Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Donna is the easiest character to fix, make her WW younger sister by adoption and go from there. Unfortunately, DC has a fetish for things being unnecessarily convoluted.
    Just look at the poor Hawks...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just look at the poor Hawks...
    The Hawks are another can if worms, can't even think of a way to make them less convoluted.

It was just announced that Batgirl will be in season 3 of Titans.and people wonder why i'm not a Batman fan.every where you turn they popping up.WHY can't TITANS just be that bout the Titans.we Omen.Bumblebee.Frances Kane.Kole.Pantha.Tula.just to name a few Guest Stars they've could've used but of course we get another BATFAMILY MEMBER.and don't get me wrong I Love me some Batgirl.but i'm a Titans fan 1st.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    It was just announced that Batgirl will be in season 3 of Titans.and people wonder why i'm not a Batman fan.every where you turn they popping up.WHY can't TITANS just be that bout the Titans.we Omen.Bumblebee.Frances Kane.Kole.Pantha.Tula.just to name a few Guest Stars they've could've used but of course we get another BATFAMILY MEMBER.and don't get me wrong I Love me some Batgirl.but i'm a Titans fan 1st.
    Titans TV show is going the route of the YJ cartoon, too many characters and not enough screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Titans TV show is going the route of the YJ cartoon, too many characters and not enough screen time.
    So many heroes, so little screentime .

Doing a Nightwing love triangle, are they?

And to be more exact, didn't they only announce Barbara Gordon? Nothing about Batgirl. How do you know she won't be Oracle?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Agreed. It's a fucking batfamily show instead of a Titans show. Two of the original TT still haven't made an appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Agreed. It's a fucking batfamily show instead of a Titans show. Two of the original TT still haven't made an appearance.
    It's not to say they won't though. Roy's at least been referenced and is rumored to appear.

I don't get why they keep adding new heroes to the TV show when they can't even give good depictions of some of their regulars. They really missed the ball with characters like Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't get why they keep adding new heroes to the TV show when they can't even give good depictions of some of their regulars. They really missed the ball with characters like Raven.
    To be honest, I think it's partially to entice more people to watch the show.

Astonishing Member

To be honest, I think it's partially to entice more people to watch the show.
    Instead of adding characters who will either be misused or just there to fill roster space, the writers should've focused on making a good TV show. Season 2 improved a little over Season 1 but Titans just isn't good.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doing a Nightwing love triangle, are they?

And to be more exact, didn't they only announce Barbara Gordon? Nothing about Batgirl. How do you know she won't be Oracle?
    I actually bet that she will be Oracle. In the Blackbirds pilot that led to this show, Oracle was a member.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It really just boggles the mind how DC keeps screwing Donna up. Like, I'm playing armchair writer and everything, but it really shouldn't seem that difficult to course-correct from this stuff or just foresee the issues.
    I don't think DC wants to "course-correct" anymore. Donna having a convoluted origin/history is now the core part of the character. It is too deeply rooted to exercise it from her core identity now, and I think DC is just going to keep leaning into it rather than than try and fix it at this point.

I mean in the grand scheme of things Donna is a pretty insignificant character these days. She's always barely been considered a Woman Woman character and that franchise has never done anything with her, and with the Titans they have pretty much reduced and undermined all of her important relationships to characters like Dick or Starfire, so the only thing left the character has at this point is being known for having a convoluted history. You take that away and the character has nothing left keeping her around as it feels like every story with her now is about issues with her past/origin.

Donna's very existence was a mistake - they mistook Wonder Girl for a sidekick like Robin instead of a younger version of an adult hero like Superboy. So here's something to think about - how would Teen Titans history have been different if Donna never existed? Or, if knowing that Wonder Woman was getting rebooted, they'd erased Donna in the Crisis? I assume they never considered doing that?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think DC wants to "course-correct" anymore. Donna having a convoluted origin/history is now the core part of the character. It is too deeply rooted to exercise it from her core identity now, and I think DC is just going to keep leaning into it rather than than try and fix it at this point.
    Yeah, but I don't see the sense in that.
    I mean in the grand scheme of things Donna is a pretty insignificant character these days. She's always barely been considered a Woman Woman character and that franchise has never done anything with her, and with the Titans they have pretty much reduced and undermined all of her important relationships to characters like Dick or Starfire, so the only thing left the character has at this point is being known for having a convoluted history. You take that away and the character has nothing left keeping her around as it feels like every story with her now is about issues with her past/origin.
    Insignificant now but she has a lot of potential if they finally started to utilize her well. Especially with Wonder Woman being a much more major property now.