Page 35 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    There was a story going around that the first year of Perez's run on WW (or the first major arc) was supposed to be like a year one, and then move to "now" . That would have meant Diana made her debut earlier, with Bats and Kal, and wouldn't have messed up Donna. But the ptb liked the idea of WW arriving later and having her be a fish out of water....so that idea stuck.

Whether or notnthat story was true, I'm not sure. But rebooting Diana wouldn't have had to mess with Donna, at least not too much, if things had happened that way.
    That's possible, but i never saw Perez state that explicitly in any of the interviews he's given. I think it was a huge mistake -- same with Hawkworld. This is a failure on editorial's part -- going up as far as publisher's fault. If you want to feature a character learning the ropes -- then keep that book separate from continuity (something editorial would never allow).

Apparently issue 12 of the current Teen Titans series is selling for $100, because it's the debut of Batman Who Laughs.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/25-h...n-your-future/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My Titans re-read continues:

Finished the last of New Titans. While acknowledging the dip in quality in the years after Perez left (and even with his return for The Who Is Wonder Girl? arc), I was still digging the stories up through Titans Hunt. But everything after that....... yikes. #100-130 was basically unreadable. I actually remember reading some of this stuff way back when, because I was huge Kyle Rayner fan in the 90s and I followed him over to the tail end of New Titans. But these books were bad. Really, really bad. Poor Raven. Poor Gar. Poor Vic. Hell, poor Roy for having to wear that costume.

Next, I finally, after 25 years, read the Jurgens Teen Titans next. I remember Argent from the Devin Grayson Titans series, but this is my first real experience with these characters. It was... OK? It seemed harmless, and very inconsequential. My favorite parts were the issues that featured the regular Titans, which probably isn’t a coincidence. I didn’t hate it or anything, but I just failed to really get into it. I also read through the 24 issues in about three days, so maybe that didn’t help.

Read Young Justice next, since that and Grayson’s Titans flows into Graduate Day, which flows into Johns’ Teen Titans (and the Outsiders book). I won’t say much here because it’s only loosely tied into Titans lore, but — not PAD’s best work.

JLA vs Titans next, then Grayson’s Titans.

Astonishing Member

Jurgen's new, New Titans weren't very interesting, with the exception of Prism, I think was her name. What made her interesting is that she was raised in a virtual reality that consisted of classic TV characters. So, anyone who was on a TV show could have been part of her virtual world. I don't think the concept was ever fully explored, but it had potential. The rest of the team was very generic and boring. Oh, they had Lilith -- but she was acting like a Raven ripoff, and could have been handled better than she was.

Astonishing Member

Eh. Raven ripped off Lilith's role on the team first. Lilith becoming edgier was more a 90s thing than a Raven thing.

Amazing Member

Speaking of titans, what´s going on with garth and roy, are they still dead/missing?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lgcruz View Post
    Speaking of titans, what´s going on with garth and roy, are they still dead/missing?
    Roy will be revived with a Black Lantern Ring by Batman to join the final battle of Death Metal, until then he will remain dead

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    My Titans re-read continues:

Finished the last of New Titans. While acknowledging the dip in quality in the years after Perez left (and even with his return for The Who Is Wonder Girl? arc), I was still digging the stories up through Titans Hunt. But everything after that....... yikes. #100-130 was basically unreadable. I actually remember reading some of this stuff way back when, because I was huge Kyle Rayner fan in the 90s and I followed him over to the tail end of New Titans. But these books were bad. Really, really bad. Poor Raven. Poor Gar. Poor Vic. Hell, poor Roy for having to wear that costume.

Next, I finally, after 25 years, read the Jurgens Teen Titans next. I remember Argent from the Devin Grayson Titans series, but this is my first real experience with these characters. It was... OK? It seemed harmless, and very inconsequential. My favorite parts were the issues that featured the regular Titans, which probably isn’t a coincidence. I didn’t hate it or anything, but I just failed to really get into it. I also read through the 24 issues in about three days, so maybe that didn’t help.

Read Young Justice next, since that and Grayson’s Titans flows into Graduate Day, which flows into Johns’ Teen Titans (and the Outsiders book). I won’t say much here because it’s only loosely tied into Titans lore, but — not PAD’s best work.

JLA vs Titans next, then Grayson’s Titans.
    Nice! I still haven't finished Wolfman's run as of yet. I think I'm at the end of New Teen Titans volume 2. Not in a hurry to finish it because I feel like Wolfman had a good conclusion in issue #39. So far, the one-shot storylines after were meh but I did like the Phobia and Raven one a lot.

I have not read Grayson's run but I did enjoy The Technis Imperative storyline.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Eh. Raven ripped off Lilith's role on the team first. Lilith becoming edgier was more a 90s thing than a Raven thing.
    I kind of wonder, in a 'What If?' sort of sense, how things would be different if the Wolfman/Perez relaunch hadn't introduced new characters Cyborg, Raven and Starfire, and had instead used Mal Duncan as Cyborg (after an accident involving the Vox horn blowing up or something), Lilith Clay in the Raven role (retconning whatever background story Lilith had originally to work in the Trigon elements) and Bumblebee (not at all a good expy for Starfire, but whatever, it wasn't meant as a 1-for-1 cut-and-swap).

I don't even remember Lilith's origin story, so backfitting the Trigon bits into why she's a sensitive in the first place, should be do-able, and Mal had already gone through so many changes that making him Cyborg (with his 'sonic cannon' being reworked from the surviving chassis of the Hornblower horn, now just a sonic weapon and not a whatever-the-****-it-did McGuffin).

Really, the only part that would feel lost is the Starfire/Tamaran elements, and those could probably have been worked in some other way.

Lilith could probably benefit from being in one of DC's magic teams or be put in a supernatural miniseries.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Lilith could probably benefit from being in one of DC's magic teams or be put in a supernatural miniseries.
    She's not magical anymore though I believe.

Astonishing Member

Lilith should be DC universe top superhero psychiatrist/ psychologist helping all sorts of characters deal with their issues and hopefully put them on the path to being a better person.

Marvel had Doc Samson( not sure if he's still around) at one point, but DC never had a character to fill that role. Their most famous shrinks are Harley and Hugo Strange, examples of what a shrink should NEVER be.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Lilith should be DC universe top superhero psychiatrist/ psychologist helping all sorts of characters deal with their issues and hopefully put them on the path to being a better person.

Marvel had Doc Samson( not sure if he's still around) at one point, but DC never had a character to fill that role. Their most famous shrinks are Harley and Hugo Strange, examples of what a shrink should NEVER be.
    Does she have any actual training in psychiatry or psychology? If not, she has no business playing therapist to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    but I did enjoy The Technis Imperative storyline.
    Me too. Even though I wasn't there since the beginning, I enjoyed both the nostalgia & subtle hints to the past.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-27-2020 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Astonishing Member

Does she have any actual training in psychiatry or psychology? If not, she has no business playing therapist to other people.
    She was a licensed psychiatrist in the last Titans run she appeared in.