Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This one always cracks me up, Dick looks like such a creep lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This one always cracks me up, Dick looks like such a creep lol.
    Not a creep. Just a hit with the ladies .

Yeah, bear in mind, Donna and Dick were a potential couple back then - this being pre-New Teen Titans where Terry Long and Starfire debuted. The other girl, Bat-Girl, is now called Flamebird. No prizes for guessing why she picked that name, considering that change only happened post-Crisis (which I think is odd, considering Babs existed in the late 60s, which should've prompted a name change for the 1950s Bat-Girl) and therefore after Dick's own name change.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So, Djinn Wars seems to be off to a great start.

spoilers:
    Elias is suitably creepy and incredibly powerful, and the arrival of Jakeem Thunder is really cool here. And he's also hinting at a deal between him and Robin, probably when Damian retrieved the wand he used to defeat Gotham-Girl in Batman, I guess. Which is bound to be used later in the run - my personal theory is that Damian should be the one remaining in Hell/Purgatory because he sold his soul to Elias, but that Djinn will sacrifice herself to send him back. Which will probably be the final straw for our poor boy, just before Batman telling him to stop being Robin.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, Djinn Wars seems to be off to a great start.

spoilers:
    Elias is suitably creepy and incredibly powerful, and the arrival of Jakeem Thunder is really cool here. And he's also hinting at a deal between him and Robin, probably when Damian retrieved the wand he used to defeat Gotham-Girl in Batman, I guess. Which is bound to be used later in the run - my personal theory is that Damian should be the one remaining in Hell/Purgatory because he sold his soul to Elias, but that Djinn will sacrifice herself to send him back. Which will probably be the final straw for our poor boy, just before Batman telling him to stop being Robin.
    end of spoilers
    I was really surprised at the appearance of you know who. Has that even been teased before today?

Not that I know off. Which is actually great, surprises like that are always welcome ! I also guess he won't be a one trick pony kind of addition, which is cool.

I wonder if that's a permanent new team member? Would explain that gap on May's cover, since his being there would've spoiled the surprise.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    How does that weird sibling thing with Elias work if the Genie Jakeem is using is actually the spirit of Johnny Thunder the original JSA user, the old man from Doomsday Clock if you don't remember, merged with the initial genie or however that worked?
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I was really surprised at the appearance of you know who. Has that even been teased before today?
    I guess this means the book is officially post-Doomsday Clock more or less.

Wow. The usual Roundhouse cringe aside, today's issue was actually pretty good.

spoilers:
    This is my first time reading anything with Jakeem Thunder in it and he's made a great first impression on me. Let's trade Wallace or Billy out for him XD.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    How does that weird sibling thing with Elias work if the Genie Jakeem is using is actually the spirit of Johnny Thunder the original JSA user, the old man from Doomsday Clock if you don't remember, merged with the initial genie or however that worked?
    end of spoilers
    I have no idea. I'm not too fond of linking Jakeem's genie to Elias.

Another development happened today which finally makes the abandoned 2011 Teen Titans plan viable again. Wally West's kids are back. That means Impulse II, who was meant to be on the new team before New 52 forced a change of plans, is available again. I wonder if she'd be a 5G era Teen Titan - as Kid Flash if Doomsday Clock is accurate? It means Wallace may be due a rebrand.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

The lastest issue of T.T. was, okay. I got a mafia boss vibe with Elias human form. The tone definitely was different with the new co artist and why I think if Glass wanted to write his own mini Suicide Squad team than he should've done so with separate characters under a different title. Otherwise you're not going to make anyone who's read this book believe they're a family which is total bs. Cool to see Jakeem again, and that piece of dialogue at the end with Crush was just not needed and why she annoys me the most personally. Her best character moments are when she's interacting with, Lobo, but when it comes to Djinn and the rest of the squad, her writing is terrible. Characters like Emiko, and Wallace deserve better writing and moments. This run has done nothing for them.
    Last edited by Grandmaster_J; 02-21-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Another development happened today which finally makes the abandoned 2011 Teen Titans plan viable again. Wally West's kids are back. That means Impulse II, who was meant to be on the new team before New 52 forced a change of plans, is available again. I wonder if she'd be a 5G era Teen Titan - as Kid Flash if Doomsday Clock is accurate? It means Wallace may be due a rebrand.
    Back as in back in present earth or back only in FlashForward?

Back on present day Earth.