Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

She should look that good, considering that Donna is Diana's doppelganger.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lgcruz View Post
    As for justification, donna has perhaps better reasons than most considering she had to take over the titans (who were away from earth most of the time) and was turned into deathbringer by the batman who laughs until recently.
    Moreover, she should actually still be Deathbringer at this point, no? She doesn't get changed back until after Bruce has headed off with the JL to fail at beating Perpetua, and they don't get back until Death Metal has actually begun.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Speaking of Donna, we'll finally have their reunion next week in Nightwing #75. I missed this two together so much.

You know I was actually with the scene and the art until I saw what they're actually saying and Dick is still... "I'm still not really Nightwing..." omigosh... they're still dragging this.

A sea turtle could've crawl out of the ocean, dig for a nest in the sand, leave, the eggs hatched, and the kids crawl into the ocean, and Dick will still questioning his memory.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Moreover, she should actually still be Deathbringer at this point, no? She doesn't get changed back until after Bruce has headed off with the JL to fail at beating Perpetua, and they don't get back until Death Metal has actually begun.
    Probably, but we know they're all writing these separately so they don't have to think too hard, so I won't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's also a photo of a roster that never existed. It should either include Speedy and Aqualad, or Raven and Starfire, not both pairs. Also, Cyborg is missing.
    It's in-line with the suggestion dropped by Starfire in Justice League the other week that Roy was on the team when she joined. Basically saying that she joined (along with the absent Cyborg.) into a pre-NTT lineup - i.e., insinuating that the Titans Hunt lineup & the NTT lineup blended into each other (and back again?) rather than the big gap between the "Fab Five" and NTT lineups from original continuity.

The more curious thing in some ways is the Silver Age costumes for Dick & Roy. (Also, the characterisation for Tempest is a lot more pre-Flashpoint Garth than Abnett's Garth)
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 10-18-2020 at 01:04 PM.

My Titans read-through continues:

Teen Titans (2003) #1-100. I had read the first 50 issues of this previously, but not since it had been released as singles. The Johns stuff was just as I remembered it: breezy, kinda fun, a bit disjointed (in an era where I loved his Flash, JSA, and GL, this was by far his weakest mid-00s work, IMO). Still, it was a welcome reprieve from Young Justice, which really limped to the finish line. The McKeever stuff that came after Johns was alright — the Henderson stuff that came after that was brutal — but the Krul run at the end was fine. Poor, poor Jericho. I don’t know if he actually came back in this series or he was brought back elsewhere, but that was a resurrection that didn’t need to happen.

Outsiders 1-50 (2003). I had never read this, and nearly didn’t until I read Graduation Day and thought I should to follow Dick, Roy, and later Kory. I kind of liked it until the One Year Later stuff, which was REALLY jarring for this book in particular. How is this run remembered? I don’t hear much about it, but perhaps I just haven’t been looking for it.

Titans 1-38 (2008). Another Winick book I had never read. I had scaled back on comics around this time, only really keeping up with a few titles, and this most certainly did not make the cut at the time... and I have to say this was nowhere near as fun as his Outsiders series. In fairness I suppose he only did 10 issues, but I can’t say I was impressed by the “sons of Trigon” story. He left and then a rotating creative team came on for one-issue spotlights on the various Titans, which was actually better than the Winick stuff. Then the book went in a totally different direction where Slade formed his own team of Titans with the ultimate goal of reviving his son Jericho (sigh). It was... ok.

Bonus! As I said, I really stepped away from the comic game around 2007/08, and one of the books I most certainly didn’t buy, and stayed away from ever since because of the overwhelmingly bad pub... was Cry For Justice. But, since what happens to Roy in it plays a pretty big role later in Titans, I decided to give it a go. And yeah, it was trash. I am dumbfounded that James Robinson, who wrote two of my favorite things of all time (Starman and The Golden Age) penned that. Yeesh.

Now onto the New 52 Teen Titans. I skipped this when it hit shelves and I’ve really only heard bad things, but I’ve come this far so I may as well work my way to the present. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of wondering what that Starfire costume looks like...never expected to see Kori with gold.

Looks like they're still dealing with Deathstroke.
    Looks like this costume design by Stjepan Sejic
    http://exploringthetimelab.blogspot....pan-sejic.html

Astonishing Member

titans.jpg
    From Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe. Joshua Williamson is writing Titans story.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    titans.jpg
    From Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe. Joshua Williamson is writing Titans story.
    I really feel like Williamson is going to be next major Titans writer.

Astonishing Member

Most likely. His current JL tie-in to Death Metal is also pretty Titans-oriented, and he writing this. Maybe he's writing that Titans Academy thing, which will be teased in Future State.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really feel like Williamson is going to be next major Titans writer.
    I say let him, I think he’s done some great work at dc, yes his flash run but also stuff like Batman/Superman, where I think he could bring a lot to this team.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I guess DC owe him a team book after what happened to JLO .

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    titans.jpg
    Hmm, Fearsome Five but no Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Isn't that her next to Beast Boy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Fearsome Five are missing Psimon and Jinx.

I just noticed Terra is there.