Page 538 of 750 FirstFirst ... 38438488528534535536537538539540541542548588638 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 11243

Why can't they just keep storm away from BP? From retcons to the way they make him act and talk. Every time they interact she takes chunks out of his mythos whilst bringing nothing to the table. Should have given her a magic Kenyan sword. If the x office never involve wakanda in their mess again, it would be too soon.

Edit--no offence to the writer or storm. Its not even beating a dead horse. The horse is very much alive and annoying to read.
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 10-07-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Why can't they just keep storm away from BP? From retcons to the way they make him act and talk. Every time they interact she takes chunks out of his mythos whilst bringing nothing to the table. Should have given her a magic Kenyan sword. If the x office never involve wakanda in their mess again, it would be too soon.
    It's parasitic isn't it? Storm gets to make a big appearance in X-Men Red. In Wakanda. She gets one of her best designs in years. In Wakanda. The biggest moment in DOX happens for her. In Wakanda. Storm is (was?) very likely going to make her MCU debut. In Wakanda. How much do people wanna bet the big Storm storyline they got planned is going to involve Wakanda?

The character has little to offer other than giving the X-Men access to the rich lore of BP because she used to sleep with its king while also throwing shade on its treatment of mutants, their traditions, and T'Challa himself.

Because of the way their franchise is set up ("every human hero is complicit in the "oppression" of mutants!") being in some high-volume contact only opens up opportunities to throw shade. Coates' attempt to build bridges failed, thrown away in a single panel in a second-tier X-book by a neophyte writer who can't even spell T'Chaka. The sheer level of incompetence Marvel has demonstrated toward their only A-list black character is crazy.

Anyways, I heard Monica Rambeau and Blue Marvel may not be dating anymore?

I have to go back and read Marauders. But I did like the art. I liked that they made the sword look Egyptian, and the take on Storms costume. I just skimmed through, but I’ll go back and read to make sure I understand everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Man, does Bashenga even matter anymore?

Griot Shuri and T'challa got knowledge from "Mother"

I remember that issue where they asked the oldest force ghost BP and it wasn't Bashenga

I don't remember Bashenga mentioned in any of the history lessons involving the Originators or whatever.

1000000000000000000000 BC Avengers introduced a non-bashenga BP

Now this sword stuff

Make Bashenga Great Again lol
    Lol there are like 3 or 4 first kings of Wakanda now.

First Coates retcons Bashenga with this guy

Now the writer of Marauders retconned Coates guy with their own. If you count Aaron's BC BP then we have four unless he's supposed to be Bashenga or someone different and they hadn't moved to Wakanda yet.

This reminds me of how T'Chaka has different dads that was king before him. First there was Azzari introduced by Kirby (later spelled Asiri by Priest then Azzuri by Hudlin) and Chanda, introduced in the 90s in some F4 comic. I think Redjack might be the first person to use Chanda in over 20yrs for BP's Quest.

Marvel doesn't give ish about BP or his lore other than a prop for their other properties.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 10-07-2020 at 02:04 PM.

What is with black queer women authors taking a dump on T'challa anyway? What did he ever do to them lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And just because I'm petty, I would want the next writer to have T'Challa showing up on the X-Men turf to do the same ish that Coates been doing with Storm and what the X office been doing. But I can only dream because that would never happen.

Knowing Marvel they might go with another "woke black intellectual" that thinks T'Challa and Wakanda needs to be taken down a peg once again in the name of "humanizing" T'Challa and showing that Wakanda isn't perfect. Because we've haven't been dealing with that for the last decade.

What is with black queer women authors taking a dump on T'challa anyway? What did he ever do to them lol?
    Well, Coates did say he really didn't like T'Challa so....

Astonishing Member

And black gay men lol, there's something about T'Challa that really irks some demographics. I think it has less to do with T'Challa and more to do with the feeling that Storm was stolen or damaged by her time with BP under Hudlin so they've been taking shots ever since. Even though Storm remains stagnant 8 years after the fact and her biggest moment as of late comes from T'Challa.

It'll be interesting as a Storm fan to see if and how the X-office will develop Storm with her connection to Wakanda frayed the way it is. I'm 99% certain the next BP writer will be a black woman btw, Marvel ain't about to pass up those headlines, and if she's gay the book's getting an automatic Eisner.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    And just because I'm petty, I would want the next writer to have T'Challa showing up on the X-Men turf to do the same ish that Coates been doing with Storm and what the X office been doing. But I can only dream because that would never happen.

Knowing Marvel they might go with another "woke black intellectual" that thinks T'Challa and Wakanda needs to be taken down a peg once again in the name of "humanizing" T'Challa and showing that Wakanda isn't perfect. Because we've haven't been dealing with that for the last decade.
    Even better, have the next BP writer come into the X-Men and shut Krakoa down, everything, powers, gates, resurrections. Everything. Just remind them.

X-Fans would try to have the mods ban BP, lol.

"Excuse me Panther, sir. We're gonna haveto ban you for 30 days because you made X-fans cry."

By doing the same thing they been doing. Using T'Challa and Wakanda to uplift Storm while simultaneously taking shots at T'Challa and Wakanda. And if the next writer is a woman it won't surprise me if we see even more Storm and the book focuses more on Shuri and the MA and less on the titular character.

"No one man!" :smh:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    By doing the same thing they been doing. Using T'Challa and Wakanda to uplift Storm while simultaneously taking shots at T'Challa and Wakanda. And if the next writer is a woman it won't surprise me if we see even more Storm and the book focuses more on Shuri and the MA and less on the titular character.
    I really don't wanna seem like I'm coming hard for our black women, especially since I've been a bit more dismissive of Shuri and Dora due to the MCU situation, but I agree. The BP franchise is at risk of becoming a T'Challa-led ensemble for "strong black women who don't need a man" if the next writer doesn't put T'Challa first and put all the side characters, male and female on the sidelines where they belong.

And if Marvel keeps hiring gay black women with the sensibilities of Vita, that man doesn't have a chance lol. What does Flex say? Hero/Love Interest/Wakanda? Yea go back to that please, Marvel. I don't need bloated supporting casts and men-bashing political commentary in a book.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I used some headcannon and assumed that Shuri held back or got careless because she still considered Storm family. Tried to make sense of it that way lol.

It was a well-written issue. I just wish the writer did a bit more research about BP/Wakandan lore. The lack of research kinda showed.
    Did Shuri lose the superhuman speed?

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Did Shuri lose the superhuman speed?
    He hair ain't white no more, all that stuff is overwith. Lol.

Maaaaan, thst was stupid lol. Cringey how bad vita frakked up Wakandan lore. I mean Isht they couldn't even be bothered to spell T'Chakas name right. I swear anytime storms around Wakanda, stupid **** happens cringey bullshit and I hate how much of a simp writers make T'Challa around her. Dude needs to tell her to frak off.