Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Last stories of the DC Universe was pretty good imo. The Titans one was the stand out, except for the weird thing at end.

Screenshot_20201208-092733_Twitter.jpg

I'm thinking the familiar faces are not just the instructors...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Not sure how to feel about Titans Academy. It might be good, but I have doubts about introducing a whole new set of characters.
    Last edited by king81992; 12-08-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Not sure how to feel about Titans Academy. It might be good, but I have doubts about introducing a whole new set of characters.
    I guess they are trying to copy Strange Academy (a pretty succesful comic) that also introduced a whole new set of characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I guess they are trying to copy Strange Academy (a pretty succesful comic) that also introduced a whole new set of characters.
    Yeah, but Dr. Strange and all of the other teachers are in a better position than the entire Titans franchise.

Strange Academy works because its fun and I am worried that Titans Academy is going to become canon fodder. It already is considering what's going to happen in Future State.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I just don’t want a repeat of DEOrphans.

Do you guys remember that?
    Yes, I do and it started actually quite strong (but I will agree it went on too long and meandered)

Extraordinary Member

I think if it succeeds then they can break down the book into other that will focus and develop different groups and levels of titans, originals, Tim’s waves, the new class

Yeah, but Dr. Strange and all of the other teachers are in a better position than the entire Titans franchise.

Strange Academy works because its fun and I am worried that Titans Academy is going to become canon fodder. It already is considering what's going to happen in Future State.
    Titans Academy can be fun too tho.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I hope so. Titans hasn't been fun in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's just completely contrary to what I want the Titans to be. It matters to me that the Titans be made up equals (not teachers and students, which in inherently unequal) and not be subordinate or "trainee" or "junior Justice League." And this sounds like the exact opposite of that to me. Not saying it will necessarily be bad for what it is. But what it is is something that will (further) guarantee the Titans will not be seen again in the near-future as a top-tier team, where a hero is respected for just being a member or ever treated as an in-universe peer and fellow hero to a JLer. I really don't like Titans as something to be "graduated from." This, at a glance, seems to have a more YJ feel, which is explicitly a junior Justice League for people still in need of training.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It's just completely contrary to what I want the Titans to be. It matters to me that the Titans be made up equals (not teachers and students, which in inherently unequal) and not be subordinate or "trainee" or "junior Justice League." And this sounds like the exact opposite of that to me. Not saying it will necessarily be bad for what it is. But what it is is something that will (further) guarantee the Titans will not be seen again in the near-future as a top-tier team, where a hero is respected for just being a member or ever treated as an in-universe peer and fellow hero to a JLer. I really don't like Titans as something to be "graduated from." This, at a glance, seems to have a more YJ feel, which is explicitly a junior Justice League for people still in need of training.
    To be fair, it is pretty unlikely Titans will be seen as a top-tier team even without Titans Academy.

Currently, the idea that Titans is something you need to "graduate" seems to be pretty established on people's minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Currently, the idea that Titans is something you need to "graduate" seems to be pretty established on people's minds.
    I agree. I just think that's something that needs to be changed. And that that's the direction DC should work towards. I think it would benefit the franchise, long-term. And make the members less "disposable".

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'll wait to read so i can judge the work.

In my list of things i want, having fun reading the characters that i love is at the top and that's something i can't say i'm feeling often this past years.

After that, i can start worry about other stuff.

I'm fine with fun but I also want actual character development and meat to the stories (cough)Young Justice(cough).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with fun but I also want actual character development and meat to the stories (cough)Young Justice(cough).
    Young Justice wasn't fun at all.