Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know it isn't everyone's favorite, but I really liked this era and happy to see it represented .
    It's definitely my favorite, its what I started with when I started reading comics. I do enjoy other iterations including the original five and New Teen Titans/Marv Wolfman era but Geoff John's team is what I started with and I just have a lot of love for it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Hey everyone just wanted some advice.

Is Titans by Devin Grayson great for more Titans reading about the Fab 5?
    Overall, I thought it was fine.

If you don't mind a generous amount of character interaction and a minimal sum of action/violence, then you might find something to like about this series.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 03-14-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Hey everyone just wanted some advice.

Is Titans by Devin Grayson great for more Titans reading about the Fab 5?
    read technis imperative beforehand as it gives a reason for the titans getting back together. also has them being allowed to actually stand up to the justice league, something not allowed nowadays.

Spectacular Member

The old times.

Cyborg.jpg
    Last edited by Krivus; 03-09-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    The old times.

Cyborg.jpg
    Things were pretty...groovy, back then .

But that's the 80s, not the 60s!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

April's annual cover lied. I Was Robin? Nope, he still is.

TEEN TITANS #43
    written by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    Robin begins a hunt that leads him to the KGBeast, the same assassin who wounded and nearly killed the first Robin, Dick Grayson. Will Damian Wayne cross the line to enact brutal revenge on the Russian villain—or can the Teen Titans temper the current Robin’s rage?
    ON SALE 06.17.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    April's annual cover lied. I Was Robin? Nope, he still is.

TEEN TITANS #43
    written by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    Robin begins a hunt that leads him to the KGBeast, the same assassin who wounded and nearly killed the first Robin, Dick Grayson. Will Damian Wayne cross the line to enact brutal revenge on the Russian villain—or can the Teen Titans temper the current Robin’s rage?
    ON SALE 06.17.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    HA! Okay, wait... so after he's being beaten up by Batman, he got chased by Batgirl, and now Damian too?! XD

...and I assume the Teen Titans as well since they will want to keep Damian safe

I wonder if he's starting to think that shooting Nightwing is the one-hit that more and more sounds like it doesn't worth the money

Of course Dick himself will probably want a piece of him as well when he's finally back to his old self.

Maybe after Batman admonishes him, Damian just stops caring and goes after KGBeast for revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    HA! Okay, wait... so after he's being beaten up by Batman, he got chased by Batgirl, and now Damian too?! XD

...and I assume the Teen Titans as well since they will want to keep Damian safe

I wonder if he's starting to think that shooting Nightwing is the one-hit that more and more sounds like it doesn't worth the money
    Right, 2 years later now they all want a piece. Nevermind that Dick keeps getting brain washed every week as they all just seemingly have abandon him to his brain trauma. Look how they care by beating up KGBeast now.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Right, 2 years later now they all want a piece. Nevermind that Dick keeps getting brainwashed every week as they all just seemingly have abandoned him to his brain trauma. Look how they care by beating up KGBeast now.
    We know this story doesn't make sense, and I already expend my angry points yesterday when I found out they're repeating the Talon plot for Joker so all I got now is jokes.

Fantastic Member

As far as I am concerned this was a long time coming. Dick is Damian's big brother it makes sense for him to want to hurt KBeast. Also considering we are still dealing with Ric Beast can be beaten up by the bats as much as possible. It's like milk and it does my body good.

I'm reviewing Titans of Dick's generation. The most popular or well-known version is the NTT crew. After them is the Fab Four. Then Devin Grayson's run, which I only heard after I talk to people in this forum.

The Young Justice crew is a mix of Dick and Tim's team that I think can work in comics if they combine Teen, Titans, and Young Justice into one multigenerational team similar to Johns Titans where he had the YA train the teens.
    TV Titans are inspired by Young Justice too with the inclusion of Superboy and there's an element of older training younger, which makes sense because Johns is on the team. He's using his old idea.

You know what I'm going to include Tim's generation as well since they already mix them up in other media, and they've been a Teen Titans. I think they're the most popular after Dick's NTT. Then it's the Fab Four.

Considering Titans are known to be one brand of teens, young, or former sidekick, I think Johns concept works best because you get everyone in one book, and the classic popular characters can help introduce new ones, but right now there are so many characters, not just a pair of mentor and mentee like back then. The Robins themselves are at least four, so they have to be divided into teams per generation at least.

Since Dick's NTT is the most popular, I think they should stick together. Donna and Wally were also in there, but I don't know about the other two. I know they all back for Devin Grayson's team, so Dick's ideal team consists of both, then you can add more former members like Lilith and Bumblebee if they have the time.

The problem with Fab Four on their own is that they're a power copy of the League. So they shouldn't be the face of Titans. They can be the chairman or whatever kinda like how the JSA is sorta the veteran of Justice League, but The NTT crew should be the ones who carry the team.

Tim should also stick with Cassie, Kon, and Bart. Then you can add new members to each team, like the current members, or any popular members of Tim's generation like Miss Martian and Bunker.

Jason already has his Outlaws, Dark Trinity, he's fine, and they can always add more to expand his team, but Damian's first team is NTT plus Wallace and I don't know how popular his current team is.

Damian's most popular partner is Jon Kent. So my ideal Damian team will have those two at the head, Wallace, then add the new ones.

Default Those are the members and now the premise.

Damian is the new rebel, Jason is the outlaw, Tim is the ideal teen, the classic Teen Titans premise that's neither too naughty or nice, and Dick is the YA going Adult... but out of all of them, Dick's team is the most unclear on what are they supposed to do now that they're adults.

The rebel part of TT is filled with Damian, and the ideal teen part of TT is filled with Tim. Dick's team is YA but what defines YA is people trying to figure out life now that they're adults. So meandering is kinda-sorta fit with the YA image, but that's the personal life part, what should they do with the hero part?

Should Dick's Titans be defined by their story of trying to find a stable job, a stable boo, a place to live independent of parental figures, figuring out what you want, struggling and failing... or once you got that job, SO, and house, trying to keep them while dealing with daily superheroics and world threats? I mean that sounds what YA superheroes are like to me. It's very simple, it's not as epic compared to the League, but it's very personal, relatable, and I heard that's what people like about Titans. That's what a lot of 20-something go through. It's the Spider-Man type of hero story but in a team.

The main problem with that kind of status quo, the same as Spider-Man, is that they can't move on and be stable. Once they're stable, you can't sell them as a YA status quo. Spider-Man at least is his own hero so he can be as old and married as the writers want if not being held down by editorial. Dick's Titans are not allowed to be bigger than the League. There's an obvious glass ceiling there.

If they're an adult team, they will have to find a differentiation. League is the main team dealing with the biggest threat, Dark deals with the supernatural. Titans' classic strongest foe, Trigon, is something they dealt because Trigon defeated the League and Raven is his daughter. Blackfire is Starfire's sister. So if they're not YA, they're also defined by dealing with evil family members. A pretty personal struggle.

So not necessarily family members, but as the relationship between them, their villains should be more personal than the League. Just like the team, don't go with epic, go with personal?