Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    This makes me wonder if they'll have like a "sport Festival Arc" type storyline where they go against Ma Gunn and the Generation Outlaw kids. that would be cool to see and it would be a cool way of not making Titans Academy feel like a knock-off of the old school X-Men; it'll be a knock-off My Hero

also, have we seen the guy in the plaid before? i'm guessing the guy in the blue in the back is Dick, but i don't think the guy in plaid appears on the other cover.
    This reminds me of that Avengers Academy issue where those kids played sports against the Jean Grey Academy students.

Is it possible that Red X could be like the villain Phantasm in the animated movie and be a girl under the mask...

What am I saying, of course it's possible, it's just not likely.

What is the point of a mystery when you can eliminate half the class from the equation based on gender and build.

also, have we seen the guy in the plaid before? i'm guessing the guy in the blue in the back is Dick, but i don't think the guy in plaid appears on the other cover.
    How do we know the guy in the blue in the back is Dick? And no we do not know who the guy in the plaid is but why are we not assuming that he's the blonde kid?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Is it possible that Red X could be like the villain Phantasm in the animated movie and be a girl under the mask...

What am I saying, of course it's possible, it's just not likely.

What is the point of a mystery when you can eliminate half the class from the equation based on gender and build.

How do we know the guy in the blue in the back is Dick? And no we do not know who the guy in the plaid is but why are we not assuming that he's the blonde kid?
    well I'm guessing guy in blue is Dick because a) power ranger rules, Batfam tend to wear their primary color outside of costume and b) he appears to be an adult build and not just a large child like big Goth and Gorilla Greg. I assumed the kid in the tie is the blonde kid because his build looks more on the smaller and leaner side (closer to silver skin goth) than plaid shirt or blue shirt. everyone else is wearing their outfits from the other cover. I guess plaid could be blondie but the little we can see of him implies a wider build, could just be my eyes tho.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-26-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Why Dick would be part of the picture with the Inaugural Class? And without his costume? Those are all students.

Also:

The new kids from #TeenTitansAcademy wish everyone a very merry X-Mas.
    @iamtimsheridan @RafaSandoval75 @JordiTarragona6 @loquesunalex #2021
    Last edited by Drako; 12-27-2020 at 07:17 AM.

I'll try this new version of the Titans, but I'm not optimistic. I'm just not a fan of the Titans being about the teenagers anymore -- not since the advent of Young Justice. I'm a stickler old fan who want my Titans mainstays. I think they work better as a book that's more character based (still fighting major villains) while the JL is more plot based (little to none character development outside of inner-relationships within the team's dynamic).
    Dan Abnett had a great team to work with, it was just badly written.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah my first thought was Dick in blue too because that's the only color he wears these days, but it seems all of them are the students, because otherwise, Donna and the others will be there.

First volume's probably gonna be called Red-X

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yeah my first thought was Dick in blue too because that's the only color he wears these days, but it seems all of them are the students, because otherwise, Donna and the others will be there.

First volume's probably gonna be called Red-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why Dick would be part of the picture with the Inaugural Class? And without his costume? Those are all students.

Also:

The new kids from #TeenTitansAcademy wish everyone a very merry X-Mas.
    @iamtimsheridan @RafaSandoval75 @JordiTarragona6 @loquesunalex #2021
    do y'all not remember class pictures in school? the homeroom teachers are always in the picture next to the class. it doesn't require the full faculty nor do I think he would need to be suited and booted up, everyone is in civvies and it's just a picture with his class. if you remove blue shirt, the number of students lines up with the class (who are likely the principle focal point of the student body) on the other cover: Red X (who I'm assuming is plaid) and 8 others. then there is the build, blue shirt is clearly not meant to be an overly large character like the rest of the backrow, but he's notably bigger than the rest of the class; meaning he's likely meant to be drawn as an adult. there is also the fact that they don't appear to show a character of that stature in anything else related to Titans academy, and they are too big to be Red X (who we see is smaller than Dick, meaning likely smaller than Big Goth and Gorilla Greg) so they begs the question; what's the point of hiding blue shirt's existence until now?

hey, maybe I'm wrong and they are just a student that haven't popped up yet. I doubt it but it's all very small evidence pointing one way or the other and it's not like I havent been wrong before.¯\_('-' )_/¯ we'll see in time
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Well, it was stated that the kids on the cover were of course nee students but that that there were more that were new and old.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Has Kory had any occupation other than modeling? I know she enjoyed it back when and was very successful - did she make enough money to live off (if appropriately invested) for the rest of her life, do you think? I mean, if not traveling with Roy and Jason or having any sort of rent-free accommodations?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Has Kory had any occupation other than modeling? I know she enjoyed it back when and was very successful - did she make enough money to live off (if appropriately invested) for the rest of her life, do you think? I mean, if not traveling with Roy and Jason or having any sort of rent-free accommodations?
    ...I think she worked at an aquarium in her solo book? I'm 80% sure she did something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I think she worked at an aquarium in her solo book? I'm 80% sure she did something.
    Yep, Kory worked at an aquarium in her solo series. The Tamaranean ability to absorb language thru touch made her a natural.

This makes me wonder if they'll have like a "sport Festival Arc" type storyline where they go against Ma Gunn and the Generation Outlaw kids. that would be cool to see and it would be a cool way of not making Titans Academy feel like a knock-off of the old school X-Men; it'll be a knock-off My Hero

I'd very happily accept a MHA knockoff from the Titans right now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8