Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I kind of wonder, in a 'What If?' sort of sense, how things would be different if the Wolfman/Perez relaunch hadn't introduced new characters Cyborg, Raven and Starfire, and had instead used Mal Duncan as Cyborg (after an accident involving the Vox horn blowing up or something), Lilith Clay in the Raven role (retconning whatever background story Lilith had originally to work in the Trigon elements) and Bumblebee (not at all a good expy for Starfire, but whatever, it wasn't meant as a 1-for-1 cut-and-swap).

I don't even remember Lilith's origin story, so backfitting the Trigon bits into why she's a sensitive in the first place, should be do-able, and Mal had already gone through so many changes that making him Cyborg (with his 'sonic cannon' being reworked from the surviving chassis of the Hornblower horn, now just a sonic weapon and not a whatever-the-****-it-did McGuffin).

Really, the only part that would feel lost is the Starfire/Tamaran elements, and those could probably have been worked in some other way.
    Lilith didn't HAVE an origin story yet. NTT revealed in 1985 that Lilith had a link to the Titans of Myth, but like Donna's, this origin was retconned out in the Crisis shortly after (something not intended by Wolfman, who wrote both NTT and Crisis - it's Perez's fault because he rebooted Wonder Woman).

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/New_Teen_Titans_Vol_2_7
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Lilith_Clay_(New_Earth)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-27-2020 at 06:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She draws a good Emiko .

Incredible Member

So, Titans history mk632 - Cyborg WAS a Teen Titan... but he & Starfire were there while Roy was a member? Are we still trying to work the NTT into the Titans Hunt version of history, ala Lazarus Contract?

[Also, those looks aren't just ugly, but completely random. Kory & Vic even teleported straight from JLO looking like that - and wasn't Jessica among all the heroes rescued (in their normal costumes, including Nightwing & Hawkgirl) in the main series?]

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    So, Titans history mk632 - Cyborg WAS a Teen Titan... but he & Starfire were there while Roy was a member? Are we still trying to work the NTT into the Titans Hunt version of history, ala Lazarus Contract?

[Also, those looks aren't just ugly, but completely random. Kory & Vic even teleported straight from JLO looking like that - and wasn't Jessica among all the heroes rescued (in their normal costumes, including Nightwing & Hawkgirl) in the main series?]
    I think Kori was just talking about Dick's time with the Fab Five, not the NTT team.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Kori was just talking about Dick's time with the Fab Five, not the NTT team.
    That's my read as well... And while I think the art is good in this book, those costumes, man. Yow. That's worse than Kori in her recent headsock look...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post

big ouch for Garth there

Jessica was with the rest of the GLs in the Multiverses End tie in.

I'd like to think they just left Garth out because then the speech bubble would've burst open...

Amazing Member

Garth has been missing for so long (no way he died from falling into water) with no one looking for him i'm starting to think he was kidnapped by someone with reality altering abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd like to think they just left Garth out because then the speech bubble would've burst open...
    I like to think adding Roy was an accident as he wasn't part of the team during NTT.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I like to think adding Roy was an accident as he wasn't part of the team during NTT.
    She is referencing Dick's time with the original Titans. She is not saying Roy was in the NTT. The sentence literally starts with "in the early days of the Teen Titans you already had"

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    She is referencing Dick's time with the original Titans. She is not saying Roy was in the NTT. The sentence literally starts with "in the early days of the Teen Titans you already had"
    She is referencing Dick’s time with the original Titans in relevance to their time as Titans. Roy wasn’t on NTT so her point doesn’t make sense by mentioning him. She basically saying when we were Titans you were already close with Wally, Donna, and Roy because of your early years together, and you also had another home. While me and Vic were both new and had no where else to hang. So ya we became close. So it’s not that she left a Garth out, it’s that she shouldn’t haven’t mentioned Roy. As he wasn’t on NTT with them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-06-2020 at 05:55 PM.

Amazing Member

You are missing the point. Starfire is not necessarily refering to the ntt, she could be mentioning the titans n52 rebirth run. NIGHTWING is the one mentioning the ntt, by saying starfire and cyborg once lived in the titans tower, which didn't happen post flashpoint (of course, DC could be back retconing some cyborg history after rebirth).

As for roy, while he wasn't a regular ntt, he still had a lot of development during it, like his affair with cheschire, finding out he had a daughter, turning into arsenal... So saying he wasn't on the NTT seems a bit too much. The real odd thing is dick refering to NTT as if he wasn't part of it, but who knows at this point?

Cyborg was never a Titan during Rebirth, she’s clearly talking about NTT, and Dick is just finishing her point.

I mean really think about what Starfire is saying here. So Dick and Roy were already close, how does that matter as to why her and Vic became close. It doesn’t follow. He wasn’t around when they shared a Tower. So what if Dick was close to someone that wasn’t even around when they came into the Titans. She is saying when I was a Titan you original Titan already had a bond, so use newbies bonded.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-06-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

No she isn't. Please reread the scene. Dick is talking about how he didn't realize that Starfire and Cyborg were so close despite their shared history together -- which brings them to bring up how both Starfire and Cyborg lived in the tower. Starfire mentions that Dick was already close with his friends in the original Teen Titans. She is not insinuating Roy was in the New Teen Titans. I can not make this clearer. I'm not even sure why there is confusion. Pretending like continuity is an argument at all is preposterous because Cyborg and Wally were friends as recently as Flash War and they only knew each other from NTT times.