Page 564 of 750 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568574614664 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Not for people on Twitter he doesn't, and that's who Marvel increasingly is getting their narrative cues from. That's why we're far more likely to get a Roxane Gay or Vita Ayala on the next solo than Jason Aaron or Redjack.

The types of BP writers that journalists and social media are going to heap Marvel with praise for generally see T'Challa as more of a vehicle for their politics and female side characters than a solo franchise unto himself. So my concern going forward is if Marvel will continue to put "literary" black writers like Coates on the BP books or are they gonna go with seasoned professionals of any race.

One would think Narcisse's Rise mini would go to show what strong T'Challa-centric storytelling can do commercially but then again WoW did well on digital and received more acclaim from the press. We'll see what happens but like I've said I think we're gonna see a trend of BP writers who don't truly like the character getting their shot at his books. They just won't get runs as long as Coates lol.
    Roxanne and Vita bombed on their BP stories. All that acclaim didn't move books. They are too similar to Coates and that's the reason I don't think marvel will use them. If they're going to put writers on the book that are just like Coates then they should have left him on BP.

I think they will want to go into a different direction with BP.

Not for people on Twitter he doesn't, and that's who Marvel increasingly is getting their narrative cues from. That's why we're far more likely to get a Roxane Gay or Vita Ayala on the next solo than Jason Aaron or Redjack.

The types of BP writers that journalists and social media are going to heap Marvel with praise for generally see T'Challa as more of a vehicle for their politics and female side characters than a solo franchise unto himself. So my concern going forward is if Marvel will continue to put "literary" black writers like Coates on the BP books or are they gonna go with seasoned professionals of any race.

One would think Narcisse's Rise mini would go to show what strong T'Challa-centric storytelling can do commercially but then again WoW did well on digital and received more acclaim from the press. We'll see what happens but like I've said I think we're gonna see a trend of BP writers who don't truly like the character getting their shot at his books. They just won't get runs as long as Coates lol.
    Well it was getting praise before the comic even released do that's not a good indicator. And rise came out way late and was like the 4th mini, despite thst it still did good for it being stacked at a disadvantage

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i hated that moment maybe more than any other.

it's like some of these folks just can't have the man be the ace he is.
    Dude it was so bad we had one of storms most hardcore fans come comment on that bullisht, you know it's bad then lol. Again I am waiting for ice cold T'Challa to be allowed to tell Storm to keep her x drama to herself, and only come to Wakanda if an invitation has been sent

I usually don't comment here, but I was thinking about the Skybreaker debacle and how they can save a little of the BP badassery that was also stolen.

The satisfactory solution to me is, that when the whole thing is finished, after a little rest Storm go take the sword to give it back and don't find it, instead she finds a note from T'Challa saying that he took it and she isn't welcome in Wakanda. This way they would establish that he was capable of entering on Krakoa undetected, take what he wanted and would also formally break up with Storm.

But probably he will just forgive her.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, the cuckery written in that scene was deliberate and just trifling. No confident self respecting brotha is going to sweat a woman that flaked out on you, let alone one that's on the level of T'Challa.
    That’s why Aaron can’t be truly trusted with BP, Shuri, Wakanda.. Who wants to places best Logan shows up & jobs a good amount of The avengers ( BP included) next arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    My bro, I could not agree more. If T'Challa and somebody else hooking up means that it will end the nonsense, then so be it!

Btw: currently finishing up one of the drawings I posted earlier. it's coming together very nicely./
    Can't wait, I am going to try and get a rough draft going this weekend when. I have the time

I wouldn't put much hope in Twitter, frankly. Marvel is more interested in (still) trying to grab that MCU synergy.

My prediction is that they'll low-key release the last few Coates issues sometime next year, and keep T'Challa on the shelf until:

A. The memory of his run has faded.
    B. The sequel is coming out (in theaters or on Disney+)

And when they do give him a new book, they'll give it to whichever "hot" writer is around. If we're unlucky, it'll be Cates.

It's beating a Dead horse but come on, RJ produced a high quality BP in Quest, dude had the skill and is a professional writer, and WANTS to wrire the character and likes T'Challa as well. Shouldn't Those be the qualifications to pen BP

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's beating a Dead horse but come on, RJ produced a high quality BP in Quest, dude had the skill and is a professional writer, and WANTS to wrire the character and likes T'Challa as well. Shouldn't Those be the qualifications to pen BP
    Your mistake is treating the superhero comic book industry as a rational business. Any intelligent company would have found a way to graciously "release Coates from his contact" when BP sales started cratering (because firing him would be bad optics).

Instead, they doubled down and gave him Captain America!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dunno about you, but I'm tired of the noble negro simp trope T'Challa gets forced into whenever or storms around. I want some ice cold savagery with a touch of pettiness if it gets her out of his franchise for good
    Hey, I'm here for it let the T'Challa x Emma savagery ensue! Pay no mind to the hundreds of thousands of X-Men fans racist and non racist heads exploding, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Emma Frost.

I kid. Mostly.

My prayer is that they have gotten that mess out of their system and they now want to sell good books for the few more years they have left before the industry collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Your mistake is treating the superhero comic book industry as a rational business. Any intelligent company would have found a way to graciously "release Coates from his contact" when BP sales started cratering (because firing him would be bad optics).

Instead, they doubled down and gave him Captain America!
    I guess they figured out that they need to get some kind of value from his wack contract, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    My prayer is that they have gotten that mess out of their system and they now want to sell good books for the few more years they have left before the industry collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I wouldn't put much hope in Twitter, frankly. Marvel is more interested in (still) trying to grab that MCU synergy.

My prediction is that they'll low-key release the last few Coates issues sometime next year, and keep T'Challa on the shelf until:

A. The memory of his run has faded.
    B. The sequel is coming out (in theaters or on Disney+)

And when they do give him a new book, they'll give it to whichever "hot" writer is around. If we're unlucky, it'll be Cates.
    You mean lucky. Cates is writing the hell out of Thor.