Page 664 of 750 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No, I meant, "what transphobia has Wright displayed?". Sorry, I should have been more clear.
    My fault, I added the word "is" in my head. Lol.

I believe the video she liked or retweeted about vaccines had both climate denial and transphobia in it. But I haven't watched it so I'm going on what others posted.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    My fault, I added the word "is" in my head. Lol.

I believe the video she liked or retweeted about vaccines had both climate denial and transphobia in it. But I haven't watched it so I'm going on what others posted.
    This was a part of the video

https://mobile.twitter.com/803BG/sta...14773221613569

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Stark Expo...

The reigning face of the MCU has a public service announcement...

Trace the money and see how this former substance abusing felon kept this super hero industry afloat and was one of the main reasons Disney purchased Marvel in the first place!

If you got rid of everyone that did not hold your worldview dear to them you would have to fire every single member of The Avengers and a couple of Batman's while you are at it!

Christian... Muslim... Jew... Atheist... Scientologist... LGBTQ... Republican... Democrat... Whatever whatever... You are not obligated to uphold what the next guy sitting beside you does or wants to do!

And nor should you force people to your own agenda less they rebel and resist against you... I mean the world could always use yet another civil war right!

But keep alienating people and watch your wallet dry up baking in the sun of your own biases and intolerances!

You know how it is... Everybody's wrong but yourself!

Yibambe... Wakanda Forever!
    We have grown less tolerant of each other for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    To be fair I'm not saying she should get cancelled or whatever but she's spreading serious misinformation. The video she posted on Twitter is not by a health professional who's telling us to be skeptical. It's by a self proclaimed 'prophet' who obviously hasn't done any research and doesn't like the name of one of the enzymes used in the vaccine research. And all of her reasoning and his reasoning is "because Jesus" and as a Catholic stuff like this really pisses me off. Being religious doesn't mean you should immediately reject science. And I'm so tired of hyper-religious folks that take everything a bunch of men and books that have been proven again and again to have been mistranslated and misinterpreted at face value. God put us on this Earth to have free will and if you're a blind follower then you're doing it wrong.
    "my intention was not to hurt anyone, my ONLY intention of posting the video was it raised my concerns with what the vaccine contains and what we are putting in our bodies. Nothing else."

Don't worry dude, she is just trying to educate everyone! by posting a link from a "prophet"

Twitter was a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    It's not a good look to have an anti-vaxxer as head of your billion dollar franchise, but then again Disney has yet to do anything about Gina Carano(The Mandalorian) who is a outspoken right wing nutjob.
    TBF, Gina's stuff was already filmed when she went full idiot. And she (so far) has shown up for all of like 20 minutes of a TV show vs possibly maybe rumored to lead a billion dollar movie. It is a different type of heat and expectation

But this is social media, people will forget in about 18 hours. It is more disappointing that it appears the Letita is a grade A idiot. Like bruh.. the had an anti science anti vaxxer idiot play the premier science genius in the MCU. Oops.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-04-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Tom Cruise got huge backlash during that time period, it took years and years before he got back into the public's good graces and he did that by shutting up about Scientology in public and not bouncing off couches in every interview.
    That's what the people constantly ranting about Cancel Culture don't seem to understand. It's always existed. The terms used to be "blackballed" & "boycott."

Many actors & musicians were being cancelled long before the internet turned into some kind of boogeyman. Just ask the Dixie Chicks.

Incredible Member

Chris Pratt is doing just fine..
    Wright will be ok and let it be known a lot black folk support her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Chris Pratt is doing just fine..
    Wright will be ok and let it be known a lot black folk support her.
    Name something concrete Chris Pratt did other than join a stupid church people don't like?

