Page 360 of 750 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410460 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    For the Hunter X Hunter fans.

Would Wakanda have a version of Heavens Arena?
    Yes, they would, and like heavens arena, the royal family would have to ascend at minimum to a certain level, it would be apart of the trial to become BP. Those who make it to the top face the best of the best up there... Then they have the right to challenge the current BP

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    We have seen a grand total of, wait for it, 2 whole panels of the Wakandan battle... In two issues.. and no it wasn't "they just didn't show the battle with as much tech as you would have liked to see" they didn't show any tech. I mean cotdamn they didn't even bother to equip the HZ with ANY sort of weapon in the splash panel. We see a couple spears and... That's it. You know the difference between this event and tro? Hickman did alot of isht off panel but when he showed Wakanda being invaded she showed the cotdamn tech to go with it. Too many times writers don't showcase Wakandas might because it's deemed as not necessary even though it very much is. Due to the fact that ya know, they are attacking the most advanced nation on earth.

Tldr Wakandan tech didn't fail because they didn't bother to show Wakandan tech on the first place
    We got the force field. It didn't work indefinately, but it does show how them to be technologically advanced. Not like anyone else on earth had a force field protecting them.

It'll be interesting to see if the megazord shows up in the main book. We know that was supposed to be in the story given previews from the mini. But it's possible that we're past that point in the story. Hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We got the force field. It didn't work indefinately, but it does show how them to be technologically advanced. Not like anyone else on earth had a force field protecting them.

It'll be interesting to see if the megazord shows up in the main book. We know that was supposed to be in the story given previews from the mini. But it's possible that we're past that point in the story. Hard to tell.
    We were TOLD about the force field being technologically advanced.

We were SHOWN it falling to second-rate Ents.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    We were TOLD about the force field being technologically advanced.

We were SHOWN it falling to second-rate Ents.
    Is there such a thing as a force field that isn't technologically advanced? It's not like anyone else on earth had a better force field protecting their city.

But yes, it did fail... just like anything else they could have used instead of a force field because that's what the story called for. They could have shown tanks or planes or missiles ... but we would get the exact same end result either way.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Last edited by Blind Wedjat; 08-07-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

IndieWire
    @IndieWire
    Rachel Morrison Says It’s ‘Devastating’ She Might Miss Out on Shooting #BlackPanther2 https://bit.ly/3kl8Uqc

Is there such a thing as a force field that isn't technologically advanced? It's not like anyone else on earth had a better force field protecting their city.

But yes, it did fail... just like anything else they could have used instead of a force field because that's what the story called for. They could have shown tanks or planes or missiles ... but we would get the exact same end result either way.
    It seems you keep missing the point here. Let me ask you this. Who looked ore formidable, morlun when he is tanking missiles abd tanks or tetu and the hulked out people, who are being fought with small arms fire?

Too drastic of difference? Okay. Who looks more dangerous to Wakanda? Black order, who we see advanced rifles, energy shields, anti orbital guns? Or the cotati where we see. A Force field and spears.. the journey in comics is just as important as the destination. They could of shown toe cotati still fighting on despite the tanks and prowlers abd advanced tech cutting into them, it helps establish then as a credible threat while also highlighting just how advanced and deadly Wakandan technology is, while also explaining why Wakanda hadn't fallen in the last issue. T'Challas strategies include, ya know, advanced tech

It seems you keep missing the point here. Let me ask you this. Who looked ore formidable, morlun when he is tanking missiles abd tanks or tetu and the hulked out people, who are being fought with small arms fire?

Too drastic of difference? Okay. Who looks more dangerous to Wakanda? Black order, who we see advanced rifles, energy shields, anti orbital guns? Or the cotati where we see. A Force field and spears.. the journey in comics is just as important as the destination. They could of shown toe cotati still fighting on despite the tanks and prowlers abd advanced tech cutting into them, it helps establish then as a credible threat while also highlighting just how advanced and deadly Wakandan technology is, while also explaining why Wakanda hadn't fallen in the last issue. T'Challas strategies include, ya know, advanced tech
    I'm not saying they couldn't have shown the Cotati fighting tanks and prowlers... what I'm saying is that it's probably naive to assume they would go back and redo an issue just to include them after the mini was cancelled. For them to bother going with the effort, it would likely need to involve a change that actually matters to the story.

Though I disagree that a tank does a better job of establishing that Wakanda is more advanced or deadly than a force field, since it frankly fails either way. If anything I'd say the force field actually demonstrates more advanced tech than the tanks and missiles. Tanks and missiles exist in real life, but force fields really don't. Force fields are more sci-fi. Though prowlers are certainly more advanced looking than real life stuff.

I do agree it's a bit silly Wakandans use spears to the degree they do, but silly or not it's in character for Wakandans to fight with spears.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-07-2020 at 12:58 PM.

I'm not saying they couldn't have shown the Cotati fighting tanks and prowlers... what I'm saying is that it's probably naive to assume they would go back and redo an issue just to include them after the mini was cancelled. For them to bother going with the effort, it would likely need to involve a change that actually matters to the story.

