Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's the Death that is Life. It sent Batman careening through time and saved Cruz after having killed her. But only because Darkseid had shattered her depleted power ring by stomping on it, embedding it into Jess's bones. Right now, she can't produce constructs but can blast the Omega energy. But for how long is anyone's guess.
    I thought it's called Death That is Life because it can track you anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know it isn't everyone's favorite, but I really liked this era and happy to see it represented .
    It's most definitely mine, it's what got me started in comic books.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's the Death that is Life. It sent Batman careening through time, and saved Cruz after having killed her. But only because Darkseid had shattered her depleted power ring by stomping on it, embedding it into Jess' bones. Right now, she can't produce constructs but can blast the Omega energy. But for how long is anyone's guess.
    Not much longer. I think they'll use Epoch to wind back the clock, freeing Jean-Paul, Kori and Victor and restoring Jessica's Green Lantern powers. I'd be surprised if the book isn't over by September.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How was Blackfire portrayed throughout Justice League Odyssey? She is one of my favorite DC villains and I was thinking of picking up the issues she appears in.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    How was Blackfire portrayed throughout Justice League Odyssey? She is one of my favorite DC villains and I was thinking of picking up the issues she appears in.
    She's basically been portrayed as an anti-hero; she's a queen trying to fight for her people and get back to them, all the while working alongside the [new] Odyssey team. It's honestly probably the best that Kom has been written in at least a very long time, if not ever.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'd say she's more of an anti-villain character than an anti-hero. Blackfire's a little to ruthless and ready to do anything to preserve Tamaran (even helping Darkseid) to fully be an anti-hero. However, what I like is that the Odyssey does work with her New 52 retcon where she isn't irredeemably evil. She does love Starfire but being the Queen of Tamaran takes precedence over everything else.

Also I think the first time the comic version has done what the cartoons did and given her a dark mimic of Starfire's costume.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Why did the Titans quit the Justice League prior to the New 52 reboot?

They didn't. Several Titans were active Leaguers when Flashpoint happened. But if you mean how it would play out if all the continuity was combined, well, Dick no longer being Batman would mean that Bruce takes over for him. Diana returns, so Donna leaves. The only other Titan on the JLA was Jesse Quick, who got trapped in the Speed Force. The other remaining team members in the final issue were Jade, Starman (both normally associated with Jesse's other team, the JSA), Congorilla, and Supergirl.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Justice_L...erica_Vol_2_60
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-23-2020 at 04:45 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They didn't. Several Titans were active Leaguers when Flashpoint happened. But if you mean how it would play out if all the continuity was combined, well, Dick no longer being Batman would mean that Bruce takes over for him. Diana returns, so Donna leaves. The only other Titan on the JLA was Jesse Quick, who got trapped in the Speed Force. The other remaining team members in the final issue were Jade, Starman (both normally associated with Jesse's other team, the JSA), Congorilla, and Supergirl.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Justice_L...erica_Vol_2_60
    Would they quit if the classic JLA wants in or would they form a... League? With members more than the current standard of five or six?

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Ah, the good 'ol days...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Ah, the good 'ol days...
    To the utmost, I agree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Why did the Titans quit the Justice League prior to the New 52 reboot?
    There is no reason given. They were smashed by editorial like always. Wally was kicked off with Barry's return, Dick with Bruce's. Wally even got kicked off the Titans with the bullshit excuse being the kids. Despite them appearing in no other comics.
    Last edited by Dred; 03-23-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Wally wasn't kicked off the Titans, they disbanded and Deathstroke took over the book.