Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Considering that the Raven (and probably also the Beast Boy) OGN did really well, I don't really get why they make that instead of a Starfire OGN, that would certainly have a much wider audience.
    I think there'll be both. I can't see them NOT launching a Starfire book by the same creative team as Raven.

I think they've talked about doing books for all the five cartoon Titans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really hoping for a large ensemble cast kind of like the Young Justice show.
    So long as they can juggle said ensemble cast...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they've talked about doing books for all the five cartoon Titans.
    At the moment it seems that they stick with just Raven and Beast Boy, both had one OGN and then next will have them both together.

Which seems really odd to me, since Starfire seems to me a character that is really perfect for this young adult stuff, and even her DCYou solo did iirc quite well (iirc better than any of Ravens minis did).

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    At the moment it seems that they stick with just Raven and Beast Boy, both had one OGN and then next will have them both together.

Which seems really odd to me, since Starfire seems to me a character that is really perfect for this young adult stuff, and even her DCYou solo did iirc quite well (iirc better than any of Ravens minis did).
    Yeah, I feel like there's a lot of YA themes you could touch on with Starfire (as in, about her, not in relation to her).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really hoping for a large ensemble cast kind of like the Young Justice show.
    Honestly, I think the massive cast is on of the YJ cartoon's weaknesses, too many characters not enough time to develop or use them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Honestly, I think the massive cast is on of the YJ cartoon's weaknesses, too many characters not enough time to develop or use them properly.
    It's gotten really unwieldy since season 3 (but the cracks arguably started in season 2).

Yeah, Eve Ewing, writer of Champions (a team with more than a dozen members) has acknowledged (in the book's letters pages) that it can be difficult to strike the right balance with such a large cast. Once you get past eight people, you do start having some go out of focus. This new Titans book will have to be careful about that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier;
    So long as they can juggle said ensemble cast...
    Are twice-monthly books in fashion any more? That would be a big help with a large cast, but monthly... Yeah, you'll end up either with a small core cast and a bunch of seat-fillers, or a kind of rotating focus with some major characters not seen for months.

Interesting to see if they can pull it off!

I think they could take some cues from Academy X/New X-Men in terms of approach.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I think they could take some cues from Academy X/New X-Men in terms of approach.
    Maybe the older Titans could be included in Titans Academy as instructors of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Maybe the older Titans could be included in Titans Academy as instructors of some sort?
    I think that's supposed to be the dynamic they set up at the end of the last run.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe (2020-) #1 preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/05/dc...dc-universe-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Dark Nights: Death Metal: The Last Stories of the DC Universe (2020-) #1 preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/05/dc...dc-universe-1/
    Seeing just a straightforward version of Donna and Gar talking together is...nice. It's just nice .

Extraordinary Member

I think that's supposed to be the dynamic they set up at the end of the last run.
    Should they make an antagonist/villain school to rival them?

The Hive/Terror Titans/Teen Tyrants?????