Page 462 of 750 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    What does it matter how long it takes? Movies aren't a dying industry live music videos. Lol
    It DOES matter because look at what T'Challa the black panther did In 2018 that still affects things to this day? That was Chadwicks Cooglers hard work and vision that cause such a cultural movement. People gathered and the movie made 1.3 billion because people came in to see T'Challa the black panther on screen and powerful. They wanted more of his story and his world. He is not an ensemble franchise. His story should be told, and I'm telling you, of Shuri takes over, then when the reboot comes people will start fighting it claiming that the mythos is basically hers now because she has been the face of it for the past x amount of years. And it just continues to reinforce the idea that black males are expendable and their purpose is just to make way for Black females to just take over. Waiting your whole life for a positive inspiration like T'Challa to show up and Chadwick embodying that just for it to be out on the shelf out of "respect" for Chadwick doesn't feel genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It DOES matter because look at what T'Challa the black panther did In 2018 that still affects things to this day? That was Chadwicks Cooglers hard work and vision that cause such a cultural movement. People gathered and the movie made 1.3 billion because people came in to see T'Challa the black panther on screen and powerful. They wanted more of his story and his world. He is not an ensemble franchise. His story should be told, and I'm telling you, of Shuri takes over, then when the reboot comes people will start fighting it claiming that the mythos is basically hers now because she has been the face of it for the past x amount of years. And it just continues to reinforce the idea that black males are expendable and their purpose is just to make way for Black females to just take over. Waiting your whole life for a positive inspiration like T'Challa to show up and Chadwick embodying that just for it to be out on the shelf out of "respect" for Chadwick doesn't feel genuine.
    If Shuri takes over, the movie has to be good before any of that happens. If it's only Thor the DarkWorld or Iron Man 3 quality. I'm not worried about it. Lol

And my personal choice is Killmonger or M'Baku, two black males. They are good enough fighters that is would work easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'll say this about recasting T'Challa in the MCU...I personally think Disney SHOULD recast T'Challa. Because so far, he already "died" in his solo movie, then was "resurrected" later in the movie and reclaimed his kingdom, THEN died FOR REAL when he got snapped by Thanos in Infinity War, then got resurrected FOR REAL when he came back through the portal in End Game, thus regaining his kingdom. It would look extremely foolish for Disney to now kill the character off YET AGAIN and thereby have him lose his kingdom YET AGAIN. How many times are they going to kill this black man?

Also, if Disney does not recast T'Challa, then they would be setting up a dangerous precedence, because God forbid, what if other actors and actresses portraying major characters in the MCU pass away? Are they not going to recast those characters and kill those characters off as well, especially if those characters' story arcs aren't complete? If they do, it would look odd. If they don't recast T'Challa, but recast those other major characters, it would also look odd.

In addition, T'Challa himself in the MCU was/is a major inspiration to a lot of people because of the Black Panther movie, and I don't feel as though you permanently kill off a character like that, knowing how important he is to a lot of people, especially kids.
    This right here. Especially if other characters WERE recast and T'Challa wasn't. That would send a message that they don't give a frak about black males. And yeah there is the MCU precedent about T'Challa dying already
    several times.

And yeah like you said T'Challa is a huge inspiration for million's. AND he has the added benefit of inspiring young Black boys and girls as the same time with his cast. Dude people need to realize it's not such an easy task to replace him like people think nor is it smart for a multitude of reasons already explained in detail

Astonishing Member

People acting like a decade of Shuri as the face of the franchise won’t have any affect on the wider perception/use of Black Panther going forward are naive, simply put. The movie doesn’t have to be good, it has to make money, which it likely will. In the inevitable MCU reboot people (especially those hellbent on a black female lead at all costs) will say the franchise and mythos are hers now and that T’Challa shouldn’t even be in the films. There’ll be an expectation that Shuri be the default BP on video game rosters and in animation. Even if the comics don’t completely remove him if Shuri is seen as the face of the franchise among the general audience best believe there’ll be a shift in portrayal, paneltime, and usage in big crossovers. This is a business and the movies are what drives use in literally every medium.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-13-2020 at 04:07 PM.

If they don't recast MCU Panther, my Black Panther fandom may die with Chadwick.

BP's comics suck. He isn't in the limited Marvel video games yet and if he isn't int he movies anymore, they will stop even having him in DLC stuff. They will have the replacement.

I guess there might be a new cartoon eventually but there is nothing on the horizon. And even if there is a cartoon, they may just decide to use the replacement. Because they makes perfect business sense and I wouldn't blame them.

I would have nothing to look forward too in regards to BP fandom.

