was in the original as a civilian character, but they never went anywhere with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I think it's because Bumblebee was created as an ensemble character whereas Vixen wasn't. So, like Marvel's Storm (who was also created as ensemble character) Bumblebee always is used as one (again, just like Storm who despite playing some big roles at times is always part of an ensemble cast or joined to the hip of another character like Black Panther for example)
    I think that could be a factor.

Let Bumblebee be featured as a player character in video games and have more then a guest shot on a Tv series before we even start comparing her to Vixen in popularity.