Page 645 of 750 FirstFirst ... 145545595635641642643644645646647648649655695745 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,675 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Waiting to see her in comics before she jumps to the top of my list...or movies...Regina King or Vivica A Fox would make a nice Zanda

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Tetu by default. He's got a solid design and is more than just a rival claimant for the throne or ultranationalist. A poet-terrorist with mystical abilities and a superpowered underling in Zenzi with her own fleshed out backstory and motivations. He wasn't used very well by Coates but hopefully a writer sees enough potential with him in the future because there's a lot there. The People as a whole are an interesting idea and I think there's potential for them to be a larger scale terror organization that's global in scope.
    Tetu had/has so much potential. The fact that he got relegated to such a **** position because of Coates hard on for Western stereotypes of Africa simply highlights this. If I were to write the character I would completely and utterly erase his origin and start over

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wait.....WHAT!?!?!!????!!?!
    BRUH. I just read this and I'm confused on how they let Coates do that. Are they braindead? The optics of this look terrible. Crap like is this why I don't read comics from Marvel or DC anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    lol, yall weren't here a few years ago huh?

only thing worse were some of the justifications for this nonsense by some unfans lol
    Nah I stopped reading comics, for a long time, and I was curious on what they were doing with Black Panther. I'd rather they not do anything with him, then to portray BP and more broadly Wakanda like that. Pilgrims? Really? Coates Is buggin and anyone trying to cape for that nonsense is buggin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think theyÂ’re definitely recasting. The script Coogler wrote was already locked in and its way too late to overhaul the whole thing to make Shuri the BP.
    While I think a recast is likely I believe there's still a good chance of Shuri BP for the sequel. Marvel's worked with massive script rewrites during preproduction in the past, most notably with Ant-Man. They basically had an all new director and writer come in to deliver a rewrite to that script like 2 months before filming.

But, that team didn't have nearly as much work to do as they basically just added in some comedy, one or two action scenes, and connective tissue to the greater MCU. Coogler would theoretically have to change/kill off the lead from the first film while constructing a new story that has a relatively underdeveloped side character take center stage, all while dealing with what was already likely to be the most daunting preproduction of any solo MCU film.

I don't think Disney is that desperate that they'd push him to do that unless Coogler is confident he can rewrite the script that extensively while handling all his other director duties. Or they're responding to the whims of shareholders who know BP2 will make bank no matter what and just want to pump it out with Shuri as the lead. My assumption is that Marvel wants as perfect a script as possible without having to iron out any details so that preproduction and actual filming is not a mess for such an important film.

Ant-Man was chaotic with its preproduction/writing and it turned out ok, I don't see Marvel taking an even bigger risk with a far more important movie unless they decided early on they had no intention of radically altering their original plans. If they have the ideal script and the preproduction is well underway, they may have rationalized there's no good reason to delay the film for the sole purpose of waiting to announce the new T'Challa. They could be doing the marketing equivalent of ripping a Band-Aid off by announcing someone early next year. If they don't do that, it's all but official Shuri takes the mantle.

BANNED

already spoke with my attorney. years ago. your points are good but nuanced... as it pertains to artistic expression

here's this...

There are fundamental designs & variant designs. BP has a fundamental design like most comic characters. There are design-elements & derivative designs associated with BP.

Derivative designs may not be protected if it is an original creation.

A legitimate Parody is Fair Use....

Derivative designs, parodies or changing the medium is not enough to be considered an original work.

however, a derivative design must have some independent artistic expression sufficient to support a non-trivial distinguishable variation.

Authorship extends only to original content within the parody. Meaning original content can exist within the use of copy-right material.

Original content within licensed properties has to change the medium, translation, representation & dynamics of expression.

A parody imitates the characters style. Replicating preexisting works without determining distinctiveness is just coping the persona or likeness.

Bottom-line-- if the entire (BP) production studio cant handle WWO neither could a team of lawyers. they lose because they lack the kind of integrity needed to support a character like BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Definitely non comics, seriously give her a slight edge above MUC KM..

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Tetu by default. He's got a solid design and is more than just a rival claimant for the throne or ultranationalist. A poet-terrorist with mystical abilities and a superpowered underling in Zenzi with her own fleshed out backstory and motivations. He wasn't used very well by Coates but hopefully a writer sees enough potential with him in the future because there's a lot there. The People as a whole are an interesting idea and I think there's potential for them to be a larger scale terror organization that's global in scope.
    I liked Tetu and Zenzi overall. I think they're viable villains in the future who haven't necessarily lived up to their potential.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I liked Tetu and Zenzi overall. I think they're viable villains in the future who haven't necessarily lived up to their potential.
    They lack proper backstorys and actual agendas and defined powers. The only reason they have potential is due to the fact that everything about them is vague as hell

