Page 657 of 750 FirstFirst ... 157557607647653654655656657658659660661667707 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,855 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Difference is that they already know they aren't suitable to be BP and they all have their established lanes and roles. Shuri literally did nothing, no development or anything and when T'Challa was of World doing superhero isht she had to be egged on to take on leadership roles being told she the princess regent and to do something because she didn't know what to do when T'Challa wasn't around... This is not leadership qualities. She should of been working towards something more, or we should of been shown she has an aptitude for... Something. Which we don't get until Mayberry creates P.R.I.D.E and he frakked up her whole mini with a the isht he did. Point is, again the reason behind Shuri made sense fro. What Hudlin said. He wanted a female character for his daughter look up to, unfortunately, he didn't take Shuri further in the development phase at all
    He made her BP. I'd say that a pretty significant development.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, I think a cast of 5 is sufficiently small enough that you can put the majority of the focus on Shuri while still having space to give 4 other characters development. You could theoretically do that with a cast of 6 though, it just comes down to how good a writer is at balancing characters and subplots without compromising Shuri's paneltime.

I agree they could go the love triangle route. I'm personally not a fan of it in the books I read but if it were a title geared towards the YA crowd that might work. I'm a little weary of Shuri with a mutant though, ngl. Maybe Muti eventually picks Asha and Shuri has to find someone else or something? And agreed, QDJ would be tied with Shuri for best martial artist, maybe give her some unique short-spears and her own vibranium exoskeleton?

Should she though? Not every Wakandan wants to be BP, only a couple actually compete in Challenge Day. Similar to the States, most kids probably muse about being the leader of the nation, but by the time they're able adults they've found new passions and goals. As Redjack stated, Wakanda isn't Sparta.

Every Wakandan can fight in the name of their kingdom but that doesn't mean everyone wants to rule or be a badass warrior. Shuri's in a place where she should absolutely be trained, as in the event T'Challa dies she should have the skills to take the throne in his place. But in-universe she should have enough maturity to recognize she should focus on other things and stop challenging her brother. Same goes for those in T'Challa's circle.
    I don't care for Muti lol. But the 6th character could be a new one brought in later after the love triangle thing is resolved. I honestly do t like the idea of mutants being in Wakanda simply because vibranium mutates (like vibraxas) are way more unique to Wakanda then the x gene, plus it keeps x office out of BP franchise. I think there was that guy way back when.. Flea? He was apart of pride, Shuris eye in the sky. As for QDJ. Not sure, I'm kinda over spears though lol I want something different, something that's not the same ole same. Not sure what though but the DM should have weapons unique to them.hjve her like a mambele or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She did talk to Tchalla. It was her first kill, she cried in Bad Mutha. The Paris Hilton thing was Mayberry and hes only slightly above Coates with depictions.

How would they know if they dont have the characteristics if they dont try and fail?
    And that was the last we see anything or hear anything about it, Shuri doesn't get further development, and she becomes T'Challa with boobs. Of the goal was to make her BP or anything else there needs to be work out in.

And you don't have to try and fail to know you don't have the characteristics.

I don't care for Muti lol. But the 6th character could be a new one brought in later after the love triangle thing is resolved. I honestly do t like the idea of mutants being in Wakanda simply because vibranium mutates (like vibraxas) are way more unique to Wakanda then the x gene, plus it keeps x office out of BP franchise. I think there was that guy way back when.. Flea? He was apart of pride, Shuris eye in the sky. As for QDJ. Not sure, I'm kinda over spears though lol I want something different, something that's not the same ole same. Not sure what though but the DM should have weapons unique to them.hjve her like a mambele or something lol

And that was the last we see anything or hear anything about it, Shuri doesn't get further development, and she becomes T'Challa with boobs. Of the goal was to make her BP or anything else there needs to be work out in.

What is with you guys and the "with boobs" angel. Are ya'll threatened that shes a woman.

