Page 410 of 750 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Jeez, youtube and twitter are having a, don't recast T'Challa palooza out here. Some of the garbage people are suggesting from Shuri to take over to brining back killmonger, have M'Baku level up, bring in Namor, have Storm come to Wakanda and have the film be about her.....these crazy mofos are blowing my mind. If Marvel dont bring in a new actor to replace Boseman then I'm done with them. It's bad enough we've had to endure Coates' crap but the tragic loss of Boseman has brought out the crazies with their wack ideas and suggestions.
    I'm not the biggest panther fan out there, so I've got no dog (or cat) in this hunt, but I don't know how to feel about recasting vs Shuri taking the mantle. Recasting, even talking about recasting sounds disrespectful right now, but it might not later, emotions are very raw. Bringing in Storm, Namor, or bringing back Killmonger are horrible ideas. MCU Shuri isn't interested in being a queen or a superhero, at all. She's content making things in her lab.

Jeez, youtube and twitter are having a, don't recast T'Challa palooza out here. Some of the garbage people are suggesting from Shuri to take over to brining back killmonger, have M'Baku level up, bring in Namor, have Storm come to Wakanda and have the film be about her.....these crazy mofos are blowing my mind. If Marvel dont bring in a new actor to replace Boseman then I'm done with them. It's bad enough we've had to endure Coates' crap but the tragic loss of Boseman has brought out the crazies with their wack ideas and suggestions.
    If the Black Panther was truly as inspiring as people are acting right now... the choice to NOT recast makes no sense.

Either T'challa is so inspirational you have no choice to recast because he is thta important... or people are lying about his importance because it is popular to like him right now.

It is one or the other.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-31-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I'm not the biggest panther fan out there, so I've got no dog (or cat) in this hunt, but I don't know how to feel about recasting vs Shuri taking the mantle. Recasting, even talking about recasting sounds disrespectful right now, but it might not later, emotions are very raw. Bringing in Storm, Namor, or bringing back Killmonger are horrible ideas. MCU Shuri isn't interested in being a queen or a superhero, at all. She's content making things in her lab.
    The specifically re-tooled Shuri into this MCU version super genious labrat so she wouldn't just be "tchalla with boobs" like the comics.

It is kinda of disrespectful but also at the same time somewhat flattering to T'challa. If his BP sucked, no one would care about recasting at all. They would just discard the character and move on.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Dear Screen Rant: Regarding the Chadwick Boseman Article | READUS 101
    A-to the f@#&ing- men.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Ultimate Member

I'm still shook by Boseman's death. More so because i'm actually dealing with a hemorrhoid right now.

I'm just hitting 40 now and it's not really easy to get a colonoscopy, i guess i just have to find a way.

As an aside it's pretty crazy to see the cultural impact Black Panther made and also just how totally "unproblematic" Chadwick Boseman was. It all just adds to the tragedy of the man's death.

Every time i see a tribute to him, i struggle to hold back the tears. For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm still shook by Boseman's death. More so because i'm actually dealing with a hemorrhoid right now.

I'm just hitting 40 now and it's not really easy to get a colonoscopy, i guess i just have to find a way.

As an aside it's pretty crazy to see the cultural impact Black Panther made and also just how totally "unproblematic" Chadwick Boseman was. It all just adds to the tragedy of the man's death.

Every time i see a tribute to him, i struggle to hold back the tears. For real.
    you can always lie about your family history... nobody relaly fact checks that lol

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

It's like these people didn't read what Ryan Coogler said: he wrote words specifically FOR Chadwick Boseman to say for the sequel. Do you honestly want him, right now, to start all over again with another person in mind? Do they think Letitia Wright who is probably going through A LOT right now is thinking about even that film, let alone stepping into his shoes? Do you think Winston Duke wants to do it? Some of these people are just talking for talking sake.

Some are coming from the right place. They understand that T'Challa and Black Panther means a lot to people and that has to be continued on the big screen (let's face it, comics don't mean ****) somehow. But anyone talking about Storm, or Namor just wants a movie. These people did not understand the importance of Black Panther and Wakanda for the kids when Chadwick was still around, and they still don't get it.

Let Marvel, Ryan Coogler and the cast of the film lead this discussion. All these Twitter people and YouTube commentators might mean well but all they do is speculate. For goodness sake, Coogler and the cast knew Chadwick FOR REAL. He was their leader, their friend. Probably a brother to some. We're just fans. We're grieving too but it's different for them. Let alone his family too.

I have my suggestions and ideas but I don't think it's my place to talk about it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If the Black Panther was truly as inspiring as people are acting right now... the choice to NOT recast makes no sense.

Either T'challa is so inspirational you have no choice to recast because he is thta important... or people are lying about his importance because it is popular to like him right now.

It is one or the other.
    I think it's that people aren't separating the character from the actor. And in their defense, it's a very MCU attitude to have. I mean, RDJ and Evans (the kings of the MCU) decided they were done, and Marvel decided to write their biggest characters out rather than re-cast. In the minds of fans, the actors and the characters seem to blur together a lot, and Marvel has encouraged that. Hell, the actors have encouraged that; how many of them do charity work in costume? Even with their contracts over, Evans is pushing a political thing and Downy is gifting prosthetic limbs to kids.

