Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wally and Barry are held by the other show company though and I don't know what's their policy of making different versions of the characters.
    If the movies can have a Flash in spite of the TV show, and Doom Patrol can have a Cyborg when there was already one in the Justice League movie, there's no reason why they can't have the same character played by different actors in Titans and the Arrowverse shows. I can imagine it happening with Batman (both Titans and Batwoman have reason to use him) or Superman (Titans has Superboy and Supergirl introduced a Superman who's getting his own show).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    No I read the whole thing. What you did not get is that was the whole point. It was a complete shock that she was a revealed as a villain and her betrayal was all that more shocking. Deathstroke was right she was full of hate when he found her and he just directed it towards the Titans as part of his revenge for his belief the Titans killed his son.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberfrosch View Post
    Sure. But handwaving a teenage character's sociopathy for the shock value and contrast to another character in another franchise is not everyone's idea of good writing. A writer can have clear reasons for their storytelling choices, and readers can still think those choices were wrong.
    The issue here being that it wasn't foreshadowed. There was absolutely nothing to make us assume that Terra was going to break bad - or that she already was in the first place. A good writer would have been seeding subtle hints the entire time... which isn't what happened with Terra.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    JD has the same problem as Impulse. Just as he makes no sense without Flash, JD doesn't make sense unless Joker is previously established. They are barking up the wrong tree with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    If I remember right, SMALLVILLE had BART ALLEN and JAY GARRICK, without Wally and Barry right?
    The difference between Bart Allen/Impulse and Jay Garrick/Flash (was he on Smallville??) and a character called Jokers DAUGHTER, is that while the first 2 can exist independently as replacements of sorts for other Speedsters named “Flash”, by nature of the name “Daughter” is predisposed you rely on connection to another character.
    Now if they went the “Harlequin” route... but I doubt they want to butt heads with the Harley Quinn cache...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The difference between Bart Allen/Impulse and Jay Garrick/Flash (was he on Smallville??) and a character called Jokers DAUGHTER, is that while the first 2 can exist independently as replacements of sorts for other Speedsters named “Flash”, by nature of the name “Daughter” is predisposed you rely on connection to another character.
    Now if they went the “Harlequin” route... but I doubt they want to butt heads with the Harley Quinn cache...
    Jay Garrick was shown as Flashback in Season 9 of Smallville.
    BUT Smallville also had HIS OWN COMIC-SERIES and there he was a mentor to Conner,Miss Martian,Mia......to this TITANS.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The issue here being that it wasn't foreshadowed. There was absolutely nothing to make us assume that Terra was going to break bad - or that she already was in the first place. A good writer would have been seeding subtle hints the entire time... which isn't what happened with Terra.
    I always assumed her constant bad attitude and the fact that she was so insistent on being brought in the loop with the other Titans was supposed to be foreshadowing, but maybe that's more of a hindsight thing.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always assumed her constant bad attitude and the fact that she was so insistent on being brought in the loop with the other Titans was supposed to be foreshadowing, but maybe that's more of a hindsight thing.
    I think it was just meant to make people find Terra annoying - which strangely, they didn't. I suspect that Wolfman wasn't a huge fan of Kitty Pryde or the plucky young girl archetype.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I think it was just meant to make people find Terra annoying - which strangely, they didn't. I suspect that Wolfman wasn't a huge fan of Kitty Pryde or the plucky young girl archetype.
    I guess that depends how early Wolfman had planned out her being a traitor, I don't think she was meant to come off as likeable. She definitely was meant to be an anti-Kitty Pryde in a lot of ways.

Does anybody know if Titans Giant #1, which was scheduled to arrive in March, was actually delivered? Other than previews, I can't find this book in Wal-Mart, Amazon or, anywhere else for that matter. Was hoping that DC would add this to digital along with other titles they have been releasing.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

What is everyone's favorite Titans run? I really like the Wolfman/Perez run, but my favorite is the Johns run. Some of my favorite DC characters (Tim, Cassie, Conner, Bart) were in that book and it was brilliantly written by Johns with really cool artists.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Does anybody know if Titans Giant #1, which was scheduled to arrive in March, was actually delivered? Other than previews, I can't find this book in Wal-Mart, Amazon or, anywhere else for that matter. Was hoping that DC would add this to digital along with other titles they have been releasing.
    If it was due out in March, it should've been out. Distribution of the Giants at Walmart has always been patchy. Maybe your local store just never got it, or got so few they sold out fast.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    What is everyone's favorite Titans run? I really like the Wolfman/Perez run, but my favorite is the Johns run. Some of my favorite DC characters (Tim, Cassie, Conner, Bart) were in that book and it was brilliantly written by Johns with really cool artists.
    Wolfman's run.
    It had some not-so great moments, like creating both Terra and Kole with the intention of them dying for story reasons, Danny Chase, Wildebeast baby, Danny Chase, Deathstroke trying to go Magneto with the team, and Danny Chase...

But it was still the most iconic era of the team for me.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Same. Johns' run has its problems but it's one of the only comic book runs I can go back to, re-read, and still feel every bit of love that I had for it the first time. Course I might be biased because it was one of my very first comics. But in this case, I'm fine with bias. I love every second that I spend on that whole 8 year run.

What is everyone's favorite Titans run?
    My Top 3:

1980 - Wolfman/Perez

1999 - Devin Grayson

2010 - Wallace/Fiorentino
    Last edited by K7P5V; 04-28-2020 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Made Corrections.

Mighty Member

Geoff Johns, Devin Grayson’s and Dan Abnett’s run. The Marv Wolfman stuff was simply okay and not the “holy grail” as folks lead people to believe. Now before people get on my case. I’m not saying it’s bad. But a little overrated to the point where fans don’t want to accept anything else. The McKeever and Jurgens stuff are solid as well.
    Last edited by Raijin; 04-27-2020 at 10:25 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Devin Grayson

Wolfman - Perez

Dan Jurgens