Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 279
  1. #151
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This one always cracks me up, Dick looks like such a creep lol.

  2. #152
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    This one always cracks me up, Dick looks like such a creep lol.
    Not a creep. Just a hit with the ladies .

  3. #153
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,087

    Default

    Yeah, bear in mind, Donna and Dick were a potential couple back then - this being pre-New Teen Titans where Terry Long and Starfire debuted. The other girl, Bat-Girl, is now called Flamebird. No prizes for guessing why she picked that name, considering that change only happened post-Crisis (which I think is odd, considering Babs existed in the late 60s, which should've prompted a name change for the 1950s Bat-Girl) and therefore after Dick's own name change.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #154
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    So, Djinn Wars seems to be off to a great start.

    spoilers:
    Elias is suitably creepy and incredibly powerful, and the arrival of Jakeem Thunder is really cool here. And he's also hinting at a deal between him and Robin, probably when Damian retrieved the wand he used to defeat Gotham-Girl in Batman, I guess. Which is bound to be used later in the run - my personal theory is that Damian should be the one remaining in Hell/Purgatory because he sold his soul to Elias, but that Djinn will sacrifice herself to send him back. Which will probably be the final straw for our poor boy, just before Batman telling him to stop being Robin.
    end of spoilers

  5. #155
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, Djinn Wars seems to be off to a great start.

    spoilers:
    Elias is suitably creepy and incredibly powerful, and the arrival of Jakeem Thunder is really cool here. And he's also hinting at a deal between him and Robin, probably when Damian retrieved the wand he used to defeat Gotham-Girl in Batman, I guess. Which is bound to be used later in the run - my personal theory is that Damian should be the one remaining in Hell/Purgatory because he sold his soul to Elias, but that Djinn will sacrifice herself to send him back. Which will probably be the final straw for our poor boy, just before Batman telling him to stop being Robin.
    end of spoilers
    I was really surprised at the appearance of you know who. Has that even been teased before today?

  6. #156
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    Not that I know off. Which is actually great, surprises like that are always welcome ! I also guess he won't be a one trick pony kind of addition, which is cool.

  7. #157
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,087

    Default

    I wonder if that's a permanent new team member? Would explain that gap on May's cover, since his being there would've spoiled the surprise.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #158
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,015

    Default

    spoilers:
    How does that weird sibling thing with Elias work if the Genie Jakeem is using is actually the spirit of Johnny Thunder the original JSA user, the old man from Doomsday Clock if you don't remember, merged with the initial genie or however that worked?
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  9. #159
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I was really surprised at the appearance of you know who. Has that even been teased before today?
    I guess this means the book is officially post-Doomsday Clock more or less.

  10. #160
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Wow. The usual Roundhouse cringe aside, today's issue was actually pretty good.

    spoilers:
    This is my first time reading anything with Jakeem Thunder in it and he's made a great first impression on me. Let's trade Wallace or Billy out for him XD.
    end of spoilers

  11. #161
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    How does that weird sibling thing with Elias work if the Genie Jakeem is using is actually the spirit of Johnny Thunder the original JSA user, the old man from Doomsday Clock if you don't remember, merged with the initial genie or however that worked?
    end of spoilers
    I have no idea. I'm not too fond of linking Jakeem's genie to Elias.

  12. #162
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,087

    Default

    Another development happened today which finally makes the abandoned 2011 Teen Titans plan viable again. Wally West's kids are back. That means Impulse II, who was meant to be on the new team before New 52 forced a change of plans, is available again. I wonder if she'd be a 5G era Teen Titan - as Kid Flash if Doomsday Clock is accurate? It means Wallace may be due a rebrand.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  13. #163
    Amazing Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    96

    Default

    The lastest issue of T.T. was, okay. I got a mafia boss vibe with Elias human form. The tone definitely was different with the new co artist and why I think if Glass wanted to write his own mini Suicide Squad team than he should've done so with separate characters under a different title. Otherwise you're not going to make anyone who's read this book believe they're a family which is total bs. Cool to see Jakeem again, and that piece of dialogue at the end with Crush was just not needed and why she annoys me the most personally. Her best character moments are when she's interacting with, Lobo, but when it comes to Djinn and the rest of the squad, her writing is terrible. Characters like Emiko, and Wallace deserve better writing and moments. This run has done nothing for them.
    Last edited by Grandmaster_J; 02-21-2020 at 03:54 PM.

  14. #164
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Another development happened today which finally makes the abandoned 2011 Teen Titans plan viable again. Wally West's kids are back. That means Impulse II, who was meant to be on the new team before New 52 forced a change of plans, is available again. I wonder if she'd be a 5G era Teen Titan - as Kid Flash if Doomsday Clock is accurate? It means Wallace may be due a rebrand.
    Back as in back in present earth or back only in FlashForward?

  15. #165
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,087

    Default

    Back on present day Earth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •