Page 241 of 297 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 4444
  1. #3601
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The BP mythos is not some standalone world in it's on pocket universe. His universe is shared with stories and lore that came well before the gods of wakanda were even fleshed out. That said, prayers giving powers to gods in the MU is a staple and is well-established. Have you read the story of when Forge tried to beat adversary with just tech? Do you know how that ended?

    Read the latest issue of Avengers and all your questions will be answered. His tech didnt stop Wakanda from being attacked by Moon Knight, let's just say that.

    What do any of those characters have to do with a character who canonically has been stated to not be beatable by physical means and tech? Does thanos have a weakness against metal? What about galactus? What can take down one character doesn't mean it applies to others.
    It doesn't matter of praying to gods boosts them, I never said that wasn't a thing in the MU. I specifically stated on the BP mythos (a shared universes doesn't mean that EVERYTHING that happens on it applies to every mythos) there has never been any sort of established continuity that Wakandans prayed to any gods. In fact Coates has to retcon the entire mythos history on Wakandan gods to give Storm a power boost that won't even be acknowledged throughout the mu. Also youbdo know that forge tech and Wakandan tech aren't on the same level at all right? Wakanda far outclasses forges tech, the facr you think they are on the same level speaks volumes.

    And I did read avengers 33. Let's just say that what you wrote didn't even happen.. like at all. TChalla didn't bow, Wakanda wasn't attacked, Wakandan tech didn't fail. Of anything, Moon knights attempt to steal TChallas power failed completely. TChalla just surrendered so that he can be taken to khonshu. Did you even read the issue?

    The point o made about Thanos and Galactus is that those are characters who are immensely powerful. Where did I say a metal box would defeat them? TChalla beat them in different manners and he did it with tech. So going off of what we have seen TChalla and Wakandan tech be able to pull off, and What adversary has been defeated by, it's safe to say Wakandan tech is more that capable of beating him
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 05-27-2020 at 03:26 PM.

  2. #3602
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,796

    Default

    Wakandan technology is a match for anything.

    Anything.

    Ask Galactus.
    ask the Silver Surfer.
    ask the Skrulls.

    ask Thor.

    anything.

  3. #3603
    Mighty Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    I continue to laugh.

    How is Moon Knight showing up in Wakanda and failing in his mission the same thing as him attacking while Wakandan technology failed? You'd think all this praise for Coates work would mean having good reading comprehension.

    Bringing up Mephisto was to illustrate how a writer whose number one goal of making T'Challa look good can add things to the mythos and character's breadth of abilities and thus pulling a win. Using the spirits of the previous kings of Wakandan to overwhelm a Hell lord is something T'Challa couldn't do before Priest wrote it. That's my point. But okay let's make Storm do whatever Coates wants her to be able to because plot and because he's her favourite. Only then are some completely fine with ass-pulls. Hilarious.

    Yes, stay here and then disappear when we stop talking about Storm again lmao.

  4. #3604
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It doesn't matter of praying to gods boosts them, I never said that wasn't a thing in the MU. I specifically stated on the BP mythos (a shared universes doesn't mean that EVERYTHING that happens on it applies to every mythos) there has never been any sort of established continuity that Wakandans prayed to any gods. In fact Coates has to retcon the entire mythos history on Wakandan gods to give Storm a power boost that won't even be acknowledged throughout the mu. Also youbdo know that forge tech and Wakandan tech aren't on the same level at all right? Wakanda far outclasses forges tech, the facr you think they are on the same level speaks volumes.

    And I did read avengers 33. Let's just say that what you wrote didn't even happen.. like at all. TChalla didn't bow, Wakanda wasn't attacked, Wakandan tech didn't fail. Of anything, Moon knights attempt to steal TChallas power failed completely. TChalla just surrendered so that he can be taken to khonshu. Did you even read the issue?

    The point o made about Thanos and Galactus is that those are characters who are immensely powerful. Where did I say a metal box would defeat them? TChalla beat them in different manners and he did it with tech. So going off of what we have seen TChalla and Wakandan tech be able to pull off, and What adversary has been defeated by, it's safe to say Wakandan tech is more that capable of beating him
    From what I understand Coates was the first writer to truly delve into what the Wakandan god mythology even looks like so of course there isnt anything else there as no other writer explored this. Coates just aligned what is true for other Marvel gods to those that reside in Wakanda.

    Goddess! I didnt mean literally bow down I was speaking figuratively. Instead of fighting using the wakandan tech and all of that to send Moon Knight packing he did the opposite. He surrendering without fighting and simply ending Moon Knight was my point. Did you even read my post?

    Immensely powerful or not they are not gods in the sense that Adversary is. The best example you had was Mephisto and as I pointed out his power is tied to his dimension on earth. Tchalla was able to exploit that by blocking the energy that transmitted to mephisto from that dimension.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #3605
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I continue to laugh.

    How is Moon Knight showing up in Wakanda and failing in his mission the same thing as him attacking while Wakandan technology failed? You'd think all this praise for Coates work would mean having good reading comprehension.

    Bringing up Mephisto was to illustrate how a writer whose number one goal of making T'Challa look good can add things to the mythos and character's breadth of abilities and thus pulling a win. Using the spirits of the previous kings of Wakandan to overwhelm a Hell lord is something T'Challa couldn't do before Priest wrote it. That's my point. But okay let's make Storm do whatever Coates wants her to be able to because plot and because he's her favourite. Only then are some completely fine with ass-pulls. Hilarious.

    Yes, stay here and then disappear when we stop talking about Storm again lmao.
    If his Wakandan tech was as mighty as you and others would like to claim why didnt he use it to end Moon Knight and his goons as soon as he appeared on the wakandan doorsteps? It's a pretty easy question to understand but maybe not.

    Now who is moving the goal post? Your INITIAL point in bringing up Mephisto was to draw equivalency. He beat a demon god of hell so he should therefore be able to defeat Adversary. You even put a little emoji after making your point. Moving on to your new point, you do realize that the initial argument was that Wakandan tech can defeat Adversary absent of any spiritual aspects, yes? Could a writer utilize ancestral spirits in tangent with his tech to take out Adversary? That is a possible avenue but Coates chose one that was just as plausible that tied directly to Adversary and his canon, as well as the larger MU mythos.

    Lastly, whether I post or not I'm always here. Online or not I'm always here. I came here to post directly about avengers 33. It is you that seem to have this fixation on her. You should consider changing your avatar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Wakandan technology is a match for anything.

    Anything.

    Ask Galactus.
    ask the Silver Surfer.
    ask the Skrulls.

    ask Thor.

    anything.
    it didn't help him really during doomwar against doom. he had to work heroes, with his resources to win.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-27-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #3606
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    If his Wakandab tech was as mighty as you and others would like to claim why didnt he use it to end Moon Knight and his goons as soon as he appeared on the wakandan doorsteps? It's pretty easy question to understand but maybe not.

    YNow who is moving the goal post. Your INITIAL point in bringing up Mephisto was to draw equivalency. He beat a demon god of hell so he should therefore be able to defeat Adversary. You even put a little emoji after making your point. Moving on to your new point, you do realize that the initial argument was that Wakandan tech can defeat Adversary absent of any spiritual aspects, yes? Could a writer utilize ancestral spirits in tangent with his tech to take out Adversary? That is a possible avenue but Coates chose one that was just as plausible that tied directly to Adversary and his canon.

    Lastly, whether I post or not I'm always here. Online or not I'm always here. I came here to post directly about avengers 33. It is you that seem to have this fixation on her. You should consider changing your avatar.




    it didn't help him really during doomwar against doom. he had to work heroes, with his resources to win.
    Written by the person who is second to last place for Black Panther writers. Just barely ahead of Coates. Lol.

  7. #3607
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Written by the person who is second to last place for Black Panther writers. Just barely ahead of Coates. Lol.
    lolololol hes ahead of coates?? dang lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  8. #3608
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolololol hes ahead of coates?? dang lol
    John Mayberry. Had good art and cool ideas, but execution was lacking, especially with endings. He wanted to "Hotel Rawanda" Wakanda too, but didn't go as far as Coates.

  9. #3609
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    John Mayberry. Had good art and cool ideas, but execution was lacking, especially with endings. He wanted to "Hotel Rawanda" Wakanda too, but didn't go as far as Coates.
    I didnt enjoy mayberry. the story was cute but I was hoping for more. sidebar: how was the vibranium fixed after tchalla had to make it all inert? i dont recall reading that anywhere.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #3610
    Mighty Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Please, spare me.

    I never, once said in anything I wrote that T'Challa and his tech could defeat this new Moon Knight. I came here to disprove your claim that T'Challa bowed down to him and Wakandan technology failed when MK was neither attacked nor do we know what T'Challa is planning. That was until you said "No I meant figuratively!!!!" That's moving the goal post.

    Also, I said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's almost like T'Challa has never outsmarted a lord of Hell before...
    That is in itself a very vague statement. Now I also followed that up by saying I think Mephisto has more power than Adversary. I do not know if I am wrong about that. However, my point was to illustrate that T'Challa can defeat things one would think he's not readily capable of because he is the king of the most technologically advanced nation on Earth, one of the planet's sharpest minds, and is the champion of a god. I do not care if Adversary is not tied to Earth or whatever. If a writer wants him to be defeated by whatever means the character can be defeated by while using the main character to do it, it will happen. We're talking about FICTION here.

    When has Moon Knight been able to steal the Iron Fist? When has Moon Knight been able to steal Doctor Strange's power? When has he been able to steal a Ghost Rider's vehicle? When has he been ever able use Mjölnir and summon moons of other planets? This is a character whose powers and source of power has always been an uncertainty and all of which I'm talking about happened in one issue. What do Moon Knight and Black Panther have in common? They're both champions of gods. Don't tell me T'Challa cannot do whatever a writer puts his mind to just because this one writer isn't pulling his weight.
    Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 05-27-2020 at 04:15 PM.

  11. #3611
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didnt enjoy mayberry. the story was cute but I was hoping for more. sidebar: how was the vibranium fixed after tchalla had to make it all inert? i dont recall reading that anywhere.
    Like the rest of us Johnathan Hickman mostly ignored the Vb thing. There was some ambiguity whether he just deactivated the "processed" Vb. Meaning the Great Mound could still be mined for more.

  12. #3612
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Please, spare me.

    I never, once said in anything I wrote that T'Challa and his tech could defeat this new Moon Knight. I came here to disprove your claim that T'Challa bowed down to him, until you said "No I meant figuratively!!!!" That's moving the goal post.

    Also, I said this:



    That is in itself a very vague statement. Now I also followed that up by saying I think Mephisto has more power than Adversary. I do not know if I am wrong about that. However, my point was to illustrate that T'Challa can defeat things one would think he's not readily capable of because he is the king of the most technologically advanced nation on Earth, one of the planet's sharpest minds, and is the champion of a god. I do not care if Adversary is not tied to Earth or whatever. If a writer wants him to be defeated by whatever means the character can be defeated by while using the main character to do it, it will happen. We're talking about FICTION here.

    When has Moon Knight been able to steal the Iron Fist? When has Moon Knight been able to steal Doctor Strange's power? When has he been able to steal a Ghost Rider's vehicle? When has he been ever able use Mjölnir and summon moons of other planets? This is a character whose powers and source of power has always been an uncertainty and all of which I'm talking about happened in one issue. What do Moon Knight and Black Panther have in common? They're both champions of gods. Don't tell me T'Challa cannot do whatever a writer puts his mind to just because this one writer isn't pulling his weight.
    just posting that doesnt disprove my point that wakandan tech can defeat adversary. he had to use much more which you already acknowledged.

    I've looked into whether mephisto has more than adversary or not and I think you can make an argument either way. I think mephisto has more feats so that may give him a leg up in that regard but I think for me since adversary's power isnt tied to any particular dimension he wins. however, put them both in hell and the mephisto could possibly win. either way I dont think one can definitively say either way. a writer can make a character do anything when it suits there story. what Aaron did to mjolnir is a great example of this. just because they can do it doesnt mean that writing aligns to canon.

    I dont disagree with this point about a writer. my only argument here is does it align to pre-established writing from canon. what Coates did does align to previous events from canon but of course he could written the story completely differently.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #3613
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Like the rest of us Johnathan Hickman mostly ignored the Vb thing. There was some ambiguity whether he just deactivated the "processed" Vb. Meaning the Great Mound could still be mined for more.


    oh ok that would make sense if that happened. thanks!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  14. #3614
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Mephisto is always after the Surfers soul and he is not from earth.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

  15. #3615
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Mephisto is always after the Surfers soul and he is not from earth.
    again beloved. I never said he cant leave his dimension only that his dimension is one tied to the earth. his power is tied to his dimension.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •