Page 153 of 750 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You know what's also not to be found?

A rational for the members. The ability to act as foils for one another. A consistent them for the team itself.

It's almost as if throwing together the pet characters of Jason Aaron willy nilly hasn't itself produced a strong book with good themes.

Who could have predicted that?
    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said. Nonetheless... I still thought it was a pretty fun book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said. Nonetheless... I still thought it was a pretty fun book.
    To each their own. I'd hate to think that every book needs to fit into some neat 'needed' box.

But I think books are stronger when they keep to a theme, or at least have some teeth. Agents? Not so much.

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Honest inquiry, What traits in Coats version of the character show you that he is Worthy to rule Wakanda?
    Well, some of this is going to come down to what people consider to be a good leader/ruler

For me a good leader needs to be a good listener, he/she needs to listen to their people, advisors, and ancestors, they need to consider and understand different perspectives and points of views so that they may make difficult decisions, they need to be not afraid to make difficult decisions, they need to be good at knowing when to be diplomatic and when to take action, or when to take no action. A good leader needs to understand that they are not always right, where as a bad leader deludes themselves into thinking they are always right. A good leader needs to take responsibility for their decisions, especially when they make the wrong decision. No leader is going to be perfect, that’s important to understand as well. And of course the Black Panther is also a warrior as well as a leader, learning to balance those aspects is a big part in being a good leader for wakanda.

I don’t know, I think Coates has given us a good bit of a lot of those qualities. During the first couple books of course the character is lost in his own thoughts about searching for Shuri, there he’s not so much of a good leader, but it is a super hero story after all, so obviously there’s going to be conflict and problems that occur. Like I said no leader is going to be perfect one hundred percent of the time.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    Well, some of this is going to come down to what people consider to be a good leader/ruler

For me a good leader needs to be a good listener, he/she needs to listen to their people, advisors, and ancestors, they need to consider and understand different perspectives and points of views so that they may make difficult decisions, they need to be not afraid to make difficult decisions, they need to be good at knowing when to be diplomatic and when to take action, or when to take no action. A good leader needs to understand that they are not always right, where as a bad leader deludes themselves into thinking they are always right. A good leader needs to take responsibility for their decisions, especially when they make the wrong decision. No leader is going to be perfect, that’s important to understand as well. And of course the Black Panther is also a warrior as well as a leader, learning to balance those aspects is a big part in being a good leader for wakanda.

I don’t know, I think Coates has given us a good bit of a lot of those qualities. During the first couple books of course the character is lost in his own thoughts about searching for Shuri, there he’s not so much of a good leader, but it is a super hero story after all, so obviously there’s going to be conflict and problems that occur. Like I said no leader is going to be perfect one hundred percent of the time.
    To me.....a good leader needs to be responsible and competent. Coates displayed T'Challa as irresponsible & incompetent. Therefore, T'Coates is a horrible Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The question is did Coates think T'Challa was a good leader while writing this book, or did he think he was a poor and ineffective leader that needed constant correction.

Incredible Member

2019 The Invaders sold poorly also and that team had Namor,Steve and Buck...
    Most recent sidebooks sell poorly..

Incredible Member

As long as AOW gets to 10 or 12 issues im satisfied.

My suspicion is that AoW is a part of whatever master plan Aaron has, and the book won't end until the group has fulfilled whatever role they need to play in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    To me.....a good leader needs to be responsible and competent. Coates displayed T'Challa as irresponsible & incompetent. Therefore, T'Coates is a horrible Black Panther.
    I don’t think it’s quite that simple, there’s plenty of competent and responsible people who wouldn’t make very good leaders. I also don’t think that making some mistakes or wrong decisions makes one irresponsible or incompetent. No leader is going to make the right decisions one hundred percent of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The question is did Coates think T'Challa was a good leader while writing this book, or did he think he was a poor and ineffective leader that needed constant correction.
    Coates took some core traits of T'challa such as torn between protecting Wakanda and the World and the heaviness of the crown

Coates took those two traits and turned them into the most negative viewpoint possible. Instead of being torn, he is indecisive and needs outside opinion from sTrOnG wOmEn and scholars to tell him what to do. Instead of the heaviness of the crown, he is depressed.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Black Panther #21 14,623. 519 less compared to the previous issue.

BP & AoW #6 9,564. 477 less compared to the previous issue.

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-02.html
    Man, losing to Mary Jane kinda hurts.
    "Cable was right!"

I mean looking for advice from other people is exactly what a leader should do if they are unsure of what the correct path is.

That’s the responsible thing to do. The irresponsible thing to do would be to just pretend you are always right and to not seek advice.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    he will be found as his impact to the mythos will never be erased. it will go beyond his time on the book!!! praised be to coates

I don’t think it’s quite that simple, there’s plenty of competent and responsible people who wouldn’t make very good leaders. I also don’t think that making some mistakes or wrong decisions makes one irresponsible or incompetent. No leader is going to make the right decisions one hundred percent of the time.

Mighty Member

I believe Coates wants to equalize the racial/gender "war". I just think it is too soon for society for his stance. There has already bean be The Color Purple. We NEED
    the PANTHER. We just need it.......
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

T'Challa is a man who FOUGHT to become the Black Panther, which is the leader & protector of his country. But, Coates had him running around not accomplishing much.

Women raped in tree houses - T'Challa does nothing

He could not defeat a single villain by himself. Need so much outside help to accomplish small things (i.e. taking on Stane and his men, going up against the twins in Avengers of the new world, praying to Storm to beat adversary, etc).

In the African part of the world, it is a collective society. Many people take on responsibilities or make decisions based on the good of the community & family. If the Black Panther existed, he would have an a great amount of weight that he or she would feel on their shoulders. Priest, Hudlin, & the MCU captured this. Coates wrote a story about a man who ruled over the most technologically advanced country in the world that resides in Africa, who wanted to abandon that position to run around and do god knows what. Not be a superhero, because he couldn't save anyone single handedly. Not be a scientist, because besides the force push, he had to steal Dr Doom's tech.

T'Challa's country was falling apart and he went around complaining about being King.

The Black Panther takes the infinity stone and RESTORES THE WHOLE WORLD, and Wakanda wants to overthrow the king and style of government.

That's not leadership, or black Excellence. That's disfunction, irresponsible, & incompetent.