Though I disagree that a tank does a better job of establishing that Wakanda is more advanced or deadly than a force field, since it frankly fails either way. If anything I'd say the force field actually demonstrates more advanced tech than the tanks and missiles. Tanks and missiles exist in real life, but force fields really don't. Force fields are more sci-fi. Though prowlers are certainly more advanced looking than real life stuff.

I do agree it's a bit silly Wakandans use spears to the degree they do, but silly or not it's in character for Wakandans to fight with spears.
    Uh huh.. tell me.. where did I say anything about assuming they would go back and redo an issue? I said we should of seen that stuff and they should of done it. Nowhere did I say I expected that to happen. It's always good to not out words in peoples mouths

Wakanda used an anti orbital gun to take out invading forces.. yes a Force field is more advanced but the missiles abd tanks show more deadly force on top of prowlers as well. And again, of you read my post you would see that I said showing that advanced tech (tanks, prowlers, dragon fliers etc.) Would easily explain and show why what swordsman said about T'Challa being one of the greatest strategist and how Wakanda still stood despite facing a force that doesn't tire, and being vastly outnumbered, while highlighting the deadly force of both sides.

And no, more often then not Wakandans (especially the HZ and lesser extent the DM) don't use spears. It's lazy and uninspiring of writers to not bother to go sci fi

Uh huh.. tell me.. where did I say anything about assuming they would go back and redo an issue? I said we should of seen that stuff and they should of done it. Nowhere did I say I expected that to happen. It's always good to not out words in peoples mouths

Wakanda used an anti orbital gun to take out invading forces.. yes a Force field is more advanced but the missiles abd tanks show more deadly force on top of prowlers as well. And again, of you read my post you would see that I said showing that advanced tech (tanks, prowlers, dragon fliers etc.) Would easily explain and show why what swordsman said about T'Challa being one of the greatest strategist and how Wakanda still stood despite facing a force that doesn't tire, and being vastly outnumbered, while highlighting the deadly force of both sides.

And no, more often then not Wakandans (especially the HZ and lesser extent the DM) don't use spears. It's lazy and uninspiring of writers to not bother to go sci fi
    Cool, if we're both in agreement we shouldn't expect marvel to redo the main books after the mini was cancelled to add more tech, then we're good.

As far as the spears go ... I'll simply repeat, it's in character for Wakandans to fight with spears. If you think otherwise, we can agree to disagree.

Infinity_War_221.jpg

13219c8d-a677-4a6e-8b85-662b5120c474-black-panther-dora-milaje.jpg

nintchdbpict000386539949.jpg

Cool, if we're both in agreement we shouldn't expect marvel to redo the main books after the mini was cancelled to add more tech, then we're good.

As far as the spears go ... I'll simply repeat, it's in character for Wakandans to fight with spears. If you think otherwise, we can agree to disagree.

Infinity_War_221.jpg

Come on man! Your using movie stuff????? If we gonna go that route then let's remember that even the movies did show land and air craft going to battle. However there are so many references in the comics, and that is the medium we are talking about. We have seen on pages many different types of weapons far beyond spears. Like the previous posters are stating, there is no reason they couldn't fit like 3 panels showing so next level weaponry and battle. So what if they canceled the side book. If this battle is so important then put it on the books. It's like these idiots are trying to keep plausible deniability so nobody can blame them for anything Black Panther related looking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Come on man! Your using movie stuff????? If we gonna go that route then let's remember that even the movies did show land and air craft going to battle. However there are so many references in the comics, and that is the medium we are talking about. We have seen on pages many different types of weapons far beyond spears. Like the previous posters are stating, there is no reason they couldn't fit like 3 panels showing so next level weaponry and battle. So what if they canceled the side book. If this battle is so important then put it on the books. It's like these idiots are trying to keep plausible deniability so nobody can blame them for anything Black Panther related looking cool.
    I can pull out plenty of scans of their overusage of spears in comics too. It's no secret... people complain about it all the time on this thread. This scan in particular address the issue on panel.

tumblr_inline_ou24jbcT6Q1utp0y7_1280.jpg

Battle between Morlun and Zuri/W'Kabi shows that too. If missiles don't work, let's go with spears.

zuri9.jpg

Not saying we don't see options besides spear... but the usage of spears is very in character for Wakandans. That's why it made it into the movie in the first place.

Infinity_War_221.jpg

Uh that was never the argument?? This whole time we have stated, multiple times, that marvel SHOULD of added the stuff from AoW into the main book, they SHOULD of showcased more tech instead of diet IF but with basic spears. You are trying to say that we expected something that no one actually nsaid they expected, rather that Marvel should of done it if they actually cared about BP and Wakanda.

We are talking about the comics not the MCU.

Just wanted to make a recommendation. Check out Strange Adventures #4. King is doing for Mr. Terrific what we need someone to do for Tchalla.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Just wanted to make a recommendation. Check out Strange Adventures #4. King is doing for Mr. Terrific what we need someone to do for Tchalla.
    That's the only reason I'm picking the book up is because Mr. Terrific is one of my all time favorite comic characters. It really has been good.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark