Page 1 of 66 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Titans Appreciation 2020

Discuss all versions of the Titans here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Will miss Adam Glass run but also feel it ran it's course.

Hopefully Djinn, Crush and Roundhouse will stick around, less so the duck-lips.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

I think having gon on for about 20+ issues was fair, and never felt like it dragged on. But a new artist is drawing the final story arc so you won't have to worry about the lips.. hopefully.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

That's an odd combination of characters. In Crisis on Infinite Earths, Kole, Aquagirl, and Dove died. Terra was already dead before then. Wally is already the Flash, which happened at the end of the Crisis, and Raven's white costume also debuted after the Crisis. That combination never existed all at the same time, in other words.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I guess it's supposed to be a representation of the late 80's era.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Actually, I think it's every Titan ever as of 1986 (as far as I can tell, the only one missing is the Jason Todd Robin). Bumblebee and Mal Duncan were retired, and their only NTT appearance at that point had been at Donna's wedding, so it seems odd that Karen is in costume. It must be referring to the pre NTT Titans too, hence why the "The New Teen" part of the logo is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

In the end, I've enjoyed Glass' run enough to keep tuning in out of more than just my obligation to read Damian books. It is a well written run but...as a lifelong Titans fan, it isn't at all what I want from a TT book. Like....there hasn't been a single time I've seen these guys and thought "Oh yeah. These are the Teen Titans".

So I'm glad it got a good run but I'm ready for it to end. I know Glass is trying but I still really dislike Roudhouse and Wallace (he at least got me to start liking Emiko. Even if I still think, as a character, she was just a way for Green Arrow to have his own Damian AND Cassandra Cain). So I'm really hoping Djinn and Crush are the only newbies we see again after this.

As for the Titans' future after this run...I'm just looking for a really good return to form. Something that takes the team forward but still celebrates their past (their past that, for some reason, DC goes back and forth on whether or not they wanna acknowledge). I know it was't exactly beloved by most, but I don't we've had a truly great Teen Titans run since Geoff Johns. I loved it. It paved the way for the new generation while still keeping the older ones relevant by putting them in a mentor role (It also gave me one of my favorite Starfire moments ever, when she and Diana fought over Cassie XD). That's the kind of stuff I wanna see again. A nice mix of old and new. It felt like Percy's run was trying to do that and while I didn't hate it...I don't think he was the right guy for the job.

Titans Together! Happy New Year to the greatest Teen Superhero Team .

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    In the end, I've enjoyed Glass' run enough to keep tuning in out of more than just my obligation to read Damian books. It is a well written run but...as a lifelong Titans fan, it isn't at all what I want from a TT book. Like....there hasn't been a single time I've seen these guys and thought "Oh yeah. These are the Teen Titans".

So I'm glad it got a good run but I'm ready for it to end. I know Glass is trying but I still really dislike Roudhouse and Wallace (he at least got me to start liking Emiko. Even if I still think, as a character, she was just a way for Green Arrow to have his own Damian AND Cassandra Cain). So I'm really hoping Djinn and Crush are the only newbies we see again after this.

As for the Titans' future after this run...I'm just looking for a really good return to form. Something that takes the team forward but still celebrates their past (their past that, for some reason, DC goes back and forth on whether or not they wanna acknowledge). I know it was't exactly beloved by most, but I don't we've had a truly great Teen Titans run since Geoff Johns. I loved it. It paved the way for the new generation while still keeping the older ones relevant by putting them in a mentor role (It also gave me one of my favorite Starfire moments ever, when she and Diana fought over Cassie XD). That's the kind of stuff I wanna see again. A nice mix of old and new. It felt like Percy's run was trying to do that and while I didn't hate it...I don't think he was the right guy for the job.
    I really don't think we need a return to the Frankstein-creation that was Rebirth Teen Titans, I think mish-mashing generations is a mistake as it usually ends up pleasing no one or doing either side any real justice as the focus is split.

I read Geoffs Johns Teen Titans first but it was only after I read Peter David Young Justice and Marv Wolfman Teen Titans that these characters truly clicked with me and I grew to appreciate them as a team.

Watch Beast Boy and Raven still be on 5G!Titans .

The idea of generations has become rather confining IMO. Just make the best team you can, with the strongest characters you can.

Too many Titans teams have only one or two characters that draw or can sustain, and then a bunch of characters that don’t. And because Titans is the only platform some of those characters have, those characters end up eating all the focus and development because they need the most work. It becomes a counterproductive environment.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-01-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Watch Beast Boy and Raven still be on 5G!Titans .
    They'd work as mentors assuming they worked out all their issues.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    They'd work as mentors assuming they worked out all their issues.
    Well, at least that would imply an age-up .