Page 467 of 750 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 11243

For BP 2, they should introduce T'Challa's half-brother Jakara Son of T'Chaka who was raised abroad and make him Black Planther as Queen Shuri deals with the major outside threats.

Jakara is soon found out to be a member a Wakandan terrorist group called the Hyena Clan who plan to steal from the Wakandan Reservoir. Which causes Queen Shuri to finally step up and challenge him for the Black Panther mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    For BP 2, they should introduce T'Challa's half-brother Jakara Son of T'Chaka who was raised abroad and make him Black Planther as Queen Shuri deals with the major outside threats.

Jakara is soon found out to be a member a Wakandan terrorist group called the Hyena Clan who plan to steal from the Wakandan Reservoir. Which causes Queen Shuri to finally step up and challenge him for the Black Panther mantle.
    Her mother's still Queen for now. Why would you be opposed to just recasting for another actor who would assume the role of T'Challa?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, Okoye didn't abandon him... she was just nowhere to be found.

The reason they have different in the MCU is because flat they serve entirely different functions. The movie needed a love interest, so they simply turned Nakia into a love interest. The movie needed a traitor, so the movie simply turned W'Kabe into a traitor. The movie needed the Wakandan equivalent of Q for T'Challa, so they turned Shuri into the Wakandan equivalent of Q. The movie literally took established names and stuck them on literally whatever roles the movie needed to fill.

Honestly if Coogler tug a LITTLE deeper he probably could have found closer approximations in some cases. Taku probably could have served as T'Challa's Q, and Melaika could have worked as a love interest. But they just grabbed bigger name characters and put them in those roles, which is fine.
    Which again has nothing to do with Okoye an rather writers just didn't use her. So far she is still the no ride or die.

And I would say that Coogler simply took the characters from the most prominent runs more so. Nakia got a good change though so it's okay. And they filled the roles as such because they lacked more development for how long they have been around, but w'kabi and mbaku, and Ross and we're pretty similar to the comic version. Same with Ramonda, and Okoye

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I would bet good money that there are a bunch of actors right now who are privately hoping to fill Chadwick's shoes and are only keeping silent out of respect and/or pr. Are you kidding. If I had the physical attributes and only one commercial under my belt I would be. Chadwick set the bar. Ima set it higher is what I'd be telling myself. Already trying to live by his example in real life.
    I am motivated to live more like Chad. I already had mad respect for the dude and if I ever had the chance, he was the one celebrity on a very short I absolutely wanted to meet IRL, but I see him as someone to strive to be, people shouldn't feel threatened to be more like him but rather see him as a beacon, and I would even go as far to say, whomever decides to take the role as T'Challa should dedicate their life to be like Chadwick. I mean really theres nothing wrong with being that type of person. Someone with great character and wanting to make the best and most positive impression for young black boys and girls and up to adult men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Her mother's still Queen for now. Why would you be opposed to just recasting for another actor who would assume the role of T'Challa?
    Fine.

We could pull a Paul Walker on this Black Panther situation. Pick one of Chadwick's two brothers - either Kevin or Derick Boseman - to act as a stand-in for T'Challa, as they digitally superimpose Chad's face onto his brothers’ performances for scenes.

Astonishing Member

I would bet good money that there are a bunch of actors right now who are privately hoping to fill Chadwick's shoes and are only keeping silent out of respect and/or pr. Are you kidding. If I had the physical attributes and only one commercial under my belt I would be. Chadwick set the bar. Ima set it higher is what I'd be telling myself. Already trying to live by his example in real life.
    And they'd be respectful/smart to keep their mouth shut so people can grieve lol. The idea that there aren't hungry young black actors with the profile needed to take on T'Challa is kinda crazy. Now I'm not saying every single one of them is a viable candidate to replace Boseman, who clearly stood above most in his weight class both on and offscreen.

But who's to say John David Washington, Trevante Jones, and a handful of other black men in the industry don't see an opportunity to carry on the legacy Boseman leaves behind and elevate the character they likely came to love? The press tour would be hectic and controversial but I think an actor with the right capabilities, and more importantly, the motivation to channel Boseman's aura into T'Challa would jump at the opportunity if Disney offered it. It all comes down to what Coogler's comfortable with, but I don't think Disney would be scrapping the bottom of the barrel looking to recast T'Challa.

BANNED

Yep, will be addressing a few elephants in the room.

Let’s start the avatar name: Paul Muad’Dib. it’s a clue. A clue for WWO story telling.

Bene Gesserit = Dora

BP fans have been given a pacified Wakanda.

#1 in tech? Nope

#1 in mysticism? Witch-craft is an African concept polarized by non-black folks. Dr. Strange should not have more magic than BP. Facts

King of the Dead? Some folk don’t know the global myth of “Cats having 9 lives”… Definitely have not applied the (African) mythology to Bast or BP.

Spice = Vibranium.

It’s sad because I’m flanked by pick-pockets. Marvel will owe me a lot of bread if they don't make amends. % of a billion. They have given you (the BP fans) the illusion of separation. They can come-up with good stories for BP but we (the fans) can’t.

More elephants: R.J. (nothing personal)

WWO/ Black Panther Youtube video coming soon... (The BP referee)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Which again has nothing to do with Okoye an rather writers just didn't use her. So far she is still the no ride or die.

And I would say that Coogler simply took the characters from the most prominent runs more so. Nakia got a good change though so it's okay. And they filled the roles as such because they lacked more development for how long they have been around, but w'kabi and mbaku, and Ross and we're pretty similar to the comic version. Same with Ramonda, and Okoye
    I can't fault Okoye for the writers not using her... but at the same time, I can't give her credit for being there for T'Challa when she wasn't. So she breaks even at best.

