Page 189 of 750 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289689 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I feel the benefits for BP coming out later out weigh the benefits of him coming out sooner. Like, could you imagine what type of frakkery would of befallen him? He would be overshadowed in genius like banner, overshadowed in leadership and h2h, and tech wise taking a backseat to Tony. The only thing that may of been different is that he would likely primarily be showcasing his genius instead of Shuri. But again it would be like he was playing back up to h2h genius and tech to them all.
    Plus we dont know whats coming. We got at least one more team up movie.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I will say this. Marvel should want DC to do good and vice versa since every should be able to see their favorite characters shine and be treated properly. And it also causes the other company to try new things or improve on their process.

Healthy rivals drive improvement and success
    except the success of the MCU proves that's not true.

Spectacular Member

Sup yall, I'm a new fan to the BP character but ive done a good amount of research on the character so I don't feel like a total newb

Spectacular Member

I personally believe for the DCMU to be successful is by taking they're own time. They don't need to compete with the MCU that shouldn't be the goal, that was more of WB trying to force competition against a series of planned marvel movie ips. The competition aspect more so comes from the fans than the actual companies, personally I don't like live action adaptations of things like comic characters because they always feel watered down and pretty cheesy but the DCMU isn't out of the fight but the focus should be making good movies and not trying to compete with a company that planned this movie stuff out in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    except the success of the MCU proves that's not true.
    Would you say right now it's a healthy rivalry on the cinematic side? You should want your rivals to do good because every fan deserves to see their favorite heroes brought to life and be shown as great. Having healthy competition helps keep a company from getting too complacent.

Would you say right now it's a healthy rivalry on the cinematic side? You should want your rivals to do good because every fan deserves to see their favorite heroes brought to life and be shown as great. Having healthy competition helps keep a company from getting too complacent.
    again, that's not how it works.

1) I don't care about "rivalry." I just want good movies. Rivalry has nothing to do with that. Literally nothing.

2) ALL motion picture studios are in constant competition with all other studios. The super-hero sub-genre doesn't change that in any way.

3) Studios do not work to one up each other or look to each other for creative spurs. All of them want to dominate the field and crush the others. Disney is just currently the best sat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Sup yall, I'm a new fan to the BP character but ive done a good amount of research on the character so I don't feel like a total newb
    Welcome to the club

So is Coates still writing the book? lol

The way I see it, movies aren't a zero-sum game. You can like BOTH DC & Marvel, BOTH Star Wars & Star Trek, or even BOTH HP & LOTR.

The film industry is big enough for everyone.

I think the problem comes from the fact that comics ISN'T a large enough industry, so Marvel & DC fight for every crumb of a slowly shrinking pie. That simply doesn't translate to movies. Most of the people going to a movie really cares that BP & Aquaman have very similar plots... they just wanted a good time.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    So is Coates still writing the book? lol
    Yep. The universe likes him as the Black Panther writer so much they sent a pandemic to delay his last issue indefinitely.

I kid, I kid
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The way I see it, movies aren't a zero-sum game. You can like BOTH DC & Marvel, BOTH Star Wars & Star Trek, or even BOTH HP & LOTR.

I think the problem comes from the fact that comics ISN'T a large enough industry, so Marvel & DC fight for every crumb of a slowly shrinking pie. That simply doesn't translate to movies. Most of the people going to a movie really cares that BP & Aquaman have very similar plots... they just wanted a good time.
    Exactly, it doesn't have to be a one or the other deal. It's been like that for way too long, that goes outside of even specific genres too and just representation as a whole. In cinema everyone can have a piece of the pie

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

More than that, I think in the case of the movies marvel and dc actually help each other when they do well. I think comic movies are hot right now... and as long as that's the case it'll be beneficial to both.

But if we start consistently getting poorly performing comic book movies, the hype potentially goes away and it'll adversely effect comic movies across the board.

Incredible Member

This^

It's in the best interest to all if the genre thrives and is a success be it Marvel or DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Welcome to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yep. The universe likes him as the Black Panther writer so much they sent a pandemic to delay his last issue indefinitely.

I kid, I kid
    Well, the solo is gasping for air at this point. They put it on a ventilator and it's still dying.