Page 357 of 750 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 11243

Walmart announces free drive-in movie screenings of Black Panther, LEGO Batman, E.T., and more

https://ew.com/movies/walmart-free-d...black-panther/

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    So that one preview page was it?
    Action wise, pretty much lol

Just same monologue stuff throughout. Nothing major .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Walmart announces free drive-in movie screenings of Black Panther, LEGO Batman, E.T., and more

https://ew.com/movies/walmart-free-d...black-panther/

Action wise, pretty much lol

Just same monologue stuff throughout. Nothing major .
    Whole event is converstations, but not in a good way like say with "Watchmen"(even then the only ones I liked were Manhattan and Rorschach). And the action is not making up for it. lol
    Last edited by Cville; 08-05-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Whole event is converstations, but not in a good way like say with "Watchmen"(even then the only ones I liked were Manhattan and Rorschach). And the action is not making up for it. lol
    I dn't have much background knowledge but so far, this whole event is just another invasion of aliens but the aliens like plants so far lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Empyre 4 spoilers (nothing major)

spoilers:
    basically it is the preview except T'challa thinks about simply radiating all the land thus making it pointless for plants. he decides against it because th ebad guys will just go elsewhere and wakanda would be screwed

he said the true priority is "peace"... and it was emphasized. Interesting wording.

Bad guys remark about how good Wakanda defenses/T'challa is. more telling with no showing though.

IDK if it was T'challa who sent Shulk/Mantis/Invisible Woman/Grimm but they end up where the leaders are

She-Hulk isn't the real She Hulk and is bad. strongest players removed from the field according to bad guys

end of spoilers
    Yeah I agree with this what gets me though is

spoilers:
    They say Wakanda won the fight or still stands and T'Challa is this great strategist, they also throw in a one off line about brute force and telepathy getting through their defense but all fo this should be easily countered by Wakanda, this isn't the first time they have faced such enemies. Also going back to it, showing Wakandans getting their ass beat abd then TELLING us that T'Challa is doing a great job routing their forces with his plans is... Off
    end of spoilers

I wish they showed more of T'Challa doing what they are claiming. I mean is that so hard?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

I wish they showed more of T'Challa doing what they are claiming. I mean is that so hard?
    Because not everyone supports Black Panther it seems. You have to really ask Marvel-as yall really scared of unfans (gators included) that you can't show a competent black male or an African nation taking on and beating up aliens?

Same question DC has to be asked. There is just too much lip service.

I've read no tie in and don't relaly plan to

How is the rest of Earth doing against the plant people?

Is Wakanda really doing better or is it lip service? Are the other heroes getting wrecked or what?

Ultimate Member

Is Wakanda really doing better or is it lip service? Are the other heroes getting wrecked or what?
    90% of Marvel is in New York.

The Inhumans don't exist because Marvel is pandering to a "stormy" franchise.
    New Jersey-not even the governor of New Jersey goes there.
    Doom, Namor & Thor don't have to worry about invasions.

Yeah I agree with this what gets me though is

spoilers:
    They say Wakanda won the fight or still stands and T'Challa is this great strategist, they also throw in a one off line about brute force and telepathy getting through their defense but all fo this should be easily countered by Wakanda, this isn't the first time they have faced such enemies. Also going back to it, showing Wakandans getting their ass beat abd then TELLING us that T'Challa is doing a great job routing their forces with his plans is... Off
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Sad part is Ewing had a built in stratagey that he didn't use. She Hulk was behind the lines. She could have planted some seeds that forced Wakanda to fight hand to hand. Instead we get unproven exposition. Lol.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Sad part is Ewing had a built in stratagey that he didn't use. She Hulk was behind the lines. She could have planted some seeds that forced Wakanda to fight hand to hand. Instead we get unproven exposition. Lol.
    end of spoilers
    For me it's this simple thing.

Atleast JA took the time to explain why Wakanda vs the super skrulls came for. To h2h and no tech. Here writer's are so focused on getting through the plot that they just throw in whatever weak ass explanation to get to fisticuffs instead of actually showing us how they did it. And what would make the cotati seem more dangerous would actually be to show wakandan tanks, prowlers, dragon fliers etc.. in the background fighting as that drives this force is deadly that it requires all of Wakandas full might to drive them back.

But hey what Ewing present works just as well too

For me it's this simple thing.

Atleast JA took the time to explain why Wakanda vs the super skrulls came for. To h2h and no tech. Here writer's are so focused on getting through the plot that they just throw in whatever weak ass explanation to get to fisticuffs instead of actually showing us how they did it. And what would make the cotati seem more dangerous would actually be to show wakandan tanks, prowlers, dragon fliers etc.. in the background fighting as that drives this force is deadly that it requires all of Wakandas full might to drive them back.

But hey what Ewing present works just as well too
    The Tie in that got cancelled probably explained it

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because not everyone supports Black Panther it seems. You have to really ask Marvel-as yall really scared of unfans (gators included) that you can't show a competent black male or an African nation taking on and beating up aliens?

Same question DC has to be asked. There is just too much lip service.
    It's worth speculating that the stuff they only talked about in the main book would have been shown on the cancelled 3 part Invasion of Wakanda mini. But I guess we'll never know for sure.

In the least, it's fair to say Wakanda was doing better than everyone else until their force field failed.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

This issue didn't even explain what T'Challa wanted Excelsior for

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This issue didn't even explain what T'Challa wanted Excelsior for
    He could have used it the same way Teddy did to wipe out the plant people. But it would have destroyed all the vegetation in Wakanda too.

In other words he asked Teddy for it with half a plan. Lol

He could have used it the same way Teddy did to wipe out the plant people. But it would have destroyed all the vegetation in Wakanda too.

In other words he asked Teddy for it with half a plan. Lol
    It's still a viable option though, if nothing else but a last resort. Given the choice between that, the plant people conquering the universe, and the sun blowing up it's the lesser of evils if they run out of options.

As this is a comic book I'm sure they'll find option D just in a nick of time... but until that happens if you're T'Challa you probably would rather have the option to use the sword than not have it.