Astonishing Member

How do you know? They've never fought each other.
    T'Challa trained her and has more feats under his belt. I think it's generally understood by anyone that reads Black Panther comics that T'Challa is a better fighter than Shuri lol. Like I said, Shuri has no realistic chance of being BP as long as he's alive and well so from an out of universe perspective it's entirely logical and beneficial to the Black Panther IP to transition her into her own role independent of BP.

In-universe, this can be done by creating a character journey where she develops a talent and belief that diminishes her interest in the role. That way she can have her own adventures that aren't contingent on her being invested in the throne. That way instead of being a power-hungry Robin she can be a fully realized Nightwing.

T'Challa trained her and has more feats under his belt. I think it's generally understood by anyone that reads Black Panther comics that T'Challa is a better fighter than Shuri lol. Like I said, Shuri has no realistic chance of being BP as long as he's alive and well so from an out of universe perspective it's entirely logical and beneficial to the Black Panther IP to transition her into her own role independent of BP.

In-universe, this can be done by creating a character journey where she develops a talent and belief that diminishes her interest in the role. That way she can have her own adventures that aren't contingent on her being invested in the throne. That way instead of being a power-hungry Robin she can be a fully realized Nightwing.
    Dick became Batman when Bryce was "killed" by Darkseid.

Astonishing Member

What is with you guys and the "with boobs" angel. Are ya'll threatened that shes a woman.
    Shuri, per the words of her creator was envisioned to be the female power fantasy that T'Challa was for black men. In his bid to create a female Black Panther character that could hold her own, Hudlin (and subsequent writers especially) turned her into T'Challa-lite, hence T'Challa with boobs. It's not about being threatened, it's about pointing out what her character devolved into, and "T'Challa with boobs" is just one of many ways to describe how her character progressed. I've personally used T'Challa-lite, T'Challa clone, female T'Challa, etc. It's also about pointing out the only meaningful difference between the two of them when she became that way.

Shuri, per the words of her creator was envisioned to be the female power fantasy that T'Challa was for black men. In his bid to create a female Black Panther character that could hold her own, Hudlin (and subsequent writers especially) turned her into T'Challa-lite, hence T'Challa with boobs. It's not about being threatened, it's about pointing out what her character devolved into, and "T'Challa with boobs" is just one of many ways to describe how her character progressed. I've personally used T'Challa-lite, T'Challa clone, female T'Challa, etc. It's also about pointing out the only meaningful difference between the two of them when she became that way.
    Does the difference in their sex affect the way they do the job?

I can't speak for everyone else but I kinda like women with boobs.

Just sayin' is all....

I'd say that Shuri was far more hardline and maybe traditionalist than T'Challa. A lot more impetuous too.

RE: Shuri:

You all are going to love King in Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I can't speak for everyone else but I kinda like women with boobs.

Just sayin' is all....
    But considering they use the word "she" in their sentences adding "with boobs" seems like it's being used to diminish the character.

WOW the Shuri Appreciation thread...

That's good therapeutically speaking as it softens the heart in preparation for the inevitable!

The revolution will not be televised... Streamed... Or digitally remastered... I pinky swear!

Namor and Doom back deep to receive the kick... UHM!

Last Second Edit: The coach was later fired after that game... Just saying!

https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...ch/6383200002/
    Last edited by FLEX HECTIC; 11-30-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    Get Hectic!

But considering they use the word "she" in their sentences adding "with boobs" seems like it's being used to diminish the character.
    Well I agree with you. Some shes don't have boob and shouldn't be thought any less of.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    RE: Shuri:

You all are going to love King in Black.
    I'm getting SWaD vibes form you Redjack.

Astonishing Member

I like Muti, I don't like that he's a mutant because of the potential for nonsense that can be done with his character lol. So if they brought in someone else after him and Shuri have a falling out that'd be great. Flea would be funny, he had some good lines iirc in Shuri's BP book.

QDJ with a laser shooting mambele would be interesting lol.