Page 568 of 750 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572578618668 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Too cool.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Speaking of which, I would like to see a Wakanda home-grown super team, outside of Vibraxas. I like to think Wakanda might have a few mutants, Inhumans, mutates (science experiments gone wrong), Eternals, etc. Earth has so many off-shoots of humanity.

Such a team would work given T'Challa's history of secrecy.

Also, it would make sense if black super beings around the world reached out to T'Challa, and received some sort of asylum.

It is canon that BP is Sam Wilson's armorer. Luke Cage would put in any work for BP on the drop of a dime. Monica got starry eyed when BP gave her a pep talk. It was discussed how BP is Sync's favorite hero. I'm waiting for the story where James Rhodes gets armor from T'Challa. I'm waiting for Night Thrasher to meet up with BP. I don't know if Rage is still alive, but it would have made sense if he went to Wakanda after the turmoil experienced in America.

T'Challa is not only the king of the most technologically advanced nation, but has the ear of over a dozen black super beings.

Why no one thought of a story where black mutants would seek asylum with T'Challa instead of Charles Xavier is beyond me.

Imagine the world leaders, particularly Doom, having a panic attack after discovering that a small, but powerful, group of black super-beings became Wakandan citizens.

I'm sure other fans have thought of this, too.
    Marvel doesn't do that because it would make T'Challa competent and not many writers can capture that lol. A Shuri-led Wakandan super/espionage team is what World of Wakanda should've been. T'Challa playing that Batman in Young Justice role, providing missions, coordinating strategy in the shadows, and sometimes entering the field when things get rough. Shuri, Vibraxas, Okoye, Muti, and a wildcard like MCU M'Baku or a Nuhuman could definitely be a match for at least for the B-list Marvel superhero teams.

And T'Challa should be played up as a leader of the black hero community. He may put Wakanda first but even Coates has had him call out Wakandans' lack of identification with the black experience, saying "they consider themselves a race unto themselves." The guy spent some time studying abroad and worked as a teacher in Harlem, he's a humanitarian who understands the perception of him as the wealthiest and most competent black man in the MU, with even Luke Cage putting him on a pedestal. He doesn't need to be THE leader, but I agree he should be out here giving perks to black heroes like Sam or Monica. Though I think in general they should be playing up T'Challa as a leader of the MU which they've kinda tried to do.

For you BP artists in training...

Get Hectic!

Speaking of which, I would like to see a Wakanda home-grown super team, outside of Vibraxas. I like to think Wakanda might have a few mutants, Inhumans, mutates (science experiments gone wrong), Eternals, etc. Earth has so many off-shoots of humanity.

Also, it would make sense if black super beings around the world reached out to T'Challa, and received some sort of asylum.

It is canon that BP is Sam Wilson's armorer. Luke Cage would put in any work for BP on the drop of a dime. Monica got starry eyed when BP gave her a pep talk. It was discussed how BP is Sync's favorite hero. I'm waiting for the story where James Rhodes gets armor from T'Challa. I'm waiting for Night Thrasher to meet up with BP. I don't know if Rage is still alive, but it would have made sense if he went to Wakanda after the turmoil experienced in America.

T'Challa is not only the king of the most technologically advanced nation, but has the ear of over a dozen black super beings.

Why no one thought of a story where black mutants would seek asylum with T'Challa instead of Charles Xavier is beyond me.

Imagine the world leaders, particularly Doom, having a panic attack after discovering that a small, but powerful, group of black super-beings became Wakandan citizens.

Wakanda historially isn't the most welcoming place for outsides. Even Gentle, who actually is Wakandan, had some issues due to his father not being Wakandan. That said, such conflicts would be why such a story would be worth telling. Maybe during this whole Krakoa thing a few mutants will try and seek asylum in Wakanda.

In the Hunt they did reveal that Wakanda has it's own school for gifted youngers. So there is in theory a place where a mutant or methuman can go in Wakanda.

Class is still in session...

Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Marvel doesn't do that because it would make T'Challa competent and not many writers can capture that lol. A Shuri-led Wakandan super/espionage team is what World of Wakanda should've been. T'Challa playing that Batman in Young Justice role, providing missions, coordinating strategy in the shadows, and sometimes entering the field when things get rough. Shuri, Vibraxas, Okoye, Muti, and a wildcard like MCU M'Baku or a Nuhuman could definitely be a match for at least for the B-list Marvel superhero teams.

And T'Challa should be played up as a leader of the black hero community. He may put Wakanda first but even Coates has had him call out Wakandans' lack of identification with the black experience, saying "they consider themselves a race unto themselves." The guy spent some time studying abroad and worked as a teacher in Harlem, he's a humanitarian who understands the perception of him as the wealthiest and most competent black man in the MU, with even Luke Cage putting him on a pedestal. He doesn't need to be THE leader, but I agree he should be out here giving perks to black heroes like Sam or Monica. Though I think in general they should be playing up T'Challa as a leader of the MU which they've kinda tried to do.
    See, you thought up stuff I did not consider. It would explain why so few heavy duty black super beings are not known, they live Wakanda (or given training & a new identities).

If the average black human can get shot by the police in their own home, consider the anxiety of a black super human. I'd be bugging Edwin Jarvis to get me in contact with BP to apply for asylum.

BP being a top tier world leader was on full display during Priest's arc where Wakanda was on the brink of war with Atlantis.

Crazy how little imagination goes into the character.

