Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My Top 3:

1980 - Wolfman/Perez

1990 - Devin Grayson

2000 - Wallace/Fiorentino
    2011? That last one isn't from the 2000s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    2011? That last one isn't from the 2000s.
    Oops! Thanks for the heads up. Already made the necessary corrections.

Yeah, that last one was just shortly before the DC Universe was wiped out for New52.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 04-28-2020 at 04:08 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

My Top 3 favorite artists for...

The Teen Titans

1. George Perez

2. Tom Grummett

3. Scott McDaniel

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-06-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Discowing for the win .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    What is everyone's favorite Titans run? I really like the Wolfman/Perez run, but my favorite is the Johns run. Some of my favorite DC characters (Tim, Cassie, Conner, Bart) were in that book and it was brilliantly written by Johns with really cool artists.
    I liked, but didn't love Johns run. Making Brother Blood the son of the original was not a great decision. I understand why he did it, but it didn't work for me. Also, Conner Kent was basically a completely different character than how how was portrayed in Reign of Superman. He went from edgy city slicker to country bumpkin -- too huge of a change. That black t-shirt and jeans choice for uniform also didn't sit well with me.

I have a great appreciation for the classic Teen Titans run -- more so from concept and artwork than the stories. That series had some really great artwork by Nick Cardy which made even the worst stories bearable. Also liked the addition of Lilith -- even though modern writers seem to have problems making her a viable character.

Looking back at the Wolfman/Perez run -- it had its share of problems as well -- ignoring many of the previous members for years, some silly villains, and a membership that eventually became boring because it didn't change. I guess Jericho has his fans, but I think we would all have been better had he been the character created to die over Terra. I know he was a favorite of Perez, but he was a visual disaster whereas Terra -- especially when using her powers -- was a visual delight. I wish, though, that Wolfman would have switched things up a bit over the years. By the time he did, it was too late -- and without Perez to help him -- he sailed the ship into stormy waters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I liked, but didn't love Johns run. Making Brother Blood the son of the original was not a great decision. I understand why he did it, but it didn't work for me. Also, Conner Kent was basically a completely different character than how how was portrayed in Reign of Superman. He went from edgy city slicker to country bumpkin -- too huge of a change. That black t-shirt and jeans choice for uniform also didn't sit well with me.

I have a great appreciation for the classic Teen Titans run -- more so from concept and artwork than the stories. That series had some really great artwork by Nick Cardy which made even the worst stories bearable. Also liked the addition of Lilith -- even though modern writers seem to have problems making her a viable character.

Looking back at the Wolfman/Perez run -- it had its share of problems as well -- ignoring many of the previous members for years, some silly villains, and a membership that eventually became boring because it didn't change. I guess Jericho has his fans, but I think we would all have been better had he been the character created to die over Terra. I know he was a favorite of Perez, but he was a visual disaster whereas Terra -- especially when using her powers -- was a visual delight. I wish, though, that Wolfman would have switched things up a bit over the years. By the time he did, it was too late -- and without Perez to help him -- he sailed the ship into stormy waters.
    Funny-I LOVED Johns Run...
    We can discuss over the outfit, which is to simplistic for me and I wish he would have taken on an outfit like BRUTAAL of Earth 2 (WITHOUT Cape, but with leather Jacket). Conner Kent was before sometimes a clown, which I hated, for example as he was around Cassandra Cain etc.
    In TT he became more mature, I LOVED his relationship with Cassie and I liked that he became stronger and more powerful...

The Titan that never came to be Split. He appeared in the DC versus Marvel cards as a member of the Titans versing the X-Men but later appeared as a villain in John Henry Irons series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Discowing for the win .
    What's funny is that the style was very popular with martial arts type characters in the '80s.
    Of course, there's Nightwing and Iron Fist, but there was also Demon over in Justice Machine.
    I never made the connection with disco, myself, because I didn't get to see the extreme fashions of the disco era until much later when the internet came along.
    I just thought it was a typical martial artist 'look'.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post

I think Jericho worked best as a hero/non-traitor because it would've been too obvious if he was the traitor (and a bit cliche). However, I do think he should've taken a leave of absence long enough for Wolfman to think up a way to make him more interesting.

Terra worked best as the traitor. Especially considering Wolfman was playing on fan expectations, with Kitty Pryde as a guide.

I think where things could've gone differently, would've been to not kill Kole (another visually stunning character), and instead have Jericho killed or maybe trapping him in someone else's body permanently.

And Danny Chase would've never been a member in my reality. A guest star, maybe. A recurring character or supporting cast, maybe.

Frances Kane would've had a better name than Magenta. I know it was supposed to be a play on words that hinted at Magneta (in reference to Magneto), but it just didn't work for me. Neither did her costume.
    If anyone should've died in place of Kole, I'd probably go with her. It would've been a mercy killing.
    And she could've come back later as a powerful villain or something.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    The Titan that never came to be Split. He appeared in the DC versus Marvel cards as a member of the Titans versing the X-Men but later appeared as a villain in John Henry Irons series.
    This picture is nice, however I dont understand why Impulse is there:

1. He should be Kid Flash or?
    2. Where are Cassie,Conner,Tim etc.?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    This picture is nice, however I dont understand why Impulse is there:

1. He should be Kid Flash or?
    2. Where are Cassie,Conner,Tim etc.?
    Bart as Impulse was a member of The New Titans quite soon after he was created towards the end of Wolfman's run.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Aquaman #3 digital first came out yesterday featuring Tempest in it.

I like his look but they didnt portray him in a very good light for most if it so I'm kinda disappointed.

RCO001_1588865084.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Aquaman #3 digital first came out yesterday featuring Tempest in it.

I like his look but they didnt portray him in a very good light for most if it so I'm kinda disappointed.

RCO001_1588865084.jpg
    That's disappointing to hear .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

So apparently DC Universe tv is considering spinning some characters off into solo adventures. I could see them giving Anna Diop's Starfire a run. Obviously Nightwing. Possibly Jason Todd. I would love to see Donna Troy get more attention as they do her far more justice than the comics do.