Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Last I heard, Wally's actions in HiC have NOT been retconned.
    In the latest Flash comic it was shown that spoilers:
    Thawne was using magic Negative Speed Force hypnosis to cause the events of Flash War and Heroes In Crisis. Wally still accidentally killed everyone but everything afterwards seems to be Thawne's influence.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Bette Kane is my favorite member of the Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Never read the Jurgens TT, but I’m looking forward to it. About 80 New Titans issues to go....
    I hope you dig it. As a huge TT/NTT/Titans fan, I've read almost every iteration of the team and the Jurgens version was the only one I never felt the urge to read.

The only character that ever appeared before that run was The Atom, and he was de-aged by Jurgens so he could be a "Teen" Titan too. Every other character is new to that series and I don't remember any of them showing up much after it.

If you've gotten to Danny Chase, I can't recommend the rest of the Wolfman run. But the Johns/McKone run is very good if you haven't read that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Bring him back to do what?
    To be Jason's best friend and punch Dick in the face some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    In the latest Flash comic it was shown that spoilers:
    Thawne was using magic Negative Speed Force hypnosis to cause the events of Flash War and Heroes In Crisis. Wally still accidentally killed everyone but everything afterwards seems to be Thawne's influence.
    end of spoilers
    Did they touch on why Wally decided to mutilate the corpses and then try and frame other people of their murder? I feel like DC forgets THAT was the major crime not the accidental deaths.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Did they touch on why Wally decided to mutilate the corpses and then try and frame other people of their murder? I feel like DC forgets THAT was the major crime not the accidental deaths.
    spoilers:
    It's revealed that the cover up was the result of Thawne's hypnotic manipulations that can push and pull people into doing things they would never do.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Rend20; 09-10-2020 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    spoilers:
    It's revealed that the cover up was the result of Thawne's hypnotic manipulations that can push and pull people into doing things they would never do.
    end of spoilers
    I'm honestly surprised they even touched on it. Every interview with HiC it was always about the deaths and not what Wally did to the bodies like they didn't realize what the issue was.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Bring him back to do what?
    I wouldn't mind join the Titans for a solid relaunch of the team, without Didio it is finally allowed.
    I'd like Lemire to write the book.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I hope you dig it. As a huge TT/NTT/Titans fan, I've read almost every iteration of the team and the Jurgens version was the only one I never felt the urge to read.

The only character that ever appeared before that run was The Atom, and he was de-aged by Jurgens so he could be a "Teen" Titan too. Every other character is new to that series and I don't remember any of them showing up much after it.
    Argent carried over to the next Titans team. And there was a second pre-existing team member - Captain Marvel Junior.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm honestly surprised they even touched on it. Every interview with HiC it was always about the deaths and not what Wally did to the bodies like they didn't realize what the issue was.
    I don't think DC realize the issue about Wally covering the deaths, that's why this retcon happened in Flash #761 (instead of a "bigger" comic) and it is quickly mentioned.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-10-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

If you've gotten to Danny Chase, I can't recommend the rest of the Wolfman run. But the Johns/McKone run is very good if you haven't read that yet.

Yep, I loved the original Young Justice and followed most of the characters to the Johns/McKone Teen Titans when that launched. And I had read the Wolfman/Perez NTT up through Donna’s wedding, but never the relaunched series or anything beyond that. It’s been... educational.

I was stoked when I peaked ahead and saw Perez was coming back when the book became “New Titans”, but I can’t say I enjoyed the “Who is Wonder Girl?” arc, or the stuff that came immediately after. Crisis really did a number on Donna...

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, if during the upcoming relaunch, HiC is completely ignored (along with a few other things), I wouldn't mind. It really didn't do anything positive for any characters. And the original teaser for it, heroes actually getting help for the traumas they went through, turned out to be shallow just an excuse to fridge a bunch of characters that would have been fine simply being off screen for awhile. Many of which were part of the NTT generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Yep, I loved the original Young Justice and followed most of the characters to the Johns/McKone Teen Titans when that launched. And I had read the Wolfman/Perez NTT up through Donna’s wedding, but never the relaunched series or anything beyond that. It’s been... educational.

I was stoked when I peaked ahead and saw Perez was coming back when the book became “New Titans”, but I can’t say I enjoyed the “Who is Wonder Girl?” arc, or the stuff that came immediately after. Crisis really did a number on Donna...
    Yeah, they didn't want to reboot New Teen Titans - but in that case, they shouldn't have rebooted Wonder Woman either. It's not Crisis itself that caused Donna's problems, it was Diana starting from scratch. It meant that Donna was actually a superhero before Diana was! And that meant their respective codenames no longer made sense, so Donna's was changed, and her powers and origin with it. It's entirely a mess of Perez's making, as he was the Wonder Woman writer.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, if during the upcoming relaunch, HiC is completely ignored (along with a few other things), I wouldn't mind. It really didn't do anything positive for any characters. And the original teaser for it, heroes actually getting help for the traumas they went through, turned out to be shallow just an excuse to fridge a bunch of characters that would have been fine simply being off screen for awhile. Many of which were part of the NTT generation.
    I don't think Sanctuary is ever going to be mentioned again. Too much baggage.

So far, my least favorite bit of the post-Perez era was the Kesel Royal Flush Gang two-parter. I normally enjoy Kesel’s stuff, but that was borderline unreadable. I’m currently up to Titans Hunt, which has started off very promising. I really love Wolfman’s Slade Wilson.

Beast Boy and Donna Troy have joined the Teen Titans.

TEEN TITANS: ENDLESS WINTER SPECIAL #1

Written by ANDY LANNING and RON MARZ

Art by JESUS MERINO backup story

Backup story art by MARCO SANTUCCI

Cover by BERNARD CHANG

Variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO

"Endless Winter" chapter six! Crush, Roundhouse, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow embark on a bonding exercise with new partners from the original New Teen Titans: Donna Troy and Beast Boy? Everyone's limits will be tested as they brave the challenges of holiday shopping in Manhattan! And then, the city is buried in snow! When they discover a teen whose powers are triggered by the extreme cold, the team must decide if this new arrival is a future hero or villain. And in the past, Black Adam battles the Frost King with devastating consequences.

32 pages, $3.99, available on Dec. 15.

That's ironic, the variant cover is by the current Champions artist.