Hell, Wrights fan base may have increased thanks to this! It is no different than the QAnon folks.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Next Black Panther new villain's name should be Luciferase, in honor of Letita

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Church. I don't know if we'll ever be as high as we once were to be honest.
    Depends on how you look at it. If they recast and keep the original script I think things’ll be ok. Few days of #Shuriwasrobbed on Twitter and a massive profit for Disney. T’Challa continues to be a marquee MCU character and joins the likes of Iron Man and Cap as a pillar of cinema. If they have Shuri take the reigns and Wright’s stupidity worsens along with the film being ass because it was pushed out ASAP, then it damages the brand for at minimum half a decade.

T’Challa doesn’t get a proper adaptation for 10-15 years and Shuri’s actress being an idiot is a cap on that character as well. So yea 2020 has been shitty for BP fans. And that’s not even getting into the state of BP comics. I’m not sure Disney has learned any lessons from Coates crapping the bed and we could get a Vita Ayala or Nnedi Okorafor on the main title, in which case I’ll legitimately be wondering if comic T’Challa will survives their run. Hopefully Redjack is planning to announce he’s got the solo and can lead T’Challa to greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And that’s not even getting into the state of BP comics. I’m not sure Disney has learned any lessons from Coates crapping the bed and we could get a Vita Ayala or Nnedi Okorafor on the main title, in which case I’ll legitimately be wondering if comic T’Challa will survives their run. Hopefully Redjack
    I'd rather see T'challa killed off in the first issue than see him be the whipping boy for people like Coates, Ayala, Gay, Nnedi for issue after issue again and agian. Just blow him up instead and bring him back in 5 years when someone actually wants to write him how he deserves.

Incredible Member

Imo if they want a female BP my pick wouldn't be Shuri or Okoye..
    Mhmmm MCU Nakia

I suppose the question I have to ask is, why do we expect people with these platforms to be any more learned, or susceptible to conspiracy theories and junk science in the first place than the average person in the first place, because they have money? Personally I feel that the MCU has contributed to our culture's superficial love of science anyway. Twitter has a short memory, I'm sure Trump will do something to make them all forget, until BP2 news is announced, then those tweets will rear their ugly heads once again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd rather see T'challa killed off in the first issue than see him be the whipping boy for people like Coates, Ayala, Gay, Nnedi for issue after issue again and agian. Just blow him up instead and bring him back in 5 years when someone actually wants to write him how he deserves.
    Nope, you know we gotta get A Nation Under Feet Part 2 lol. T’Challa moping and unsure of himself while Shuri and Midnight Angels do all the hard work of superheroing. T’Challa then sacrifices himself heroically after 10-12 issues and then we get a relaunch with Shuri. The press goes wild, people speculate, the first issue does numbers because of Twitter weirdos. By issue 5 we gets Coates numbers and in 2-3 years they bring T’Challa back. Maybe they share the mantle upon his return. I could honestly see this happening in the not so distant future. Marvel doesn’t know how to advance the BP franchise, I’m not putting anything past them lol.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This is the age of covid-19. Disney is atleast going to have a meeting about potentially proping up an anti vaxxer especially when this disease has hit the black community so hard. Thats a potential catastrophe. They care about money first and formost.
    At least????????? No they have already had that meeting.

With as much money as they have lost. If what she has done proves to be an issue-don't be shocked if Shuri gets recasted.

Like you said the black community has eaten this virus hard. And don't think no one has noticed the main sports with black folks are playing no matter how many infected they get. Who plays when all your Quarterbacks are out?
    At least the NBA & WNBA kept everyone in one place unlike Football.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I suppose the question I have to ask is, why do we expect people with these platforms to be any more learned, or susceptible to conspiracy theories and junk science in the first place than the average person in the first place, because they have money? Personally I feel that the MCU has contributed to our culture's superficial love of science anyway. Twitter has a short memory, I'm sure Trump will do something to make them all forget, until BP2 news is announced, then those tweets will rear their ugly heads once again.
    THe big problem is the audience. If people don't push back, hard, she just gets to spread BS prophet propaganda to millions.

Being talented at anything doesn't make you any less of a fool. Twitter just made it so these fools can talk to lots of people very fast.