Page 238 of 750 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 11243
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    As Redjack so famously had TChalla say to Thor. "Wakandan technology is a match, for anything!"

This pretending that somehow only Storm could beat adversary is silly, especially since she really didn't do anything special, she essentially just pushed him into a portal. Something Wakandan tech would not only be able to accomplish, bit donut in a way that would seal him away far greater and effectively than what she did..
    it is not silly if you knew you storm lore. why so you think he was so afraid of her when the first crossed paths? also the way he was defeated was quite similar to how the men first defeated him when they encountered him. no one dad to die when storm did it with the wakandan mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Please read Black Panther: The Client & Black Panther:Return of the Dragon for the answer to "so what can tech do against [The Adversary]
    I will check it out but xpac is making my point. forge tried to defeat adversary simply using tech and was unable to. he had to combine both his mystical and tech knowledge to defeat him.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Against higher end mystical threats, they often need more than just tech. They utilized magic in the client. And tech was completely useless against Morlun. They needed magic there too.

Not saying it wouldn't be possible for Wakanda to necessarily stop Adversary... but some sort of plot device would likely have been needed either way.
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Cant teleport out. The old Xforce issue already proved it. Lead on the inside to keep him in. Vb on the outside to keep people out. Drop it on the ocean.
    how would you get inside a metal box ? how was he placed in one in that xforce issue?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-26-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it is not silly if you knew you storm lore. why so you think he was so afraid of her when the first crossed paths? also the way he was defeated was quite similar to how the men first defeated him when they encountered him. no one dad to die when storm did it with the wakandan mages.

I will check it out but xpac is making my point. forge tried to defeat adversary simply using tech and was unable to. he had to combine both his mystical and tech knowledge to defeat him.

exactly.

how would you get inside a metal box ? how was he placed in one in that xforce issue?
    He was in the Xforce building which was covered in Steel. Forge theorized he was trapped there due to that. Tried to trick Boom Boom into blowing a hole in the wall so he could get out. His powers work inside the building but he couldn't manipulate the steel or pass through it.

He was in the Xforce building which was covered in Steel. Forge theorized he was trapped there due to that. Tried to trick Boom Boom into blowing a hole in the wall so he could get out. His powers work inside the building but he couldn't manipulate the steel or pass through it.
    why was he there? how did he get in there in the first place? why would he purposely go somewhere where he would be contained and couldnt get through? nevertheless, no barrier even a metal one can contain him forever. roma explained this to the xmen when he was first sealed away by them. if all it took was a metal box I'm sure the heroes would have done that eons ago.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-26-2020 at 06:57 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

why was he there? how did he get in there in the first place? why would he purposely go somewhere where he would be contained and couldnt get through? nevertheless, no barrier even a metal one can contain him forever. roma explained this to the xmen when he was first sealed away by them. if all it took was a metal box I'm sure the heroes would have done that eons ago.
    He got in because a piece of him was already in Forges' mind from a previous encounter. He was unlucky when he managed to posses Forges' body because he was already in the building. At the end of the story Dr. Midnight pulled Forge and Adversary into his own mind where he trapped Aversary with ease because of his genius intellect.

He got in because a piece of him was already in Forges' mind from a previous encounter. He was unlucky when he managed to posses Forges' body because he was already in the building. At the end of the story Dr. Midnight pulled Forge and Adversary into his own mind where he trapped Aversary with ease because of his genius intellect.
    so how would that work for tchalla and the wakandans' (their tech)? could they pull a similar stunt? I dont think a piece of adversary would be in anyone living in wakanda? also he didnt stay trapped in Dr Midnight forever. Whatever means he is trapped he eventually gets out, no matter how he is defeated he eventually comes back. he cant be destroyed.

so how would that work for tchalla and the wakandans' (their tech)? could they pull a similar stunt? I dont think a piece of adversary would be in anyone living in wakanda? also he didnt stay trapped in Dr Midnight forever. Whatever means he is trapped he eventually gets out, no matter how he is defeated he eventually comes back. he cant be destroyed.
    The box doesn't have to destroy him, just trap him. Then bury the box, launch it into space, or sink it in the ocean. I'd expect the next time someone wanted to use the character someone would find a way to release him just like if someone wanted to use him now, whatever Storm did would be reversed.

exactly.

I don't need to know Storm lore to see that she didn't do anything special, she literally hit him with a prayer powered lightning bolt (doesn't make any sense because nowhere in the BP mythos states that prayer powers up individuals) and pushed him back into a portal. And if Coates gave two ishts about TChalla and Wakanda like previous writer's, TChalla would of no only solved the issue himself (as you know, super heros do) but also done it so no Wakandans perished.

