Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Yeah, the wording of "In early days of being Teen Titans" does kind of imply that she was including her own time in the Teen Titans. So she was saying that in the early days of the Teen Titans when Dick, Donna, Wally, Roy, Starfire, and Cyborg were on the team Dick was already close with Donna, Roy and Wally and she was implying that because they were close she felt a bond with Cyborg because he was also new and lived at the Tower. Also that would have been a great opportunity to mention Wally having killed Roy and Wally "dying", but I guess this book doesn't want to deal with that maybe?

The biggest question is why does Starfire need to remind Dick that she is close with Cyborg? I mean they two weren't that close at any point in the past continuity. So it would have made more sense to say that they just bonded over what happened in the JLO book rather than try and cram in some messy continuity stuff. Since right now it feels like the Titans history is a gigantic dumpster fire. How they hell are they going to manage Raven's history when she was part of Dick, Tim and Damian's Teen Titans teams?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    How they hell are they going to manage Raven's history when she was part of Dick, Tim and Damian's Teen Titans teams?
    Easy. Netflix version. As far as I know we don't have a proper flashback of Raven's NTT times in Rebirth yet so they can age her (and Beast Boy too since he's in the same teams) down to the Netflix version.

If she and BB started at 13, then by the time we hit Damian's Titans, they should be only 19, and that's not counting the selective aging like they did to Tim.

That Titans show isn't a Netflix Original, it's a DC Universe show.

Also, Raven was de-aged when she returned in the 2003 Teen Titans comic. She was basically Lazarus Pitted.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC is just going to ignore her being de-aged. She was looking like a grown up in Titans anyway. I hope they ignore it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Again she is talking about her and Vic’s early days of being Teen Titans, not the early days of the Teen Titans. Her early days of being a Titan where Dick was already friends with the other Fab 5 members on team, and had his Bat family, while her and Vic were new and just lived in the Tower.
    How could Dick already have deep bonds with the Fab 5 in the early days of the Fab 5, that doesn’t make sense. No one is saying the Fab Five didn’t exist, or Dick became friends with Wally, Donna, and Roy instead of Starfire and Cyborg. I don’t even know where your getting this from.
    Yes, she's saying that in her early days of being a Teen Titan, Dick was already close with Donna, Roy, and Wally. So when she came into the crew, in her early days, there were prior days where Dick had formed those relationships. He had ALREADY formed deep bonds. These deep bonds precede her early days as a Teen Titan. One came before the other, thus inherently implying a time before her early days where Dick somehow formed deep bonds with Donna, Roy, and Wally.

I don't get why you guys don't seem to know what the word already means.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, Raven was de-aged when she returned in the 2003 Teen Titans comic. She was basically Lazarus Pitted.
    Oh, right, I don't remember the 2003 but I remember she was in... high school I think?... In the last Titans book before Flashpoint. 2008?... but I never read how it happened. So... how? Lazarus Pit doesn't deage people... usually...

Amazing Member

Raven was killed at the end of wolfmans' run on new titans after leading a war that wiped out starfire's home planet, living on as a gold spirit untainted by her half demon body, so she was be revived for the 2003 series by brother blood's cult. The body the cult choose for her was younger than she used to be, so she ended up being around the same age as beast boy.
    Last edited by lgcruz; 10-07-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, the wording of "In early days of being Teen Titans" does kind of imply that she was including her own time in the Teen Titans. So she was saying that in the early days of the Teen Titans when Dick, Donna, Wally, Roy, Starfire, and Cyborg were on the team Dick was already close with Donna, Roy and Wally and she was implying that because they were close she felt a bond with Cyborg because he was also new and lived at the Tower. Also that would have been a great opportunity to mention Wally having killed Roy and Wally "dying", but I guess this book doesn't want to deal with that maybe?

The biggest question is why does Starfire need to remind Dick that she is close with Cyborg? I mean they two weren't that close at any point in the past continuity. So it would have made more sense to say that they just bonded over what happened in the JLO book rather than try and cram in some messy continuity stuff. Since right now it feels like the Titans history is a gigantic dumpster fire. How they hell are they going to manage Raven's history when she was part of Dick, Tim and Damian's Teen Titans teams?
    I'm surprised Dick would need to be reminded that Kori and Vic were friends. Has he really lost touch that much?

I don't think you need to use JLO to justify them being close, they were on a close-knit Titans team in a previous continuity and they may as well retcon in Johns' Titans at this point.

I think it was more for readers then Dick if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think it was more for readers then Dick if you know what I mean.
    I guess that's true.

Why is this a Future State book? The new Teen Titans roster is Nightwing (though I think it might not be Dick, as Nightwing's solo has a different costume), Starfire, Raven, Crush, and Red Arrow. i.e. it isn't set in the future.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Why is this a Future State book? The new Teen Titans roster is Nightwing (though I think it might not be Dick, as Nightwing's solo has a different costume), Starfire, Raven, Crush, and Red Arrow. i.e. it isn't set in the future.
    I'm kind of wondering what that Starfire costume looks like...never expected to see Kori with gold.

Looks like they're still dealing with Deathstroke.

Incredible Member

It's the remnants of 5G. With all the differential aging and stuff planned for that - not to mention the (more) dystopian state of the world - some stuff was probably going to be part of that. If this early-90s-style Nightwing isn't Dick, then you have two aliens (Starfire & Crush), a half-demon (Raven), and a(nother) relatively young/new character who wouldn't have been aged much if most characters were going to be aged based on debut order.

So, it might just have been intended to pick up where the current Titans left off, just in a 5G-ed world. And the "5G-ed world" part probably prohibits just plugging it into the post-Didio 2021 plans without a Justice League Odyssey-style do-over anyway.

I suppose so. I expect that Endless Winter is what sets up the real new team (which still includes Red Arrow and Crush, they clearly have plans to push them), which will launch in March.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I hate that Crush seems to be given Donna's role as powerhouse.