Page 488 of 750 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 7,306 to 7,320 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I figure this would be a safe place to ask this, but what is everyone's thoughts on recasting BP??

As a black male who loved Mr Bosemans performance, I don't think the character should be suddenly killed off, or shunted out of the MCU to shoe horn Shiri being the new BP. That hasn't been earned YET. I believe we should give a shot for another interpretation of the character, as the MCU has already set precedence for this with war machine (Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle). So what say you??
    Recast T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Might as well take BP off your calendar, ain't no way anything is making their original dates now. Even without Chadwicks death, it is gonna get pushed.
    Yeah, that was to be expected.

It's alright Dboi...they're still gonna have a BP2 come out, just a little bit later.

I figure this would be a safe place to ask this, but what is everyone's thoughts on recasting BP??

As a black male who loved Mr Bosemans performance, I don't think the character should be suddenly killed off, or shunted out of the MCU to shoe horn Shiri being the new BP. That hasn't been earned YET. I believe we should give a shot for another interpretation of the character, as the MCU has already set precedence for this with war machine (Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle). So what say you??
    Since Black Panther is T'Challa's story and not that of these would be usurpers, recasting the role is what I favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Recast T'Challa.
    This........

Gotta keep hope alive. One of these days(soon), Marvel will announce you writing a BP title.

M.T.G.A. - Make T'Challa great again.

I just want to know who we have to petition in Marvel on Twitter to do their golldarn job and hire the man. Despite Panthers quest being billed as season 5 of Avengers it still managed to have critical Acclaim and awards even with that anchor being tied to it.
    they didn't have enough faith that it would sucfeed to bill it as its own separate entity and they were wrong. 1.5 billion dollars in the box office and a cultural movement for the character and still Marvel finds ways to hamstring it and hold it down.

It's getting to the point where I'm just going to jump ship from Marvel and start supporting black characters in DC.
    Last edited by Ekie; 09-23-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm surprised some of you are still waiting and invested in how that trash-heap ends.
    I'm here patiently waiting for announcement of the new BP creative team and book.
    Because we are being held hostage by Coates trash heap. The sooner marvel finally releases the final issues when can finally be free of Coates and get the new creative team, but currently theres no word on a new creative team and likely won't be anything until Coates run ends

No need to tread into it again, but the short answer is recast. But right now I'm leaving it to Marvel and Coogler now to make the best decision. And ignoring these websites out there because they make my blood boil with the isht they say and there "ideas" to pay respect

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I just want to know who we have to petition in Marvel on Twitter to do their goddamn job and hire the man. Despite Panthers quest being billed as season 5 of Avengers it still managed to have critical Acclaim and awards even with that anchor being tied to it.
    they didn't have enough faith that it was exceed to Bill it as its own separate entity and they were wrong. 1.5 billion dollars in the box office and a cultural movement for the character and still Marvel finds ways to hamstring it and hold it down.

It's getting to the point where I'm just going to jump ship from Marvel and start supporting black characters in DC.
    Is DC any better even?

What's the direct twitter for Marvel comics? Blow it up with Redjack for BP Solo writer

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Is DC any better even?

What's the direct twitter for Marvel comics? Blow it up with Redjack for BP Solo writer
    From what skyvolt2000 has said over and over, both in this thread and others, DC is even worse when it comes to how black characters are treated.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Is DC any better even?

Not much.

There was The Terrifics led by Mr Terrific that just ended.

Batman and the Outsiders had a strong Black Lightning as co-lead(?) that will end next month.

Justice League had John Stewart leading for about 4 issues.

Cyborg is somewhere in space with Justice League Odyssey. He was leading early on but not anymore I believe.

No significant Black females doing anything. They might be doing a vixen series but we're not sure.

So DC isn't doing any better.

DC is supposed to be bringing Milestone back.Hopefully it won't be a disaster but it's DC.

Good thing is they're putting more poc in charge on the comic side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I just want to know who we have to petition in Marvel on Twitter to do their golldarn job and hire the man. Despite Panthers quest being billed as season 5 of Avengers it still managed to have critical Acclaim and awards even with that anchor being tied to it.
    they didn't have enough faith that it would sucfeed to bill it as its own separate entity and they were wrong. 1.5 billion dollars in the box office and a cultural movement for the character and still Marvel finds ways to hamstring it and hold it down.

Not understanding why there aren't putting out one-shots and minis(not related to anything Coates is doing.

They had the successful Rise of the Black Panther, Black Panther vs Deadpool and the Marvel Knights mini which all were received pretty good. He was also popping up in other titles.

Other than Avengers BP, is appearing in nothing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Not much.

There was The Terrifics led by Mr Terrific that just ended.

Batman and the Outsiders had a strong Black Lightning as co-lead(?) that will end next month.

Justice League had John Stewart leading for about 4 issues.

Cyborg is somewhere in space with Justice League Odyssey. He was leading early on but not anymore I believe.

No significant Black females doing anything. They might be doing a vixen series but we're not sure.

So DC isn't doing any better.
    DC is supposed to be bringing Milestone back.Hopefully it won't be a disaster but it's DC.

Good thing is they're putting more poc in charge on the comic side.
    Thanks for the rundown and update. As someone who was into Static Shock (the animated series) back in the day and wanted to check out the comics, I'm looking forward to Milestone's big comeback, too. And yeah, hoping it won't be a total disaster, either.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Not understanding why there aren't putting out one-shots and minis(not related to anything Coates is doing.

They had the successful Rise of the Black Panther, Black Panther vs Deadpool and the Marvel Knights mini which all were received pretty good. He was also popping up in other titles.

Bruh, it's Coates fault, he had his cabal come in and just ruin all goodwill and hype with isn't minis. BP wow shouldn't of been a thing, same with Crew, long live, and Shuri should of been written by Ayala from the get go. Rise should of been the first mini, and then bp vs dp and Marvel knights. Then other random fun spin offs. I guarantee you if rise came first it could of turned into a ongoing

Like I was saying earlier. The comics office is still doing the bare minimum. They know it. Was he leader of The Avengers? Yes, but the writing didn't really showcase him as leader in the best way. There have been few if any moments that answer to why he is the exceptional leader he is. I would love to be wrong, however I don't see any true dedication to building up BP to be important.