And on top of all this, Chadwick's sudden death and everyone learning about how he carried this burden without anyone knowing about it.....that's some raw emotion to throw into the mix. Hard to blame people who seem to feel like T'Challa died too, and not just Chadwick.

This is stuff people like Fiege are going to have to consider and debate real soon, cruel as it is, but us fans? I feel like we outta just....live in this moment, right now. A good man who brought us all a lot of joy has died; let's not worry too much about where the next damn movie will go (at least this week) and instead just commiserate our shared loss and celebrate the man's contributions and life. Seems a little callous to be all "but what about his contractual obligations!?" at the moment, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's like these people didn't read what Ryan Coogler said: he wrote words specifically FOR Chadwick Boseman to say for the sequel. Do you honestly want him, right now, to start all over again with another person in mind? Do they think Letitia Wright who is probably going through A LOT right now is thinking about even that film, let alone stepping into his shoes? Do you think Winston Duke wants to do it? Some of these people are just talking for talking sake.
    They could give less than a damn. They don't see them as human beings, been saying this for a while. Least of all Boseman. They want to recast him so T'challa handing the reigns to Shuri doesn't happen offscreen. His death is a minor inconvenience at worst, a way to hasten the handover at best. I'm...struggling not to feel hatred for such individuals, that they've somehow gotten this far in life with empathy being a foreign concept to them. But there's so many of them that its hard. It really is.

Some are coming from the right place. They understand that T'Challa and Black Panther means a lot to people and that has to be continued on the big screen (let's face it, comics don't mean ****) somehow. But anyone talking about Storm, or Namor just wants a movie. These people did not understand the importance of Black Panther and Wakanda for the kids when Chadwick was still around, and they still don't get it.
    Or, again, they simply don't care. Little black boys can look up to Superman or Batman, they figure. Or Cyborg.

Really struggling with this. Its brought to bear a lot of UGLINESS I've ignored without and within, yes on this very site, for a while. Not sure I can do that anymore.

Everyone’s processing in their own way. Some of the fan art that depicts this tragedy as if T’challa died instead of Chadwick made me feel some kinda way at first. But I realized if you’re a MCU fan and an artist you’re probably gonna process through that lens. I can’t get mad at it. It’s really just too raw right now.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think it's that people aren't separating the character from the actor. And in their defense, it's a very MCU attitude to have. I mean, RDJ and Evans (the kings of the MCU) decided they were done, and Marvel decided to write their biggest characters out rather than re-cast. In the minds of fans, the actors and the characters seem to blur together a lot, and Marvel has encouraged that. Hell, the actors have encouraged that; how many of them do charity work in costume? Even with their contracts over, Evans is pushing a political thing and Downy is gifting prosthetic limbs to kids.

And on top of all this, Chadwick's sudden death and everyone learning about how he carried this burden without anyone knowing about it.....that's some raw emotion to throw into the mix. Hard to blame people who seem to feel like T'Challa died too, and not just Chadwick.

This is stuff people like Fiege are going to have to consider and debate real soon, cruel as it is, but us fans? I feel like we outta just....live in this moment, right now. A good man who brought us all a lot of joy has died; let's not worry too much about where the next damn movie will go (at least this week) and instead just commiserate our shared loss and celebrate the man's contributions and life. Seems a little callous to be all "but what about his contractual obligations!?" at the moment, yknow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    They could give less than a damn. They don't see them as human beings, been saying this for a while. Least of all Boseman. They want to recast him so T'challa handing the reigns to Shuri doesn't happen offscreen. His death is a minor inconvenience at worst, a way to hasten the handover at best. I'm...struggling not to feel hatred for such individuals, that they've somehow gotten this far in life with empathy being a foreign concept to them. But there's so many of them that its hard. It really is.

Or, again, they simply don't care. Little black boys can look up to Superman or Batman, they figure. Or Cyborg.

Really struggling with this. Its brought to bear a lot of UGLINESS I've ignored without and within, yes on this very site, for a while. Not sure I can do that anymore.
    Agreed on all parts.

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I just wonder... would YOU want to be the actor who has to fill Chadwick's boots?

They're going to recast another actor for T'Challa. This pushes BP 2 back some because 1) still need time to get over Boseman's death and rightfully so and 2) they need to find the right actor for the role. They make have plans for Shuri to take over somtime dow the road but I don't think that will be anytime soon.

I want them to take their time with this decision because it's the biggest one since they chose Chadwick for the role. This is too important to screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I just wonder... would YOU want to be the actor who has to fill Chadwick's boots?
    From that perspective, it's almost easier to just go the Kasper Cole route and have BP a completely different character.

Still, IF they go the route of recasting I'm sure there's SOMEONE out there willing to do it despite how difficult it will be. I wouldn't want to be in that persons shoes though.

Honestly I think no matter what they do, a certain portion of the fanbase will complain. The upside being when there's really no right answer there's also really no wrong answer. Whatever they do, they will just have to bite the bullet and move on. It'll probably be OKAY which ever route they take, despite the criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Like I said earlier, let some time pass first. Then....

If only Michael B Jordan wasn't Kilmonger. If not him then Aldis Hodge.