Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Unfortunately yes, she's the villain in Shazam!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

From the solicitations, I'm under the impression that Shazam happens after the TT issues and that raven has to become evil to save her friends in TT. Could be wrong however.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    From the solicitations, I'm under the impression that Shazam happens after the TT issues and that raven has to become evil to save her friends in TT. Could be wrong however.
    While I won't say it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter to me. No interest in seeing an evil Raven.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    While I won't say it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter to me. No interest in seeing an evil Raven.
    I stopped caring about Raven turns evil storylines long ago. Its so cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I stopped caring about Raven turns evil storylines long ago. Its so cliche.
    I simply do not get the appeal of having heroes go bad, but it happens over and over. Sometimes for real, sometimes by mind control or brainwashing or other external control (which is sometime retconned), and sometimes in AUs. But it keeps happening. And certain characters, like Raven, have it happen to them a lot.

Lol they just don’t know what to do with this franchise anymore huh!? The young heroes over at DC are a disaster right now

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I stopped caring about Raven turns evil storylines long ago. It's so cliche.
    It was great the first time, but it's never been as good as the first time and has had increasingly decreasing effect, IMO.

Nor do I want to see that storyline retread with the others. 'Ooh, it's Cyborg's turn to get taken over by Apocalyptan tech!' 'Now Gar goes all feral as he's raging with the primal fury of the Red!' Blah. Find a new beat, where the heroes get to be *heroes.*

So Damian has to be Red X, right? The high collar on his costume has to be referencing Damian's Batman 666 costume.
    Last edited by Badou; 11-13-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Buff Red X looks weird.

How the heck is cyborg Beast Boy supposed to work? Is it some kind of nano-fiber metal that adapts to whatever animal form he's using? Can he even still transform? With his hair like that he looks kind of like Savage Dragon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Buff Red X looks weird.

How the heck is cyborg Beast Boy supposed to work? Is it some kind of nano-fiber metal that adapts to whatever animal form he's using? Can he even still transform? With his hair like that he looks kind of like Savage Dragon.
    I have no idea.

Spectacular Member

Raven is literally never going to escape the endless cycle of "OH NO TRIGON'S HERE AHHHHH IM EEEEEEVIIILLL NOW" stories is she?

Cybeast is so fucking weird and insane that I can't really hate it, it's total comic book madness and I can't help but at least give that a chance. But Evil Raven's been done 1000 times already.

But yeah with Raven it's way WAAAYY beyond the point of "why do the Titans even keep her around" and to the point of "Why doesn't she ask someone to kill her if her destiny is to turn evil over and over no matter how hard she tries?"
    Last edited by Mojo; 11-14-2020 at 02:46 AM.

Buff Red X looks weird.

I did think he looked a bit like Lagoon Boy, who looks similar to SD.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Raven is literally never going to escape the endless cycle of "OH NO TRIGON'S HERE AHHHHH IM EEEEEEVIIILLL NOW" stories is she?

Cybeast is so fucking weird and insane that I can't really hate it, it's total comic book madness and I can't help but at least give that a chance. But Evil Raven's been done 1000 times already.

But yeah with Raven it's way WAAAYY beyond the point of "why do the Titans even keep her around" and to the point of "Why doesn't she ask someone to kill her if her destiny is to turn evil over and over no matter how hard she tries?"
    I remember like the first time she came back in New Teen Titans there was a lot of debate about what they should do about her...and I think she asked one of them to kill her?

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Lol they just don’t know what to do with this franchise anymore huh!? The young heroes over at DC are a disaster right now
    I’m hoping this is the end of it. I’m hoping like Wally this is simply the last bit of Didio influence. If it’s not then it’s time to put this zombie franchise down. I’m praying that one of the younger newer creators ends up on a relaunched Titans book come March, because this franchise desperately needs new blood, new ideas, and big ambitions.

Ultimate Member

How the heck is cyborg Beast Boy supposed to work? Is it some kind of nano-fiber metal that adapts to whatever animal form he's using?
    What a weird hybrid. Mashing up Raven and Changeling would be neater. Or Cyborg and Starfire.

I read a fun fanfic set on Earth 3 with a 'Crime Syndicate' version of the Titans were Changeling was the extra-dimensional blob that ate Cyborg's mom and ate his arm and lower legs and stuff, and sometimes takes the form of various creatures it's absorbed, not just animals, but also Victor's mom, the first human it absorbed... A whacky way to tie their origins together!