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Zenzi has a bit of a backstory in the World of Wakanda backup and Tetu had a little bit hinted at throughout related to Changamire. I think it could be explored quite some more, but there's at least some building blocks.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

The problem with Zenzi and Tetu is that they they are just a re-packaged version of M'Baku and Killmonger. BP needs more villains who don't just want to take T'Challa off the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Zenzi makes very little sense to me. What exactly is her beef with T'Challa? She wants to help people and stop oppression but done nothing about it for her own country that has a revolving door of despots in charge. Speaking of which, what has Niganda been up to? The last time it was mentioned was in Rise. Then she teams up with Nazis, who should be the people she should be fighting against. Then she helps revive Killmonger, gives him a symbiote infused with God power, and a powerful intergalactic army from the future all so she could get her revenge on Killmonger who was already dead. It doesn't make any sense to me and I doubt Coates has an explanation to justify this.

Tetu has potential to be a great villain but he's going to need a better writer first.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Zenzi makes very little sense to me. What exactly is her beef with T'Challa? She wants to help people and stop oppression but done nothing about it for her own country that has a revolving door of despots in charge. Speaking of which, what has Niganda been up to? The last time it was mentioned was in Rise. Then she teams up with Nazis, who should be the people she should be fighting against. Then she helps revive Killmonger, gives him a symbiote infused with God power, and a powerful intergalactic army from the future all so she could get her revenge on Killmonger who was already dead. It doesn't make any sense to me and I doubt Coates has an explanation to justify this.

Tetu has potential to be a great villain but he's going to need a better writer first.
    Zenzi makes no sense overall

She is a terrible villain.

She has nothing going for her except she i sa black woman villain, which is really really really rare.

Her backstory makes no sense, her powerset keeps changing depending on the plot, her motivations make no sense.

She is terrible. I don't get what people see in her. She was fine initially because she was a blank slate with empath-like powers. Then they kept writing about her nad ruined it lol

Tetu still has potential beause he has a neat design and his powerset of "plant sorcerer" is new-ish. Him being some sort of Wakandan anarchist like say... Zaheer from Avatar would make sense. He doesn't WANT the throne... he doesn't want there ot be a throne period. He is such a blank slate that he has potential there. He just needs an actual comic book dude to write him so he isn't doing 10 minute dances with poetry while the hero stares at him just for some tree roots lol.

Zenzi, on the other hand, is crap bc they did try flesher her out a touch and it just became a mess.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I actually think why Tetu and Zenzi suck is because their powers have almost nothing to do with their motivations. If Tetu is supposed to be an anarchist, why give him nature powers? That doesn't fit him at all. Zaheer worked because he was supposed to who was an extremist and wasn't meant to have air bending powers. Him being the total opposite of an Air Nomad is why his character worked. Tetu's powers are just a random thought because someone couldn't think of anything better.

Same thing with Zenzi. How does being an empath/telepath/mind control person work with her motivations? They could actually work better if someone took the time to write her character properly.

Here's my quick thought of what I might done: give both of them the same empath related power but they work differently. Zenzi can understand and experience the emotions of others, but can't change them. Tetu can't understand or experience the emotions of others, but can change them. Make their relationship symbiotic but suggest they may be manipulation or gaslighting being done on Tetu's part. Flesh out how their powers work together and how they were able to become terrorists in this way.

Anarchy = return to nature?

Emotional abused = empath powers?

lol

im honestly shocked no one has used Mephisto again. The rest of Marvel loves them some Mephisto.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Keep what could work, kill off and ignore whatever isn't worth it. I don't care if Coates gets royalties because of a great adaptation of Tetu, I care that we get a great adaptation of an original BP villain. I hate the story that introduced us to Shadow Physics but I think that should be built on. The circumstances under which T'Challa became KoTD were far from ideal but it offered a foot into Wakandan mysticism I'd like to see explored. Coates' run ending up trash doesn't mean interesting concepts he developed can't be retrofitted for future stories to the benefit of the franchise as a whole.

That's cutting your nose to spite the face. Love it or hate it, we got quite a few original villains the last few years and with enough retcons and revamps they could work as long term enemies. Take out the whole Native American analogue and I think the Originators got potential as demons from Wakanda's prehistory. Flesh out The People's ideology and structure then we have an African-inspired, techno-sorcery using, anarchist version of HYDRA. Destroy all but a few planets of the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda and you got an imperial remnant led by someone who could be T'Challa's Maestro. I don't see the point in getting rid of villains or concepts that could be fixed by better writers.
    Why should any planet be destroyed in the IGEW when it's barely been explored?

Wakanda has been taking in defeat after defeat and humliating phyrric "victory" again and again for the last decade ....now you want to continue that trend on a cosmic level????

If anything I thing IGEW should expand.