Honestly I don't think Shuri, Zuri, W'kabi, or Nakia were really all that similar to their comic book counter parts. He had specific roles that he just used the names of existing characters to fill. Nakia is a love interest, even though it's nothing like the comics. Shuri is a lab rat, even though it's nothing like the comics. And W'Kabi is a traitor and Okoyes husband, even though it's nothing like the comics. It's just slapping names on roles. Calling them pretty similar is far too generous. Though again, it's not like Coogler was required to be accurate in this regard. For secondary characters like this, he can do what he wants.

I'll give you Ramonda. That was pretty close.

Fine.

We could pull a Paul Walker on this Black Panther situation. Pick one of Chadwick's two brothers - either Kevin or Derick Boseman - to act as a stand-in for T'Challa, as they digitally superimpose Chad's face onto his brothers’ performances for scenes.
    We've seen in Fast and Furious and in Star Wars that there are viable options for them to use if they want Chadwick in the movie... perhaps in some sort of scene in the spirit plane with Shuri or whatever. It's a viable option of Coogler feels comfortable with it. Him being in the movie that way might be a sort of theraputic way for the MCU and the audience to say good bye.

We'll see what Coogler ends up doing. It's a tough call.

Fine.

Lol, um I guess if they really wanted to they could try that, but there lots of very talented young black actors that could be considered without all the gymnastics required to make that happen. For example John David Washington is starting to look like an actor with power, presence to make a strong T'Challa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, um I guess if they really wanted to they could try that, but there lots of very talented young black actors that could be considered without all the gymnastics required to make that happen. For example John David Washington is starting to look like an actor with power, presence to make a strong T'Challa.
    John David Washington is a great choice to carry on the legacy Boseman left behind. The sequel is probably getting pushed back 1-2 years anyway so that potentially gives him more time to get some meaty roles under his belt that solidify his cred as an actor.

The reality is, either way Disney goes BP2 makes them money. Recast or not, fans are gonna be anticipating how Marvel pays respect to Boseman's extraordinary contributions, and that'll only add to preexisting hype for the movie. So it really all comes down to optics and creative direction. If Coogler and Feige feel T'Challa is too important to die, a highly qualified black actor with the right marketing could be embraced by general audiences. At that point it all comes down to timing and picking the right man for the job. We're already seeing a shift, it's really the major nerd culture sites that they'd have to be concerned about.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    And they'd be respectful/smart to keep their mouth shut so people can grieve lol. The idea that there aren't hungry young black actors with the profile needed to take on T'Challa is kinda crazy. Now I'm not saying every single one of them is a viable candidate to replace Boseman, who clearly stood above most in his weight class both on and offscreen.

But who's to say John David Washington, Trevante Jones, and a handful of other black men in the industry don't see an opportunity to carry on the legacy Boseman leaves behind and elevate the character they likely came to love? The press tour would be hectic and controversial but I think an actor with the right capabilities, and more importantly, the motivation to channel Boseman's aura into T'Challa would jump at the opportunity if Disney offered it. It all comes down to what Coogler's comfortable with, but I don't think Disney would be scrapping the bottom of the barrel looking to recast T'Challa.
    I didn't mean to suggest Disney acrape the bottom of the barrel. But just as we are considering what should happen moving forward with the franchise so are some quality actors that would fit the roll and you just know they would treat both the roll and Chadwick with reverence. Their A game would be brought and I am sure Coogler, and the rest of the cast, would help guide and protect the right actor through the role and the press.
    I just don't believe that there isn't more than one quality actor out there that understands the significance of T'Challa in modern culture. And I believe Coogler and the rest of the cast probably do as well simply from talking and listening to Chadwick. I'm sure they are hurting more than we are at Chadwicks passing bit I also don't believe they will abandon T'Challa easily.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member

I didn't mean to suggest Disney acrape the bottom of the barrel. But just as we are considering what should happen moving forward with the franchise so are some quality actors that would fit the roll and you just know they would treat both the roll and Chadwick with reverence. Their A game would be brought and I am sure Coogler, and the rest of the cast, would help guide and protect the right actor through the role and the press.
    I just don't believe that there isn't more than one quality actor out there that understands the significance of T'Challa in modern culture. And I believe Coogler and the rest of the cast probably do as well simply from talking and listening to Chadwick. I'm sure they are hurting more than we are at Chadwicks passing bit I also don't believe they will abandon T'Challa easily.
    Yea I don't mean that you were saying they'd scrape the bottom of the barrel. I'm just commenting on the general atmosphere around the idea of a recast. People are acting like there wouldn't be anyone eager for the role or that they wouldn't prepared for the backlash (however small) that'd come with it.

There's numerous talented black actors that could take on the role of T'Challa to the best of their ability in order to give Boseman his respects and continue his legacy. And like you said, the way Coogler has moved and spoken about the film makes me think he understands T'Challa's significance and would want to finish his story as originally intended.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I don't mean that you were saying they'd scrape the bottom of the barrel. I'm just commenting on the general atmosphere around the idea of a recast. People are acting like there wouldn't be anyone eager for the role or that they wouldn't prepared for the backlash (however small) that'd come with it.

There's numerous talented black actors that could take on the role of T'Challa to the best of their ability in order to give Boseman his respects and continue his legacy. And like you said, the way Coogler has moved and spoken about the film makes me think he understands T'Challa's significance and would want to finish his story as originally intended.
    Other franchises have experienced the same thing. The Superman curse is often talked about (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_curse), and how playing 'The Joker' can affect the actors afterwards (https://www.looper.com/13883/joker-h...r-played-role/).

In both cases, new actors were found determined to perform in these roles, and so the legacy of these characters could continue. Chadwick Boseman's performance as T'challa was superb. The cast that supported him was electrical. But his legacy must also continue... there are too many stories about T'challa that need to be told.