Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Starfire doesn’t have a secret identity, she has not in decades. Koriand’r is the only name she has to give to connect her daughter to who she is. Kory Anders is a fake name so she could fit into earth when she was young, she doesn’t have to whitewash herself anymore
    The thing is Mandy have Kory's full name as her last name comes off as awkward, especially when evidence points to the -and'r suffice functioning as a last name in Tamaranean culture. In adapting it to an earth stylization, Anders is pre-established, or if Kory wants a more accurate to the original Tamaranean pronunciation, And'r would work too and make more sense than her full name.

I also doubt Tamaki has any specific reasoning or intent with making Koriand'r function as a last name. More likely she wasn't aware of the established naming conventions for Tamaraneans or the out-of-current-use Anders name, and didn't bother to do the research (which really isn't that hard to do. I got my research on this in five minutes from checking Starfire's DC wikia page)

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    People got "Kory is an aloof parent" from that synopsis? All I got was "daughter of megacelebrity has a tough time going through time universally understood to be harrowing."

The only problem I had is that, visually, she looks nothing like Kory so I just shrugged my shoulders and said "I guess?" Is the person from her past her dad, possibly Dick Grayson?

With respect to Tamaranian sexuality, that they're so sexually open and it's never come up tells me they probably don't understand that it's seen as unusual elsewhere. Seems like it'd be a non-issue. "You like who you like" seems to be the rule of cool over there, so long as everyone's a consenting adult of course.
    But does Starfire seem like the character appropriate for that kind of story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why would you ever give Starfire short hair?

Weird pitch and the character looks more like Raven then Starfire, but i'm not the audience that this book is looking for, so i wish success.

If anything, this book reminded a lot of people that Mar'i Grayson exist and i wish we could see more of her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Why would you ever give Starfire short hair?
    BB with a beard bothers me more.

Meet Starfire's Gay Goth Daughter Mandy, in I Am Not Starfire YA OGN

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/star...graphic-novel/

Wtf lol who came up this lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes.

And of COURSE the usual suspects are throwing fits about it. With attacks on the writer and even some redrawing of the girl to look like her mother and with less clothes on. And a HIGE issue with her being FAT. With screams of self insert. Nevermind the only thing the writer and daughter have in common is black hair.

I am not understanding how this book is such an issue? It's not like we have NOT see a kid of someone famous FIGHT to get from under that shadow.

Colin Hanks anyone?
    Dwayne Johnson? The Usos? Tamia? Dustin Rhodes? Cody Rhodes? Brian Christopher? Who HID who his Daddy was. Owen Hart? Who hid who his brother and brother in laws were. Mr Perfect? Bray Wyatt?
    Nicholas Cage changed his name to avoid links to his famous family.
    Martin Sheen and Charlie Sheen did too as did Emilo.
    Carrie Hamilton anybody??? Her mother was Carol Burnett.
    Mylie Cyrus? Cree Summer? Lenny Kravitz? Rashida Jones? Tracey Ellis Ross? Shelia E? Joe Kupert's granddaughter at Dynamite.

This is not a new story.

Meet Starfire's Gay Goth Daughter Mandy, in I Am Not Starfire YA OGN

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/star...graphic-novel/
    Weird story honestly, it just sound odd, but i supposed that it has an audience, so good uck with that. Unless i heard that is one of the greatest novel graphics ever made i'm not into it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Looks like we have another mystery with Future State Teen Titans..

WIP page from the issue. Warning, some big spoilers.

https://imgur.com/a/ndHtIgt
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...r_teen_titans/

Deathstoke Nightwing - yuck.

That explains the different costume compared to Nightwing's solo, then. This isn't Dick.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm so confused...well, other than the dead Titans, that's par for the course for this franchise at this point .

Well, at least Future State is only 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, at least Future State is only 2 months.
    At least i get to read Wonder Woman, it's the only part i'm really excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    At least i get to read Wonder Woman, it's the only part i'm really excited about.
    It does seem to be the most agreeable part out of all of this. Just odd that already previously established Wonder Girls get the shaft. Otherwise, yeah. Looks fine to me.