Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The late Baxter run of New Titans reads better in Trades/binge reading. You have to remember that the actual stories took place for over 5-6 years--and the team remained absolutely stagnant. No lineup/membership changes, no big stories, and Titans didn't really take part in any big crossovers--the book felt so disconnected from anything. Not the way you treat one of your main team books. (Not to mention it lost a bunch of it's audience with move to Baxter format)
    Disconnecting the Titans from the current DC universe might be the best way to go going forward. Everytime they show up now: someone dies, someone turns evil or someone gets character derailed(possibly all three at once). Let some other group be cannon fodder while the Titans are doing their own thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Disconnecting the Titans from the current DC universe might be the best way to go going forward. Everytime they show up now: someone dies, someone turns evil or someone gets character derailed(possibly all three at once). Let some other group be cannon fodder while the Titans are doing their own thing.
    you pretty much just described the current YJ run with all the multiverse hopping.

Still a solid idea since DC only really cares for Justice League and Teen Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    you pretty much just described the current YJ run with all the multiverse hopping.

Still a solid idea since DC only really cares for Justice League and Teen Titans
    Maybe that's why Bendis is doing what he's doing. Either that or he just doesn't want to write a plot and characterization-heavy team book.

That's been happening constantly since 1991. Before then, only Terra, Kole and Gnarrk had died (yeah, one character in all of the 70s and only two in the 80s). But then a possessed Jericho had to be put down, and several other characters died in the same story. The casualty list has only grown from there.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The late Baxter run of New Titans reads better in Trades/binge reading. You have to remember that the actual stories took place for over 5-6 years--and the team remained absolutely stagnant. No lineup/membership changes, no big stories, and Titans didn't really take part in any big crossovers--the book felt so disconnected from anything. Not the way you treat one of your main team books. (Not to mention it lost a bunch of it's audience with move to Baxter format)
    What's Baxter format? When are you referring to?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-07-2020 at 11:07 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

What's Baxter format? When are you referring to?
    Back in the 80's Teen Titans was DC's hottest book, it (along with many other DC books) were made available in the news stands. For whatever reason, DC as a company decided that Teen Titans (along with Outsiders and I think Legion) were going to be removed from newstands, and only available in comic shops with a new "Baxter" format which was nicer paper and a few extra pages.

Needless to say, Titans being removed from regular stores and only available in comic shops was the beginning of the end in terms of popularity of the team. There were other factors too, but that was the main one.

Djinn looks like she is about to flip out.

Evil Djinn ?

DC need to step up their game, Outlawed has turned out to be a major relaunch for Marvel's teen line with both Champions and New Warriors getting new ongoings and Power Pack a mini. That's going to be significant competition for Teen Titans and Young Justice. I know 5G is supposed to be on the way, but Teen Titans ending anytime soon without a relaunch would be spectacularly bad timing.

Astonishing Member

DC need to step up their game, Outlawed has turned out to be a major relaunch for Marvel's teen line with both Champions and New Warriors getting new ongoings and Power Pack a mini. That's going to be significant competition for Teen Titans and Young Justice. I know 5G is supposed to be on the way, but Teen Titans ending anytime soon without a relaunch would be spectacularly bad timing.
    This run seems to be ending, but I expect a relaunch before 5G. Not sure what happens to the franchise after 5G.

Extraordinary Member

This run seems to be ending, but I expect a relaunch before 5G. Not sure what happens to the franchise after 5G.
    Why do you guys keep saying that

BANNED

Probably a new batch of teen heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why do you guys keep saying that
    None of the 5G rumors so far have mentioned anything about the Titans and most of them are currently dead or derailed. And there are no signs of any of the damage that was done getting reversed by DC. 5G feels like an excuse to bury what's left of the franchise for a long time.

I wonder if Marvel's Outlawed event will make DC attempt to try and do an event/ comic to salvage what's left of Dick's gen and the NTT cast.

None of the 5G rumors so far have mentioned anything about the Titans and most of them are currently dead or derailed. And there are no signs of any of the damage that was done getting reversed by DC. 5G feels like an excuse to bury what's left of the franchise for a long time.

I wonder if Marvel's Outlawed event will make DC attempt to try and do an event/ comic to salvage what's left of Dick's gen and the NTT cast.
    Outlawed kind of reminds me how the New 52 Titans were always on the run from the law for one reason or another, although I didn't really care for it then.

I dunno, it seems like DC will be too busy phasing stuff out for 5G to worry about matching Marvel in this instance.

The Titans needs a relaunch but DC should also bring back Infinity Inc as well.their was a time when Titans was on par w the X men.hopefully we'll get them back their.i like the Justice League but my Heart belongs to the Titans.