Page 514 of 750 FirstFirst ... 14414464504510511512513514515516517518524564614 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa's anti-telepathy doesn't involve tech. His telepathy resistance is a part of his mental training.

The problem right now is that BP has too many attributes that are all disjointed and some writer comes along and want's to add their own ability that's almost unrelated to anything he's done before.

All of Spidey's abilities stem from being bit by the rad-spider

All of Cap's abilities come from the SSS

DD - radioactive gunk took his senses to the nth level.

T'Challa? Some come from the suit, some are innate, some are mystic. It's just scattershot and they need to be under one umbrella. it doesn't even have to be the KotD isht.

Like we keep saying about his tech weapons, some things need to be standard and travel from solo to solo. Other writers can build upon that but we need a standard from which they are coming from.
    Yea his powers are all over the place because he's a hodge podge of different elements. He's part Cap, part Tony, part Iron Fist so it's hard to keep track of what is what with him. The suit should take care of the Force push and energy daggers, KoTD handles all mystical stuff (whatever that entails), Shadow Physics is everything else.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I still don't like this "bloodline of Bashenga" thing. I don't need all the hundreds of BPs in over 10k years to be part of a single family. I'd rather there was multiple dynasties and that Wakandans all had an equal shot of taking the throne.

But I agree KoTD needs a revamp. The title alone is too good to die. Just let the MCU get ahold of it and give it some semi-magical powers and it's viable lol.
    FWIW, statistically speaking, most people in Wakanda are probably related to Bashenga.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I will fight people to the grave about the poisonous HSH

That comes from ONE SOURCE IN THE COMICS. And it was lying ass unreliable narrator killmonger.

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...-is-toxic.html
    I'd like you to meet someone.....

BANNED

Bp fans have allowed for a tamed / de-powered hero. Mystic power is African in origin. Why deny BP these abilities unless the creators want him to be pacified? Dr. Strange should NOT be more powerful than BP.

It’s unusual for BP fans to complain when y’all MFs are so quick to forsake actual-factual-cultural & historic evidence.

CAB played the role of THOTH (MUN-TU) in Gods of Egypt (Thoth is the father of "Spells") YOU TEACH YOUR CHILDREN HOW TO... SPELL

Eight mystical spells and powers used by Doctor Strange in Avengers Infinity War

We can prove historically that Dr. Strange should not be as powerful as BP. But BP fans don’t want to upset nerds & biased fan-boys. There is a dark-side to this comic-book ish.

Why do y’all think people (like Muad’Dib) fight so hard for the characters? Because you all have accepted Mediocracy.

Do y’all really want the best for our hero or do you want to get along to get by? I’m callin’-out employees @ these companies & I’m putting them on blast! Even @ the risk of my own creative endeavors (not really, I’m the best of the best)

They better put their heads down in shame when I bring-up WWO. It's not about the $$$$$. We want respect not cash.

“BP fans are the worst “ – some random comic-fan
    Last edited by Paul Muad'Dib; 10-01-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea his powers are all over the place because he's a hodge podge of different elements. He's part Cap, part Tony, part Iron Fist so it's hard to keep track of what is what with him. The suit should take care of the Force push and energy daggers, KoTD handles all mystical stuff (whatever that entails), Shadow Physics is everything else.
    The thing is, in a WAY everything does come from a single place ... Tchallas himself (aside from his enhanced stats). Because he's good at a lot of things, it comes off as a hodge lodge, but it's all basically him reflected in one manner or another.

I think he should have the means to take out just about anyone, even on the fly. But as his standard, I think he should be Spiderman level, that’s more than respectable power imo. Right around that low mid tier, which is pretty much where he is. I don’t think being overpowered makes a character better for the most part.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, in a WAY everything does come from a single place ... Tchallas himself (aside from his enhanced stats). Because he's good at a lot of things, it comes off as a hodge lodge, but it's all basically him reflected in one manner or another.
    Yea I don't mean hodge podge in a negative way, the guy just has a lot of tools in the toolbox, as he should with the position he holds. It's just as fans we obviously want everything conclusively explained in terms of their origins or exact capabilities, which is also a fair expectation for good storytelling.

Some writers will do a better job than others at going into detail (like Priest) while others will be a bit more vague and focused on a particular moment in time (Aaron). Both have their upsides and downsides, it kinda falls to us to make our own headcannon of how everything fits together. It all contributes to making T'Challa more well-rounded so it's not a big thing for me unless it's poorly/underutilized (Please, I just want someone to make KoTD work lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think he should have the means to take out just about anyone, even on the fly. But as his standard, I think he should be Spiderman level, that’s more than respectable power imo. Right around that low mid tier, which is pretty much where he is. I don’t think being overpowered makes a character better for the most part.
    That's about where I'd peg T'Challa on a regular day with standard gear. He should be able to hold his own against Spider-Man, which is adequate place to be for a hero. He should be able to scale much higher depending on the threat and have a variety of skills, but standard T'Challa being Spider-Man level is solid. Like I said, his bread and butter should be top tier martial arts w/ claws and kinetic energy absorption along with energy daggers. Kimoyo beads, KoTD, Shadow Physics should all be circumstantial or supplementary.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay we got:

Shadow Physics
    Shadow Combat
    King of the Dead

Has there been any kind of situation where all of these were used simultaneously?

If you want to save the KotD shtick it's simple: put all of these other abilities along with a few others under the KotdD heading.

Shadow Combat
    Force Push
    Consecrated Napalm
    Shadow Physics
    Limited Teleportation
    Telepathy Proof

Just say that he has these abilities and the habit is used to harness some of those powers.

Didn't T'Challa develop Shadow Physics before he became King of The Dead, way back during DoomWar? (Yep, I brought up the dreaded DoomWar).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I dont think hes controlling it. It just won't voluntarily hit him.
    This article suggests that he is controlling it, but I haven't read the entire Avengers issue so I don't know what else Black Panther did or did not do with the hammer:

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-black-p...l%20over%20it.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    The fact that he scales is one of the cool things about him. He can deal with street level to cosmic and everything in between. You can literally use him in any story with the appropriate tweaks. Anything above Spiderman and you can't really do that.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

What the hell is concecrated napalm?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    What the hell is concecrated napalm?
    Similar to Holy Water. It napalm, but a priest or shaman blessed it.

And since Tchalla is the pope of the panther tribe, he probably did it himself. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Similar to Holy Water. It napalm, but a priest or shaman blessed it.

And since Tchalla is the pope of the panther tribe, he probably did it himself. Lol
    When did this happen?

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The fact that he scales is one of the cool things about him. He can deal with street level to cosmic and everything in between. You can literally use him in any story with the appropriate tweaks. Anything above Spiderman and you can't really do that.
    Right. And there are certain people where he’s got their number anyway because of weakness to Vibranium. Like Colossus who turns into a human when he comes in contact with it. And Luke Cage that Panther already beat.