Page 634 of 750 FirstFirst ... 134534584624630631632633634635636637638644684734 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 11243
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I think so
    If this is true I'll be ecstatic because it likely means Junta gets a slight push in the comics. The MCU is pretty much the only reliable way to push classic BP rogues to the forefront, as I highly doubt Junta makes another comic appearance unless he gets put in a movie. Coogler probably doesn't care much about what happens in the comics (as long as they have enough material for him to mine) but he'd be doing god's work if we could get a live action Zanda or Baron Macabre.

I'm going to wait until more concrete info comes out but I'm sorry if T Challa is killed off or replaced as panther I'll likely will not be watching. I will only except a new person under the mantle after t challa gets three solo movies as the main.

I'm sure this sounds like sour grapes to all the Casual fans out there who just want to see a black woman elevated as we all do. But we really need to remind people that what they're trying to kill and replace is the first black superhero ever and his name was Tchalla.

Marvel may as well make Tchalla the new Phoenix so that he can forever live on in our hearts while Shuri takes over
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-20-2020 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The usual suspects- fake woke, Unfans, folks who HATE Ryan Coolger and the folks who want BLue Marvel since Panther was not man enough to them.

Endgame say HI. We don't know who else may have came back from the snap or might have been accidently resurrected.

Along with all that time traveling-who might have hitched a ride. Like a younger T'Challa or Killmonger or even a Miles.
    End game means nothing because ryans script should of been finished and he was writing it to continue T'Challas story, and if anything, EG further cement's Shuri wasn't taking the mantle because she was dead with T'Challa. And I doubt Eriks coming back as BP, the mention of him was likely in the ancestral plane. He should not come back and be Bp. It cheapens his death

Extraordinary Member

But we really need to remind people that what they're trying to kill and replace is the first black superhero ever and his name was Tchalla.
    In-universe however blue marvel would be marvel's first black superhero.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Tenoch Huerta is being eyed to play one of the antagonists, not the main one.

I'm surprised they're apparently moving into production so fast. I don't know how I feel about that, but if Coogler has finished his script and the production delay is only a few months, they could be recasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    I'm going to wait until more concrete info comes out but I'm sorry if T Challa is killed off or replaced as panther I'll likely will not be watching. I will only except a new person under the mantle after t challa gets three solo movies as the main.
    The problem is once you say that, some people will try and use mental gymnatics to say that "You are sexist if you do not watch this because a female is finally Black Panther" and all other crap like that.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The problem is once you say that, some people will try and use mental gymnatics to say that "You are sexist if you do not watch this because a female is finally Black Panther" and all other crap like that.
    I really think you guys should start paying less attention to this. Easier said than done, I know. But it's a large reason why I'm not on Twitter.

Incredible Member

Shuri having a more prominent role isn't the same as having the lead role. Anyway, Marvel better recast. I'd be interested to see who Coogler picks. If there's no T'Challa I'm not watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Tenoch Huerta is being eyed to play one of the antagonists, not the main one.

I'm surprised they're apparently moving into production so fast. I don't know how I feel about that, but if Coogler has finished his script and the production delay is only a few months, they could be recasting.
    Yeah this is all weird.

If they weren't recasting and pushing Shuri or M'baku or whatever into the new BP role, Coogler would have to re-write the script. Which means there is no way he could still be on time? Getting blindsided plus the grieving and he already re-wrote the whole movie?

Plus with the whole film slate being pushed back, I am shocked they are on time?

Weird news all around and I don't know how to take it.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Naw, this is an easy push back.

I wouldn't care about Spider-Man: Homecoming if Parker died and Ned took the mask.

I wouldn't care who is Sorcerer Supreme if it isn't Strange and the lead character was Wong.

I personally don't care about Iron Man if it isn't Stark.

I personally wouldn't care about Thor 2 if Loki picked up the hammer.

ect

and I definitely wouldn't care if this happened off screen with no real plot development towards it to make me care.

I don't care if it is Shuri, Mbaku, Nakia, Killmonger, Okoye ect. If it isn't T'challa, i don't have interest.

If they rebrand the movie as "World of Wakanda"... I still don't have interest lol

I care about T'challa, the Black Panther. That is why I always say this and am adamant about it. You don't have to be a "because T'challa is black, I hav eto like all of Wakanda and everything it stands for!" F that, I like tchalla lol. Wakanda is a prop and its side characters are a prop to T'challa. FOR ME.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw, this is an easy push back.

I wouldn't care about Spider-Man: Homecoming if Parker died and Ned took the mask.

I wouldn't care who is Sorcerer Supreme if it isn't Strange and the lead character was Wong.

I personally don't care about Iron Man if it isn't Stark.

I personally wouldn't care about Thor 2 if Loki picked up the hammer.

ect

and I definitely wouldn't care if this happened off screen with no real plot development towards it to make me care.

I don't care if it is Shuri, Mbaku, Nakia, Killmonger, Okoye ect. If it isn't T'challa, i don't have interest.

If they rebrand the movie as "World of Wakanda"... I still don't have interest lol

I care about T'challa, the Black Panther. That is why I always say this and am adamant about it. You don't have to be a "because T'challa is black, I hav eto like all of Wakanda and everything it stands for!" F that, I like tchalla lol. Wakanda is a prop and its side characters are a prop to T'challa. FOR ME.
    Yup. I might watch if it was titled Techno Jungle. But only if they made it a horror film.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I really think you guys should start paying less attention to this. Easier said than done, I know. But it's a large reason why I'm not on Twitter.
    There is nothing good on twitter as a whole. Nothing.

Only serves a purpose during the NBA trade deadline and NBA free agent signing period lol. Woj bombs

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    If there's no T'Challa I'm not watching.
    It becomes just another MCU franchise to me. No different than Eternals, Captain Marvel, or Ant-Man.

I'd probably protest wait ot see it so Disney gets less money (they get a higher share the first couple weeks) and there is no way id buy the movie "new" so they don't get that money, and I def ain't buying merch.

Id eventually see it htough like th erest of the MCU movies because I enjoy them. But I think BP with no T'challa would just have me pissed off the whole movie and I don't think i would enjoy it. The direct opposite of BP 1.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    In-universe however blue marvel would be marvel's first black superhero.
    That doesn't matter because we are talking about the actual first Black superhero. Anything in universe means nothing in terms of importance. What Ekie said is true, these folks are pushing to kill off the very first Black superhero ever, who was created to combat the racist stereotypes surrounding Black people and Africa. He has huge importance and people need to realize this and not cast him aside