Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It's just completely contrary to what I want the Titans to be. It matters to me that the Titans be made up equals (not teachers and students, which in inherently unequal) and not be subordinate or "trainee" or "junior Justice League." And this sounds like the exact opposite of that to me. Not saying it will necessarily be bad for what it is. But what it is is something that will (further) guarantee the Titans will not be seen again in the near-future as a top-tier team, where a hero is respected for just being a member or ever treated as an in-universe peer and fellow hero to a JLer. I really don't like Titans as something to be "graduated from." This, at a glance, seems to have a more YJ feel, which is explicitly a junior Justice League for people still in need of training.
    My thoughts exactly. It's just not the best direction for the older generation AND makes sure the younger gen aren't independent heroes like their mentors once were during Wolfman's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Young Justice wasn't fun at all.
    Well, at least not in a memorable way, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It's just not the best direction for the older generation AND makes sure the younger gen aren't independent heroes like their mentors once were during Wolfman's run.
    The YJ4 didn't necessarily feel less intendent to me in the Johns run, at least because it felt like the older Titans were trying to give them as much freedom as they felt they needed.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Donna and Roy having pictures is false advertising (Roy because he's still dead as far as I know and Donna because she's not listed in the synopsis).
    Sheridan confirmed at least Donna is part of the book and said 'it's complicated' when asked about Wally.

Astonishing Member

I dunno, I always enjoy intercharacter dynamics that haven't been explored and we can get that with Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Sheridan confirmed at least Donna is part of the book and said 'it's complicated' when asked about Wally.

Guess that indicates Wally's status quo is complicated.

But why even have a picture of Roy on a cover if he's not even in it?

#WallyIsRedX

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    #WallyIsRedX
    #WallaceIsRedX .

Astonishing Member

Man we just fucking uncomplicated it. There has literally not been a story with Wally since the uncomplication.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Speaking of Donna, I loved the Last Stories Titans tale. It was beautiful and Donna finally feels like the character she's supposed to be.

Also? Straight from Donna's mouth, the Justice League ain't shit.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

With a wink at the end of the tweet. Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    #WallaceIsRedX .
    Neither of the Wallys can be Red X, lol. They're both explicitly dead in Future State.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Neither of the Wallys can be Red X, lol. They're both explicitly dead in Future State.
    There might be multiple Red Xs. Hopefully the Titans Academy run leads to averting the bad future we see in Future State.

Why do characters like Dick even want to be teachers? There are loads of other issues with the concept. Like taking the agency away from the actual adult Titans and putting it on these new young characters preventing the older Titans again from being looked at as proper heroes, or filling a book with way too many characters at the start and spreading the story too thin, but why do characters like Dick, Cyborg, Raven and so on want to suddenly play teacher? Characters like Raven and Beast Boy were teens themselves just recently. Are they actually going to start teaching classes to these characters? None of them can even hold down a job, haha. Narratively it doesn't really make a lot of sense when they can't even form a functioning hero team but they are supposed to teach young heroes how to do it? The whole Titans team for years now is one of failure despite what Donna was saying in that Last Stories thing, which was a little cringe. Not a great base to build up a school and teach young heroes, imo. It feels more like a concept Batman would set up like he did in the YJ cartoon.

As for the Red X thing it feels like it has to be Damian. You are kind of left with 3 options with him. Either they never reveal who Red X is, but it doesn't make sense to teach someone they don't know anything about, so that one doesn't really make sense. Next is that it is some new original character, but wasting the Red X name for some OC that no one cares about is going to fail. Since it will be looked at as a let down. Finally it is a character we already know and Damian is really the only one that makes sense. Plus it fits with the whole original idea of Red X where he was Robin that disguised himself to fool his teammates. Apparently they said Red X will be an OC though or something? The Damian thing feels way too obvious I guess, but using an OC will fall flat for sure I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Why do characters like Dick even want to be teachers? There are loads of other issues with the concept. Like taking the agency away from the actual adult Titans and putting it on these new young characters preventing the older Titans again from being looked at as proper heroes, or filling a book with way too many characters at the start and spreading the story too thin, but why do characters like Dick, Cyborg, Raven and so on want to suddenly play teacher? Characters like Raven and Beast Boy were teens themselves just recently. Are they actually going to start teaching classes to these characters? None of them can even hold down a job, haha. Narratively it doesn't really make a lot of sense when they can't even form a functioning hero team but they are supposed to teach young heroes how to do it? The whole Titans team for years now is one of failure despite what Donna was saying in that Last Stories thing, which was a little cringe. Not a great base to build up a school and teach young heroes, imo. It feels more like a concept Batman would set up like he did in the YJ cartoon.

As for the Red X thing it feels like it has to be Damian. You are kind of left with 3 options with him. Either they never reveal who Red X is, but it doesn't make sense to teach someone they don't know anything about, so that one doesn't really make sense. Next is that it is some new original character, but wasting the Red X name for some OC that no one cares about is going to fail. Since it will be looked at as a let down. Finally it is a character we already know and Damian is really the only one that makes sense. Plus it fits with the whole original idea of Red X where he was Robin that disguised himself to fool his teammates. Apparently they said Red X will be an OC though or something? The Damian thing feels way too obvious I guess, but using an OC will fall flat for sure I think.
    I mean, having people who understand what you went through and grew up in the confines of the Titans family, I don't think it's unreasonable that they would want to give back to the next generation by being there for them as teachers and mentors.