Imagine a maxi-series where, like the clip below, a small but potent gathering of black super-beings of various nationalities, off-shoots of humanity, tech-based, enhanced, mutant, and power-sets in between all gathered to the service of King T'Challa.

I would trust Hudlin to serve as the editor of the story.

If X-Men has an island run by a council with mass murderers (Magneto & Apocalypse), terrorists (Mystique), and those who have committed crimes against nature (fans are actually celebrating villains like Sinister), then I don't see why we can't get a black cook-out. Naturally, one person shall not be invited. I'd invite Iron Fist, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Wakanda historially isn't the most welcoming place for outsides. Even Gentle, who actually is Wakandan, had some issues due to his father not being Wakandan. That said, such conflicts would be why such a story would be worth telling. Maybe during this whole Krakoa thing a few mutants will try and seek asylum in Wakanda.

In the Hunt they did reveal that Wakanda has it's own school for gifted youngers. So there is in theory a place where a mutant or methuman can go in Wakanda.
    Wakanda has two non-native Queens. We all love the one from South Africa, not so much the one from New York. Hunter is obviously not a native, but adheres to the old ways. Peter Parker got cornrows in Wakanda, IIRC. I don't think they treated Wyatt Wingfoot too badly.

T'Challa has been inviting foreigners over for years.

I'm sure every Wakandan has to smirk whenever Captain America throws his mighty shield. I'm sure Wakandans smiles when Sam Wilson had the shield, and the wings.

It all depends on the writing.

I forgot about the Wakanda school. So much room is open to explore further possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I posted an unfinished version of this pic earlier:

T'Challa with Spear of Bashenga.

Attachment 101459
    Amazing......

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So figures aren't that big of a help huh. Oh well, I've been improving on my proportions and will just look at other pics to get the faces down pat.
    Well let me be clear, it didn't work for ME, they might work better for you for sure, it could very well be the figure I have, as there are knew they have better, more defined features and more mobility to shape and position them. There were some anime/manga type figures that I thought about getting, but my wife chose a different style for me, and it just doesn't work out. But try it if you were thinking about it. Sometimes I wish I had a figure in front of me that i could position the way I want to draw something in my head

The funny thing, for me, is that it was Emma, not BP, that diminished Storm on the X-Men pecking order. Historically, it was Jean, Storm, and Kate who were the main ladies of the franchise. Emma blew up when Grant Morrison elevated Emma from Generation X to X-Men. Even with Chris Claremont writing her, the reign of Frost had begun.

So, it made sense to ship Storm off to the BP. BP found her American family, joined the FF with her, became an Avenger, and had adventures as husband & wife. The time with BP was great for her, imo.

After the Joss Whedon run, Emma & Kate became more a combo than Kitty & Storm.

I honestly don't see Storm ever getting her old clout back. X-writers love snow-bunnies. Emma used to be Storm's arch-rival, not named Callisto.

It's hilarious that Emma bed-hopping with Cyclops proved more lucrative than Storm bed-hopping with Wolverine.

It would be funny as hell to see Emma & BP bond in some form, or fashion.

Unless the MCU cleans this mess up, I hope BP does a little self-introspection, and find his inner Nino Brown.
    I would rather it be similar to JAs original sin, I wouldn't want T'Challa actively pursuing Emma, but her interested in him, something like she is coming onto him (and after T'Challa gives a ice cold speech to T'Challa telling her he is done with her) later ob Storm walks in on Emma twerking on T'Challa and he's just chillin, and he doesn't say much, and continues on business as usual

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

Yeah... I wouldn't take anything gentle had to say, given he is an x creation with the sole purpose of being created to isht on Wakanda

Hell, I would appoint you the official point man/editor for all things BP just on the modest listing of concepts you put on here. They include a little bit of many of all of our ideas for what should be in the BPverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah... I wouldn't take anything gentle had to say, given he is an x creation with the sole purpose of being created to isht on Wakanda
    Lol, right ya boy is hella tainted for as I'm concerned. Let's see someone that got balls, and not so passive. He seems the type to believe silly notions about his own kind. Like a mild black republican, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The only way that character could be redeemed in my eyes is if it's revealed that he was a Wakandan spy on Krakoa lol. Now that I think about it, we know that Wakandan mutants are apparently using the gates, it'd be nice if some of them were undercover and working to investigate what's happening on the island. Hell, Muti's powers are suspiciously a fine fit for this type of job since he can manipulate technological and biological systems, if there's anyone that could hack Krakoa it'd be him. Alas, that would require the X-office showing T'Challa as proactive and competent, so it won't happen. He's gonna operate on the good faith of a Quiet Council led by Magneto and Apocalypse until mutant armies overrun the kingdom lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, right ya boy is hella tainted for as I'm concerned. Let's see someone that got balls, and not so passive. He seems the type to believe silly notions about his own kind. Like a mild black republican, lol.
    Gentle was such a missed opportunity. You got this xenophobic African civilization home to some of the greatest warriors on planet Earth, this over 10,000 year old kingdom with some of the greatest tech in the MU. And your representative of this nation is a passive, scrawny ass sick kid? Who's biracial because the X-office didn't have the balls to say Wakanda was anti-mutant? Who turns into a weird black Hulk with damn near no martial arts skill or advanced tech? Gentle should've been a young Namor, the opposite of Storm when she got on the X-Men lol. But he's so nondescript and disconnected from the badassery Wakanda is known for that he honestly should've just come from somewhere else in Africa.