Page 418 of 750 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518 ... LastLast
Results 6,256 to 6,270 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I wonder if this will change how big budget movies operate going forward. Maybe require physicals or whatever.

Funny how even more mainstream media (if Hollywood Reporter counts as mainstream) is weighing in on the recast vs Shuri debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Tchalla Empyre spoilers.

spoilers:
    As most assumed he's alive, but he did really get stabbed. He used what he called Shadow Martial Arts to slow his blood flow to give his suit time to heal him. He fights with Swordsman more and kills him by stabbing him through the Death Blossom to end the story. Another Infinity War scene happens earlier where Thor shows up(hasn't been in the whole event. lol) and uses his magic to cancel out the Coati magic. Quai (sp) was going to manipulate the heart shaped herb in Tchallas' blood, but Reed showed up and interrupted his plant telepathy. Splash page with most of the heroes showing up in Wakanda to help fight, but the Tchalla stuffed is central to that area. I cant really say what happened in other parts of the story because it wasn't too interesting.
    end of spoilers
    This event was stupid

But

I call this a win for Panther Fans. You can tell Ewing wrote it, called back to his own canon.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I'm wondering if the comics side will finally find the stones to commit to a legitimate event that is T'Challa centered, worked on by the best talent they have, connecting all the big hitters. With the amount of focus given by the passing of Chadwick will anyone else have the vision to see the importance of the character that was made larger than life for many around the world. Will Marvel continue to fuddle moments that could define them as capable of walking in the legacy of Kirby and Lee?
    Last edited by dkrook; 09-02-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm wondering if the comics side will finally find the stones to commit to a legitimate event that is T'Challa centered, worked on by the best talent they have, connecting all the big hitters. With the amount of focus given by the passing of Chadwick will anyone else have the vision to see the importance of the character that was made larger than life for many around the world. Will Marvel continue to fuddle moments that could define them as capable of walking in the legacy of Kirby and Lee?
    I never thought the movie would get made so here's to ignoring my inner cynic.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder if this will change how big budget movies operate going forward. Maybe require physicals or whatever.

Funny how even more mainstream media (if Hollywood Reporter counts as mainstream) is weighing in on the recast vs Shuri debate.
    This is why it's important, that there be a certain level of deliberation concerning a black male hero legacy cause it impacts in so many ways. People know this and would think nothing of co-opting, and replacing him with a black woman, almost as if to say one has to go before the other.

This is why it's important, that there be a certain level of deliberation concerning a black male hero legacy cause it impacts in so many ways. People know this and would think nothing of co-opting, and replacing him with a black woman, almost as if to say one has to go before the other.
    If the Black Panther is really as important as everyone is now acting, then recasting is the only tihng that makes sense.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Oh man, this makes this news even more sadder than it already was.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Everything about this situation just plain sucks. There is nothing positive to be had from it. It just sucks.

Looks like the campaign mode for the Avenger game is only about 10 hours.

That is definitely a "buy when on sale"... tchalla or not.

Bro, I feel like someone ripped my heart out and shattered it into a million pieces.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

I'll be honest, I don't think I want a T'Challa focused event because comics events tend to be bad nine times out of ten. T'Challa doesn't need that right now.

Last edited by XJlock; 09-02-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't think I want a T'Challa focused event because comics events tend to be bad nine times out of ten. T'Challa doesn't need that right now.
    The only thing events are good for is setting up storylines for the MCU. It consolidates various aspects of a characters mythos into a digestible story while giving them an epic arc to be the face of. I definitely think that T’Challa needs an event if only because of potential adaptions in movies and other mediums.

There’s a reason Doomwar is one of the most highly requested BP storylines for the movies. Most comic readers who don’t know anything about Black Panther are at least marginally aware of that event. And so that’s what gets pushed on social media and to casual audiences as the gold standard for T’Challa.

But I think it comes down to scale. War of the Realms could’ve easily been an event confined to a handful of Thor comics and the effect would’ve been the same. I’d like something like that for T’Challa. A new villain or a heavily revamped Klaw in an event with a bunch of tie-ins like Shuri, Killmonger, War Dogs, Dora Milaje, Coal Tiger, etc.