Also a word of advice, it makes your case better of you actually read things yourself and not just piggyback what someone else says, as it's been pointed out on more then a few occasions that X-Pac contradicts themselves. Because in the client and return of the dragon, as far as I recall no magic was used, in the case of Mephisto in the client, that wasn't magic, that was spiritual in nature. Abd for return of the dragon, the dragon was stopped by TChalla redoing the dragons generic make-up with an energy dagger, not magic.

As for how to get adversary in a metal box? Easy, watch Redjacks BP quest TChalla vs Thor. Same way he takes Thor out of the fight but on a larger scale.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

"The most technologically advanced nation in a fictional and comic book universe can't do something," said some people.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    "The most technologically advanced nation in a fictional and comic book universe can't do something," said some people.
    Lol. Nail on the head.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    "The most technologically advanced AFRICAN nation in a fictional and comic book universe can't do something," said some people.
    Corrected it for you. That is what a lot of this boils down to.

Never mind that same nation was doing whatever from building Falcon's wings to having an army that sent Skrulls packing before Obama got elected.

But because some folks (including BLACK FOLKS) don't understand what FICTIONAL really means-it means you can do what you want.

Wakanda does not have to be s h*t hole country because someone in the White House said and to pander to the ignorant-who only saw Shaka Zulu as children. Never mind the Nollywood industry that shows cities, roads and other things that show Africa is just as advance as other places.

Black Panther nor any black hero needs a white person to hold their hands.

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to remember this is fiction. So at least up to a point, things can work however the writer wants it to work.

If Coates decides that Wakandan tech can defeat the Adversary, then for the purpose of this story it can. And if he decides that Wakandan tech can't, then for the purposes of the story it can't. Magical gods and high end comic book tech are fictional plot devices, so they can work as needed for the story.

That said, 9 times out of 10 whats needed to resolve a problem is a super hero. If Wakandan tech could resolve all their problems, T'Challa wouldn't need to leave the palace.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That said, 9 times out of 10 whats needed to resolve a problem is a super hero. If Wakandan tech could resolve all their problems, T'Challa wouldn't need to leave the palace.
    Good thing the title character is a superhero and can handle those cases, then.

Otherwise, they'd have to bring in characters from outside of the book to resolve the problem. Like an ex-wife or something…

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Good thing the title character is a superhero and can handle those cases, then.

Otherwise, they'd have to bring in characters from outside of the book to resolve the problem. Like an ex-wife or something…
    When you have a super hero girlfriend, yeah that can happen. It's the logical outcome of having a love interest be a very powerful super hero rather than a Lois Lane. Storms helped or saved him from everything from Kraven to Doom in his own book.

The box doesn't have to destroy him, just trap him. Then bury the box, launch it into space, or sink it in the ocean. I'd expect the next time someone wanted to use the character someone would find a way to release him just like if someone wanted to use him now, whatever Storm did would be reversed.
    what storm did was not permanent. as I said adversary cant be destroyed. again I ask how do you trap him in a box to begin with? it not like hunting game hes s universal being, a demon god.

I don't need to know Storm lore to see that she didn't do anything special, she literally hit him with a prayer powered lightning bolt (doesn't make any sense because nowhere in the BP mythos states that prayer powers up individuals) and pushed him back into a portal. And if Coates gave two ishts about TChalla and Wakanda like previous writer's, TChalla would of no only solved the issue himself (as you know, super heros do) but also done it so no Wakandans perished.

Also a word of advice, it makes your case better of you actually read things yourself and not just piggyback what someone else says, as it's been pointed out on more then a few occasions that X-Pac contradicts themselves. Because in the client and return of the dragon, as far as I recall no magic was used, in the case of Mephisto in the client, that wasn't magic, that was spiritual in nature. Abd for return of the dragon, the dragon was stopped by TChalla redoing the dragons generic make-up with an energy dagger, not magic.

As for how to get adversary in a metal box? Easy, watch Redjacks BP quest TChalla vs Thor. Same way he takes Thor out of the fight but on a larger scale.
    you know the BP mythos is included in the larger marvel universe where prayer is known to power gods, including thor for instance?

and tchalla with his wakandan tech couldnt even deal with moon knight how can you then argue he could fight a demon god that is as old as time?? thor is NOT adversary. thor can die and be maimed. adversary can regenerate and cant die. they are not tge same.

With TChalla praying to Storm for her to use her newly acquired "goddess" power to defeat him
    please tell me this never actually happened.

please tell me that.