So basically, I would have my trades, one movie, EMH and Pantherjack, and some cameo movies. Id just be an old head talking abot the good ol days aka what... 2 whole ass years lol?

MCU Black Panther Franchise without T'challa isn't my thing. I saw T'chaka get blown up. So T'challa get stabbed and thrown off a water fall, say T'challa get disintegrated, and then I gotta sit through another movie about someone else taking the mantle because T'challa died again? Yeah no thanks.

If MCU Shuri was like comic shuri it would be easier to stomach but ****... MCU shuri ain't about that life so they would have to retool a character they already retooled just to make it fit. And then we get ANOTHER "live up to my dead relative" story. Joy. Can't wait. Maybe they can have Wakandan's fight over it in the movie too! because that would be exciting again!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    People acting like a decade of Shuri as the face of the franchise won’t have any affect on the wider perception/use of Black Panther going forward are naive, simply put. The movie doesn’t have to be good, it has to make money, which it likely will. In the inevitable MCU reboot people (especially those hellbent on a black female lead at all costs) will say the franchise and mythos are hers now and that T’Challa shouldn’t even be in the films. There’ll be an expectation that Shuri be the default BP on video game rosters and in animation. Even if the comics don’t completely remove him if Shuri is seen as the face of the franchise among the general audience best believe there’ll be a shift in portrayal, paneltime, and usage in big crossovers.
    You'd be a dummy NOT to replace T'challa in all media.

You'd have probably 3 movies with Shuri Panther + however many Avengers movies. You are talking 10 years of pumping out stuff with Shuri as the Panther. And you 100% cannot absolutely cannot kill Shuri off so she coudl theoretically be around a looooooooooooooooooong time

It would be an idiotic business decision not to write off T'challa 100%.

If you are too afraid to recast, which whatever I can see that argument, then you might as well right off the character completely and re-tool around Shuri. It just makes sense.

Sure, the comics would probably still hold on to Tchalla (maybe, they would try to write him out first) but comics is a very niche nostalgia based target audience. They don't really mean **** to someone like Disney.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    People acting like a decade of Shuri as the face of the franchise won’t have any affect on the wider perception/use of Black Panther going forward are naive, simply put. The movie doesn’t have to be good, it has to make money, which it likely will. In the inevitable MCU reboot people (especially those hellbent on a black female lead at all costs) will say the franchise and mythos are hers now and that T’Challa shouldn’t even be in the films. There’ll be an expectation that Shuri be the default BP on video game rosters and in animation. Even if the comics don’t completely remove him if Shuri is seen as the face of the franchise among the general audience best believe there’ll be a shift in portrayal, paneltime, and usage in big crossovers.
    I'm sure if Shuri does become Black Panther in the movies she'll get a stronger push, but frankly that's the point. T'CHalla or no T'Challa I do think the idea is for them to try and push her as a major player.

But for T'Challa, all that means is there will potentially be 2 Black Panthers. Just like there are 2 Spider-Men. Sure there will be voices arguing that Shuri should be hers just as there are people arguing that the franchise right now should solely be T'Challa's... but if Disney believes both are profitable they'll push both. That's best case scenario for them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm sure if Shuri does become Black Panther in the movies she'll get a stronger push, but frankly that's the point. T'CHalla or no T'Challa I do think the idea is for them to try and push her as a major player.

But for T'Challa, all that means is there will potentially be 2 Black Panthers. Just like there are 2 Spider-Men. Sure there will be voices arguing that Shuri should be hers just as there are people arguing that the franchise right now should solely be T'Challa's... but if Disney believes both are profitable they'll push both. That's best case scenario for them.
    I'm not saying it's a zero sum game, just that the franchise will be reoriented around 2 characters rather than 1 and that's new territory. Peter Parker's Spider-Man has been known for decades, he's gotten films before and is one of the top 2 biggest heroes on Earth. A second Spider-Man can co-exist because Peter has always and will always be the stable and indisputable core of the mythos.

Shuri taking on BP for a decade+ with a full trilogy and a big role in the Avengers while T'Challa has 1 film and 3 ensemble roles that vary from moderate to miniscule is not a fair comparison. T'Challa was not popular prior to the films and the perception of the franchise as a whole is governed by who and what is seen going forward in this period of the MCU. There will never be a generation that considers Miles the primary Spider-Man over Peter because Peter has been built up and had his place solidified (and keeps getting big roles). That won't happen if Shuri gets the mantle.

So yea at best we get two Black Panthers but then there's a legitimate discussion about who gets what. Black Panther can't sell a solo book by himself going by the Coates sales. So clearly both characters won't get a solo ongoing. If Shuri is BP for a decade in the movies, who gets the solo, her or T'Challa, who's been made a footnote in her MCU story? What about appearances in teams like the Avengers? Roles in comic crossovers that feature Wakanda? Or do they become a pair? In which case, who gets top billing and how does editorial ensure both get their due?

And that's just comics, which are by far the most irrelevant medium. In a fighting game roster, if Shuri's seen as the default BP for a generation of consumers, it makes all the business sense in the world for her to be the first Wakandan added to the roster. In a future Avengers game it'd make sense to have her be the Queen and have the BP-centric subplot placed around her. Because she's the one dominating the movies.

Sure, there can be two BP but there will inevitably be a shift in portrayal and usage that will skew towards Shuri because she will be the most known entity to general audiences with 3 solo films and 3-5 Avengers films. It's only good business to keep them both around but have her be the face while T'Challa takes a more secondary role in terms of more accessible mediums.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-13-2020 at 04:32 PM.

I don’t believe in, having a movie making a billion dollars is the only thing that’s important. BP was a good movie overall. And Marvel Alliance 3 is the best marvel game on any console. And on this game Black Panther is featured. He is also widely considered one of the best, if not the best character on your team for taking out bosses. He is a fixture on my team. And yea they should recast TChalla. Even though I’m really conflicted, given what happened to Boseman. I really wanted to see what he had for his second performance, because there was room for his character to grow the way he played it.

Chief and MoS have hit the nail on the head. If Shuri takes the reigns then that's the end of T'Challa as BP. Unless she utterly bombed, T'Challa would be as good as gone from the franchise forever. This whole "Honor T'Chadwick by retiring T'Challa or killing him is idiotic and would bury him away.

The problem with your logic about people arguing between the two. One had several decade's to the claim and the other doesn't even have a decade holding the title and hasn't even been around for 2 decade's. What's more profitable is T'Challa the BP and Shuri can wait or go her own path. T'Challa needs to be solidified first and foremost. It's his franchise and the fact people even think to argue that case is ridiculous and proves my point. Shuri in the comics should of taking her own moniker long before Coates came

Give T'Challa as BP 7 solo movies, thousands of comic issues, numerous animated series an other appearances on TV an then we can compare Spier-Man and BP.

T'Challa's story in the MCU is not complete and it shouldn't end with the death of Chadwick Boseman. That is dishonoring Chadwick more than anything imo.

Mighty Member

No T'Challa no money for a movie ticket from me.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Chief and MoS have hit the nail on the head. If Shuri takes the reigns then that's the end of T'Challa as BP. Unless she utterly bombed, T'Challa would be as good as gone from the franchise forever. This whole "Honor T'Chadwick by retiring T'Challa or killing him is idiotic and would bury him away.

The problem with your logic about people arguing between the two. One had several decade's to the claim and the other doesn't even have a decade holding the title and hasn't even been around for 2 decade's. What's more profitable is T'Challa the BP and Shuri can wait or go her own path. T'Challa needs to be solidified first and foremost. It's his franchise and the fact people even think to argue that case is ridiculous and proves my point. Shuri in the comics should of taking her own moniker long before Coates came
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree that this is some sort of zero sum game

Like I said, I think Disney will continue to push both regardless of what Coogler decides because I think they will rightfully believe they can profit from both. T'Challa already proved he can make money, so he's fine. Just like Iron Man and Captain America will be fine despite their characters being written out of the movies. T'CHalla will be the same way, because T'CHalla has already proven his value as an IP. If Shuri does the same, then that just means they have 2 valuable IP's instead of one.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP's comics suck.!
    I kind of disagree. One of his recent runs that I read was pretty good. But it was him featured with other characters tagging along. It wasn’t Agents of Wakanda though. I forgot which one it was. Get a Christopher Priest back on Panther and it will start cookin again.

Astonishing Member

This is why in hindsight it was a poor decision not to transition Shuri into her own identity instead of making her Black Panther. I get why Hudlin did it, as it made sure she was never forgotten, but it really did stunt her development and open up the way to this kind of stuff. It signaled that the greatest peak her character can reach is taking T'Challa's spot. You compare that to Nightwing, who built a superhero career independent of just being known as the heir apparent to the Batman mantle.

Meanwhile Shuri's spent nearly half(?) her publication history in her brother's role and in her first solo ongoing a good bit is spent with her as the BP (though she does decide to go her own way). Coates to his credit has tried to make her more distinct but these efforts are too new, too disconnected from what people are seeing in the MCU, and too poorly implemented to gain any traction. Shuri as a character needed to evolve but hasn't yet.