Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I'd take Terra getting a push as an antihero over Harley's current push.
Terra would be a perfect character to join something like Jason Todd's Outlaws in a redemptive role. She should be written as a tragic figure instead of explicitly being called an outright psychopath and ultimately being victim shamed because Deathstroke sexually assaulted her and the writer didn't have the knowledge to actually portray that properly. Honestly, Terra is just a victim of bad writing overall that has plagued her in the comics since her inception; the very idea of introducing a character and writing them so convincingly as at least trying to be heroic and then throwing and out of nowhere 180 heel turn without even so much as hinting at it is just... Bad writing. Terra's character is probably about where you can see the quality in NTT starting to go downhill, from a behind the scenes perspective, and she's also the perfect example of a character that has been written and done much better in outside media than the majority of the comics themselves.

The most iconic version of Terra is the one from the Teen Titans cartoon, even with the comics version taken into account. There she's played as a victim that is being used by Slade to infiltrate the Teen Titans because he has power over her, and then that's a trope that's for the most part repeated in the Judas Contract version. He finds her as a young girl and grooms her to infiltrate the Teen Titans, which she does and she does well because he has made her believe that he is in love with her and that he's the only one that can and ever will love her. It, of course, backfires and she sacrifices herself to save the Teen Titans when she realizes that she made the wrong decision. I think that's probably the best way to take the character's backstory. A part of her and Geo-Force's powers is supposed to be that the Earth resurrects them naturally when they've died, so have her be alive that way - like she is in current continuity, my feelings about how Priest betrayed her aside - and have her going around working as a mercenary or something and trying to live with what she was forced to do and what happened to her.

Have her run into and join a team like the Outlaws, the Outsiders, or even have her end up as a genuinely repentant member of the Suicide Squad, and then maybe have it lead to her returning to active duty on the Titans or another team on a consistent and permanent basis. Don't have her lose that edge that she has, but she shouldn't be a complete and total, all out psychopathic villain. Especially not when most writers struggle to write Slade (who - let's review - has manipulated and drugged MULTIPLE girls including his own daughter after manipulating Terra ) as worse.